Medifast Legal Brownie Recipe

Add your favorite recipes.

Medifast Legal Brownie Recipe

Postby Nancy » March 6th, 2006, 4:02 pm

Dear MakeMeThinner Chocoholics and Goodie Bakers ~

In a previous post, we had an unknown 'Guest' sign on and post a recipe for Brownies using Medifast products.

I checked out the recipe with the TSFL/Medifast nutritonist and she said it is
:whoohoo: approved.

Here is a separate post with the recipe for future ease in locating the recipe.

:trophy: Thank you 'Guest' (whoever you are) for sharing it with MakeMeThinner![/color] :trophy:

Guest's Medifast Approved Brownie Recipe:

4 packets of oatmeal, (not peach or vanilla berry)

3 packets of chocolate shakes

1 package of chocolate pudding

3 T. canola oil

4 packages splenda

1 T of cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

Mix all ingredients and then add water until it looks like brownie mix.
Use a 9x13 inch cake pan, sprayed with non-stick spray on butter, and bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.

It makes the edges a bit dark like I like my brownies.

It makes 8 servings with about 14 carbs a serving if you average out all the packets and the Splenda.

If you don't have chocolate pudding, use a shake as the 8th supplement.

The squares usually weigh out to about 3 oz. each and I just cut them up, weigh them and package them to take with me anywhere I go.

They are moist and brownie-like.

Hope someone else enjoys them the way I do.

Serving size: This recipe makes 8 servings, so no more than 5 of these may be eaten per day!

Each brownie counts as one Medifast Supplement..
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby MusicalMomma » March 6th, 2006, 4:14 pm

I suggest making them in cup cake or muffin pans...that way you can make eight seperate servings and as soon as they cool...put them in a ziplock, throw them in the fridge and you don't have to smell that heavenly aroma all day!!! :)
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Nancy » March 6th, 2006, 4:18 pm

Good idea! Thank you!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby petiewheats » March 6th, 2006, 4:28 pm

Has anyone made these yet? It seems like a lot of product to waste if they aren't appetizing. I tried the oatmeal cookies and did not enjoy them. I do understand they aren't the real thing,Most of the products I find quite tasty. Just can't handle the chili or teas just yet.
Thanks.
Paula
petiewheats
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby ladyhawke » March 6th, 2006, 5:43 pm

Paula,
A lot of people can't handle the chili until they doll it up.
Check Lean Cuisine for some chili ideas, they are all about the same but there is a trick to it.
My Physical Therapist gave me her chili because she didn't want to fuss with it but I think it's well worth it.
I eat it every day and it is a treat and I find it to be filling.

Do add water and let it rest in the fridge for a while?

When I'm making my coffee in the morning I put the soups and oatmeal for the day in the fridge with their respective spices to reconstitute, I love cumin in my chili, let it rest in the fridge for a couple of hours, and simmer it, when it's done I put Rotel on top 1 T, sometimes a little chopped onions and 1 teas FF sour cream, that with the whole grain crackers and a diet soda gets me through lunch.
It's kinda hard to bring it to work and do the microwave there so I prepare the chili at home.
ladyhawke
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby loriannk » March 6th, 2006, 6:13 pm

Well my brownies are in the oven right now. I used 8 of those large foil cupcake tins to make them in. Batter tasted yummy.

My question is do they have to be in the frig or freezer? Or can they stay out for a few days till they are ate?

I also wanted to say tomorrow is my 1 week start date. I hope to post positive weigh in. My first day was bad until I found this website and saw you can "doctor" up the food. I just love the chili (spiced up), vanilla shake with banana extract & oatmeal cookies. I broil them at the end to brown them up more and make them crispier.

Anyway what do I do with the brownies that are not being eaten right away (which is 7 :D )

Lori
loriannk

Postby Nicki » March 6th, 2006, 7:00 pm

Hey Lori - welcome aboard!! Let us know how those brownies are ... I can't wait to hear!
Nicki
started 9/19/05

Nicki
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

I Made Them - My Review of The "Brownies"

Postby loriannk » March 6th, 2006, 7:09 pm

Well I followed the recipe but I baked them in those foil cupcake tins. Maybe the pan will turn out better.

I had to bake them for over 20 min. When they came out they looked like a cupcake, felt spongy. 5 min later I look at them and they collapsed. I had to scrape them off on a plate and microwave them for a min or so because they still was not done on the inside. After it cooled a bit I just picked up the pieces and it was fine.

The taste is good. It tastes like oatmeal with chocolate flavor. Remember they wont taste like a true brownie. I like the taste. For me a perfect "treat" before bed. (my last supplement of the day).

I would do the pan if you are going to try them as the cupcake tins did not work.

Out of 10 I give them a 7. They are ok but they use a lot of supplements. But if you are looking for something cake/brownie like this is it.

Lori
Last edited by loriannk on March 6th, 2006, 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3 kids ages 2, 8 & 9
loriannk

Postby scrabbler7 » March 6th, 2006, 7:19 pm

So - I haven't made these yet ... but like everyone else, it seems, I've definitely been thinking of doing it -- yet am nervous about the large quantity of servings at one time.

So as I'm reading, I see the idea for putting them into individual cupcake tins - pretty nifty there girls. But then this idea :idea: just pops right in ... so here it is.

Mix all the dry ingredients together .... then halve the dry mixture. Put 1/2 in a ziploc and make half for brownie cupcakes by halving the canola oil (or 1 1/2 T).

I've another order arriving (hopefully) tomorrow from autoship that will have the chocolate pudding in it.

I'm going to try these then -- at least making them this way; I'll only have 4 of them around at a time. So, even if I eat all 4 in one day ... I would still be program compliant! :shock:

:yeah: brownies .... yippee
scrabbler7
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » March 6th, 2006, 10:20 pm

I would store any left-overs in the refrigerator or the freezer to avoid mold...

Great idea to portion out the mix, Serendipity. Baking half a panful might help some of us to avoid the fear of scarfing too many brownies...

I will enjoy reading about your Kitchen Quips and Baking Tips but I must avoid them right now. Too many servings within my hairy arm's reach at one time is not a good thing for me.

I haven't been to the YMCA for a while (lack of transportation, January crazies, illness & excuses) plus increased Prednisone medication...let my fork or hand touch nothing unless it comes in one single foil lined package marked with the Medifast logo...
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Gwenski » March 7th, 2006, 4:26 pm

OKAY --- dish....what oatmeals work the best? I am thinking apple and maple/brown sugar? Do tell!??!?

I love the cookies and peach muffins so if these are good like y'all say then I am IN and ready to fiddle in the kitchen!!!

Thanxs a bunch!
Gwenski

Began July 6, 2005 & Originally lost 131.19#'s
New Start Date: November 8, 2008
Gwenski
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby sidrah » March 7th, 2006, 5:31 pm

Refrigerate them. Trust me; I know from experience that mold don't taste good! ;) Chewy, yes....Furry, yes....But, good it is not. I learned my lesson with the oatmeal cookies.
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby scrabbler7 » March 8th, 2006, 7:37 pm

I thought I would update everyone on my brownie journey.

I made these last nite .... in a 1/2 batch like I posted earlier. I wasn't paying attention and put in less oil than it called for -- but it still turned out fine. I used about 3/4 cup of water give or take a smidge and added vanilla instead of cinnamon (scrabbler no like cinny). I had to cook them a long time - about 30 - 35 minutes.

All in all - these were not bad. Now a brownie they are not ... but the cookies out of oatmeal MF aren't cookies either. But if you have made the cookies, these had the same consistency - kinda spongy in the center.

I made a half batch - chopped it into eight pieces and had 2 pieces for 4 meals today. I had my L&G and soup for my remaining meal. So -- it turns out that you can make the brownies and not overindulge!

I made the remaining half batch tonite to take for my meals in work tomorrow.

So for those that were wondering -- give it a try; if you like the cookies you will probably like these. (BTW, my 6 year old son kept sneaking bites of them so they cannot be that bad!)

Happy baking instead of shaking ---
scrabbler7
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » March 8th, 2006, 8:56 pm

Dear Scrabbler ~

Thank you so very much for baking and reporting your findings! It is good to know that the baking time varied and also that your brownies worked with less oil than the recipe called for. I betcha a drip drop of peppermint would be tasty in them, too.

They must not have been too bad or you wouldn't be baking another batch for tomorrow!

I like the idea of baking half a batch at a time - it will be safer for some of us.

Like for me...when I am having a flare up (and I have been for the last eight weeks), my Prednisone is increased and I turn into a Starvin' Marvin. I must be really strict with myself to prevent random acts of eatage.
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby ascicles » March 9th, 2006, 2:38 pm

Hmmm, I may give this a shot. I am a horrible cook though, so I'm worried that I will ruin it. Usually not a big deal, but this will be an expensive batch of brownies!
ascicles
Preferred Member - #110 Club
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Next

Return to Lean Cuisine