need a recipe

Add your favorite recipes.

need a recipe

Postby guestjunglejane » March 14th, 2005, 1:00 pm

OK. This is short notice but does anyone have a good recipe that is MF legal and kind of Irish that I can take to a bunco party on Friday? I think something cabage and meat but not sure. I want to do my lean and green at the party so that I may participate in celebrations and also show the girls that I am not starving and you DO get to eat food and lose weight with MF.
Several of the girls think this is some kind of starvation diet. (Maybe because I don't drink alcohol on it and they see alcohol as a staple in life) :roll:
Thanks ahead of time for any help. Keep shakin and losin' !!!
guestjunglejane

Postby junglejane » March 14th, 2005, 1:02 pm

That was me, Junglejane. Forgot to sign in AGAIN and didn't want to type my message again. :lol: Lazy fingers.
junglejane
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Karen » March 14th, 2005, 3:26 pm

how 'bout fresh slightly steamed broccoli spears wrapped with very thin sliced very lean ham (pig in a blanket style) and held together with tooth picks. These are good warm or cold. There is an assortment of mustards you could use as dip. You can make a bunch of them if you use thin sliced ham. Be sure to weigh out your 4 oz. And diet lime jello jigglers with diced celery in it is fun for a finger food sweet crunchy thing. Not exactly Irish, but it is green. I plan to add green food coloring to my vanilla shake, and add a bit of diet sprite to make a float.
5'3 50 y/o Married
Started MF 11-08-04
Renewal experience 7-16-05
Karen
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby junglejane » March 14th, 2005, 3:37 pm

Thanks Karen! Those are great ideas! I especially like the sugarfree lime jello with celery!! I'll use that one for sure!!---Jungle jane
junglejane

BUNCO

Postby LilMsTexas » March 14th, 2005, 5:55 pm

OMG I'll be at BUNCO Friday night too :shock: I'll have to figure something out as well. I think I'll do those ham broccoli piggy blanket things hehe :mrgreen: Glad you were thinking ahead for BOTH OF US!
CHEERS!
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby 24KaratGold » March 14th, 2005, 6:07 pm

?? What's BUNCO?
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Nancy » March 14th, 2005, 6:14 pm

Hey there, JungleJane ~

I really can’t think of anything juicy for your Irish Bunko Party just off the top of my head but I do stir fry onions in a pan sprayed with Pam and then cut cabbage into nice thick chunks, sprinkle it generously with pepper and vinegar and steam it for a few minutes then serve it with grilled chicken. I like to make very sturdy cubes of lime flavor sugar free Jell-o and cut it into chunks. If you use half the water the directions indicate, resulting in a very boingy treat that can be eaten with your fingers.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby junglejane » March 14th, 2005, 9:40 pm

Nancy, I love the onion and cabbage with chicken. Do you think I could mince the chicken and onion together with the vinegar and pepper and roll it in the cabbage and steam it? Then I could slice it into spirals for finger food type servings. What do you think? Does this fall at all under your health advisor job description? Like you have enough time to swap recipes with the newbie. :burnout:

24K, Bunco is a simple dice game that groups of women get together and play for fun and prizes. In my neighborhood it is a great way for we moms to get out once a month and blow off steam, laugh, talk, eat, and drink. It is something I always look forward to. I just need to be focused while there not to give in to anything that will make me blow it.
junglejane

Postby cthrn007 » March 14th, 2005, 11:17 pm

Now THAT is teamwork!! :hi5:

That would be oh so Martha of you junglejane!!

Hope ya have a nice time at the bunco Party!!
~C
cthrn007
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby purplepansy » March 15th, 2005, 8:29 am

Sounds like the game pokeno we play. Group of 12 of us get together monthly and play for prizes. It is alot of fun but dangerous when it comes to medifasting. I also play a couples version and we alternate every other month. Between the drinks and rich food it is soo hard to stay on track. I bring raw veggies with dip ( I dont eat the dip) so I know there is something there to eat.
purple~
205/195/128

Curvy Vixen waiting to be emerged
purplepansy
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby cthrn007 » March 15th, 2005, 9:22 am

Hi there purple...just noticed you skip the dip with your veggies... have you tried using the MF Salad Dressings...like Ranch? I make it and put extra Ranch Dressing Powdered Mix in it and let it get really cold & thicken in the fridge... yummy as a dip and like all other MF products it is pretty good when doctored up!!

Just a thought... I usually eat the veggies as an excuse to eat the Ranch Dressing! :lol:
~C
cthrn007
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Kauket » March 18th, 2005, 9:53 am

My mother's favorite dip du jour is to make the Hidden Valley Dip with sour cream and to add a bottle of salsa to it. I've been making a variation of that with my fat free hidden valley ranch and salsa for my celery. It's delish and no one needs to know it's not very fattening. :)
Began 2/16/05
253/228/??
Kauket

Return to Lean Cuisine