Oky doky -- here we go:

Banana Muffin Recipe (my favorite so far) Alterations for Brownies follow:

1 1/2 c water
1 pkt MF scrambled eggs
1 pkt MF apple cinnamon oatmeal
2 pkts MF banana pudding
1 or 2 tsp vanilla
1/2 (or more) tsp baking POWDER
a ton of pumpkin pie spices (allspice, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, etc. to your taste)
pinch of salt
2 pkts of Splenda
a little less than 1/4 cup psyllium or ground flaxseed

Mix and let sit for at least 5 minutes. Pour into 4 muffin tins or 4 small glass baking dishes (or french whites) -- 1 cup or 1.5 cup capacity -- which have been sprayed with Pam (or something similar). Cover with foil. Bake on, what?, 375? for about 45 minutes. I'm not an exact kind of cook -- it's more art to me than anything. I create! (She says with a toss of dusting flour into the air.)

Yes, smaller baking dishes, foil -- all part of the muffin magic. I've also baked them in water like custard. Big surprise -- they came out custardy! I liked 'em, but Mike thought they were too moist. (You could still pick them up and eat them, but very, very moist.)

Brownies -- I've not found a legal way that I actually can call them brownies. However, here it is: use one pkt chocolate pudding and one pkt banana -- for some reason it tastes better. I also use a dash of cinnamon in that one. And I've used PB2 for Mike. But I also make it illegal by adding real cocoa powder. My recommendation: DON'T DO IT!! Cocoa powder is NOT on the list of approved condiments because it is chock full of FAT!!! 9 calories per gram, people!! So, I don't make them very often -- only when I'm car keys away from driving down to any open bakery for a piece of chocolate cake.

I've also been playing around with lemon muffins. 2 pkts of vanilla pudding, no spices, but some real lemon juice (again, not quite "legal"). I tried making them with lemon extract -- by the time you get enough lemon in there to taste it, it tastes bitter.

Pray this helps pave your path to psuedo pastry paradise. :mrgreen:
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby rodeomom » January 15th, 2008, 10:14 am

Hey Di, next time try using some Crystal Light Lemon-aide powder. A little goes A LONG way! I love it in my vanilla pudding, it makes it taste like Lemon Marangue(sp) pie. I have noticed that I have to reduce the water in it though for some reason or it comes out runny.
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby DogMa » January 15th, 2008, 2:05 pm

DaVinci also makes a sugar-free lemon syrup. Might be worth a try.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby monkeymom » January 31st, 2008, 6:09 pm

Hi everyone. I am new here. Well, not really new - am an oldie, returning after more than a year away.

I was really glad to see the brownie recipe - I did tweek it a bit. From the original recipe I substituted 1 packet of scrambled eggs for 1 packet of oatmeal. I also added a dash of vanilla extract. They turned out great. I think the eggs gave a bit more of a cake texture.
Vicki
255 - 1/29/08
monkeymom
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby iammissruth » January 31st, 2008, 7:31 pm

Vicki,
Would you be willing to post your recipe? I don't do well with creating my own and I am a chocaholic.....
Thank!
Ruthetta
iammissruth
Preferred member

Postby Mike » January 31st, 2008, 11:20 pm

monkeymom wrote:I did tweek it a bit. From the original recipe I substituted 1 packet of scrambled eggs for 1 packet of oatmeal. I also added a dash of vanilla extract. They turned out great. I think the eggs gave a bit more of a cake texture.

Hi Vicki.

Just trying to get my head around this. So, did you have 2 packets of eggs and 2 packets of pudding then. The original recipe in this thread uses 1 packet eggs, 1 packet oatmeal and 2 packets of pudding.

Is that what you used? Perhaps we will try that if it is.

Thanks for the help.

;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby monkeymom » February 7th, 2008, 1:55 pm

Mike and Ruth - sorry about the confusion. I modified the recipe from the link in the first post of this thread - here - http://www.makemethinner.com/forum/diet-5407.html

This is the original -
4 packets of oatmeal, (not peach or vanilla berry)
3 packets of chocolate shakes
1 package of chocolate pudding
3 T. canola oil
4 packages splenda
1 T of cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

So I substituted 1 package of eggs for 1 package of oatmeal, and then tweeked the seasonings as I mentioned.

I have not tried any of the other brownie recipes shown here yet - so they may be better than this one. I think I used this one because I had the ingredients on hand for it. But I was quite happy with the final product - oh, and they warm up quite nicely too.

One more thing. As I was pouring my coffee one morning, I dribbled a good bit on my nicely warmed brownie - well it was just yummy! I am going to substitute some coffee for water in the next batch I make.

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to these questions - I am in grad school and prepping to take my comps (comprehensive exams) in April, so while I am on my computer nearly every waking hour, I am usually reading articles, book reviews, emailing professors, etc.
Vicki
255 - 1/29/08
monkeymom

Postby Mike » February 7th, 2008, 3:08 pm

Thanks. So thats 8 medimeals when its finished... interesting.

8)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby monkeymom » February 7th, 2008, 7:58 pm

Yes - 8 brownies. It bakes in a 9 X 13 pan, so they are pretty big. I am going to try a bit smaller pan next time - I like them a bit thicker. Hopefully it won't cause a problem with the middle getting done.
Vicki
255 - 1/29/08
monkeymom

Previous

Return to Lean Cuisine