BiggerInTexas

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby BiggerInTexas » April 25th, 2007, 2:20 pm

Thanks, Donica. You are so strong! I'm ashamed I started grazing when you went to all those school get-togethers and never cheated!

You should totally get a tattoo! :D One of the patients that comes to our office just got a butterfly on her upper thigh. You can only see it if she wears shorter shorts or a bathing suit. It's so cute! I think ankle ones or one on the back of the shoulder would be easy to hide if you wanted to. The hard part really is finding what you want to put there, though! Lots of our breast cancer patients get pink ribbon tattoos.
BiggerInTexas
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby bikipatra » April 25th, 2007, 2:27 pm

BiggerInTexas wrote:
Well, back to the good fight! I love Tawanda's quote, "I will not sacrifice the thing I want the most for something I want at the moment." I'm making it my new mantra!

Love from Austin,
Stace

Another interesting quote is that " the good is the enemy of the best."
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby BiggerInTexas » April 25th, 2007, 7:58 pm

Awesome quote!! Right on the money!!!
BiggerInTexas

Postby DonicaB » April 27th, 2007, 6:49 pm

BiggerInTexas wrote:Thanks, Donica. You are so strong! I'm ashamed I started grazing when you went to all those school get-togethers and never cheated!

Stacey~ Don't be ashamed......just take it as a lesson learned. Sure.....you are seeing me at a strong time in my life, but believe me........it hasn't always been so.

This is my 3rd time on MF. The first 2 times I lost 20# and then quit. I said, "It just seems to hard." But, honestly, that was a bunch of hogwash. Truth is....I couldn't get my cheating under control until finally I gave up. So, you see, I think people who actually get back on track after a cheat have me beat big time. I still have ZERO faith in myself when it comes to being able to get back on track after a cheat. Right now, I don't cheat because I'm afraid I will once again be unable to regain control. I have even considered planning a cheat just to see if I could do it, but then I thought how stupid that would be just to prove something to myself. Instead I've decided that I am going to stay compliant all the way to goal. I'm going to do transition and maintenance properly, and then I'll consider having something off plan. Don't get me wrong.......I do occassionally have one bite of something that is not on plan. But be careful, because that is a slippery slope to get started on.

Ok, so now I have totally hijacked your journal talking about me. I just wanted to make the point that there is a great deal of strength in a person who can pick themselves up after a stumble and get back on track. See Stacey, you are strong too. :mrgreen:

Donica
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby Lizabette » April 27th, 2007, 7:18 pm

Image WAY TO GO, STACE!
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby BiggerInTexas » May 1st, 2007, 10:03 am

I've been a bit under the weather. Whereas before I found it hard to stay compliant in the sense that I was cheating, now I'm finding it hard to stay compliant by eating what I should! I had gotten down from 230 to 211, then gained 2lbs back when I started cheating. Now that I'm eating less than I should, I haven't gained any more, but I haven't lost, either. I'm still stuck right at 213. So I guess I'm learning that it's just as important to eat what we're supposed as it is to not eat what we shouldn't! <-I keep reading that sentance but it isn't really making sense. Must be the cold medicine.

I've had a really hard time getting in fluids. It's noon and I haven't even finished 16oz of water yet. I had gotten a lot better about water - I could usually have 40 oz done by noon and all 64 done by the time I leave work. But my throat really hurts and it's hard to swallow. The soups feel good. I've been making Crystal Light green tea and drinking it hot. I know it's not as good as straight water but I'm having a hard time getting that down. I sure am whiny! I'm even annoying myself.

Hopefully I'll kick this thing shortly and be back on track!
BiggerInTexas

Postby Serendipity » May 1st, 2007, 10:07 am

I drank my water warm once when I had a sore throat. It might help and it's not as bad as it sounds.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby bikipatra » May 1st, 2007, 10:09 am

I hope you feel better soon! :(
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby BiggerInTexas » May 1st, 2007, 1:08 pm

Thanks, guys! I started drinking the water room temp and it was a lot more soothing. I've gotten 5 8oz bottles down now. I did have a bowl of chicken noodle soup last night. I only had four supplements, and the Campbells's sounded so good. Whenever I have a cold it's all I want. My plan is to stick to MF chicken 'n wild rice tonight, though.
BiggerInTexas

Postby Tawanda » May 1st, 2007, 1:39 pm

Stacey, hope you feel better soon.
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby DonicaB » May 1st, 2007, 2:32 pm

Stacey~ Sorry to hear you're feelin' poorly. Sometimes I gargle warm salt water to help my throat when it's sore. It really seems to help, at least for a while. Be careful not to swallow any of it though. YUCK!!!

I hope you're feeling better soon.

Donica
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby Pashta » May 1st, 2007, 4:09 pm

Feel better soon! :)
- Tonia

Start: 03/20/06 (restart 3/19/07)
3 kids: 3 mos, 18 mos, 11 yrs old
Month 1: -4.4,-0.8,-4.0,-2.2 (-11.4, -7 in.)
Month 2: -1.6,-1.6,-3.4
Pashta
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby BiggerInTexas » May 7th, 2007, 7:57 am

Hello, Everyone! I've missed everyone this past week! I'm just getting caught up on journals.

Two Saturdays ago Troy (hubby) and I cleaned out our garage and put up shelves. We took a several things to storage (Christmas decorations, etc). By Sunday evening, I had a sore throat and by Monday, a full-blown cold. I think my allergies acted up and lowered my immunity - and hello, sinus infection! I ended up with a chest cold and fever and took Friday off to recoup.

We had my nephew's 4th b-day party at our house Saturday afternoon. My folks came up from Houston, and my brother and two nephews were there. It was a really good family time. So good to be together! :D My brother just went thru and tough divorce (what divorces aren't tough, eh?), and it was just good to laugh and have fun. We grilled chicken breast and had hot dogs for the kids. We have a great park/nature trail just a block from the house and the kids had fun playing in the creek. It's been in the 80's here and it was such a nice day.

Fortunately my nose was stuffy so I couldn't really taste or smell, so it was easy to skip the chips and dip and the ice cream cake! Sort of a weird blessing there! ;) I'm really tired of coughing and blowing my nose, though.

Sunday Troy and I tried to go see Spiderman 3, but it was sold out 4 or 5 showings ahead. We ended up renting Deja Vu and staying home. It was a nice evening. Troy ordered pizza but again I was saved by mucus!

I got quite a bit off track last week. I had about half the supplements I was supposed to, and not as much water, either. The hot cocoa supplements were great. I make the soup up the day before, but even so, it has a grittiness to it that was hard on my throat. I ended up having 1 bowl of chicken noodle soup a day for 3 days. I would have it in the evening and it just made me feel better before bed. I had a lot of green tea and hot tea with Splenda, so hopefully that made up for less water.

As of yesterday, though, I'm back on track! I think I'll wait until next week to weigh, though. I'm afraid if I weigh tomorrow and I've gained I'll be so discouraged!

Ya'll have a great week!
Love from Austin,
Stace
BiggerInTexas

Postby bikipatra » May 7th, 2007, 8:50 am

Glad you're healthier and back on track! :)
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby DonicaB » May 7th, 2007, 11:30 am

Stacey~ You've really been having a time of it, with the sickies!!!! I'm glad you're doing better now. Congratulations on passing up pizza. I know you think you were saved by the "mucus", but don't short-change yourself. You are growing in strength!!!! :weightlift: You know if you really wanted that pizza......you wouldn't let a little snot stop you.

I've really been enjoying hot green tea with splenda lately myself. It's funny because I used to hate hot tea. Now I look forward to it.

Enjoy your week!!!

Donica
DonicaB
Preferred member

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal