BiggerInTexas

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby BiggerInTexas » April 7th, 2007, 1:44 am

Well, I dropped 5 lbs the first day and 3lbs the second, but only 1/2 lbs the third day. I was really hoping the the 5 lbs a day thing would stay around longer! I've decided to to weigh again until Monday.

I'm working some extra shifts this weekend, and since I'll be awake longer, I'll be taking more supplements. I'm so worried that it'll slow the weight loss down! Hopefully Monday will bring a lighter me. :D
BiggerInTexas
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby bikipatra » April 7th, 2007, 4:28 am

The beginning on Medifast could be called the "salad days", and I mean that in the Shakespearian not the L&G sense. Typically, you will experience a bigger loss at that point than at other points in the program. There may be a few surprises along the way and some men just keep on losing like warriors, but the rest of us just settle into the 3-5 range weight loss a week that compliant people generally experience on the program. There may be stalls, plateaus, slips, but the general trend is that you will keep on losing if you do not give up, drink all your water and remain compliant. Don't be afraid to drink too many supplements if you are up for 3 more hours. You body needs the nutrition.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Tawanda » April 7th, 2007, 6:46 am

I've just finished week 8 on the program and I'm averaging just under 3# per week (2.95# to be exact--per Fitday). I am okay with this amount per week as it is an excellent loss every 7 days and exceeds any other program I've ever been on.

Enjoy those first few big loss days and just consider it a jumpstart on your journey. From now on your weight loss is going to be less (most likely) and so long as the numbers on the scale consistantly go down, it is all good.
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby JonnaD » April 7th, 2007, 8:08 am

Stacey, I lost 10# in my first month and, because of special health issues, I and my doctor are very pleased. I'd like to continue the 10/month loss, but as long as the scale is steadily moving down and not sliding up, I'll be very happy. :lol:
Jonna
Working on learning patience - I want to be thin and I want it NOW!
JonnaD
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby BiggerInTexas » April 7th, 2007, 10:30 pm

Well, I'm makin my way through the weekend. I forgot how slow things get on the weekend, and when it's slow I get bored, and when I'm bored, I want to EAT! Fortunately I brought plenty to do to keep me distracted!

I really haven't been tempted by any foods in particular, until this evening! Before I left for work I was eating my L&G and watching TV. Hubby Troy came in and plopped on the couch and started munching on some Reese's peanut butter eggs. All of the sudden, I wanted to eat them until I got sick! I LOVE Reese's and the Easter eggs are SO good. The craving caught me off-guard since I haven't really felt an urge I couldn't distract myself from so far.

I don't want to make a huge deal to friends and family about the diet. I don't want them to feel like they have to tip-toe around me or act differently or deprive themselves because I'm around. But the Reese's were really hard, so I did ask Troy if he'd mind eating them in another room when I'm home. He felt really bad, which made me feel bad! :(
BiggerInTexas

Postby BiggerInTexas » April 7th, 2007, 10:32 pm

I know he wasn't trying to be rude! I haven't said much at all about the diet so far, so I know he didn't realize it would be hard for me so see the Reeses.
BiggerInTexas

Postby Tawanda » April 8th, 2007, 7:28 am

When I was making up the little Easter baskets for my family, the smell that captured my (and my taste bud's) attention along with activating my salivary glands into overtime ;) was the Reece's Peanut Butter candies (eggs and little cups). Oh my but that smelt so dang good!! I didn't have any, but I did get the basket filling done as fast as I could and put the baskets away where I wouldn't have to smell it any longer. Amazing how certain items can trigger such desire to eat!

Good for you on resisting the urge!!! That is what this is all about, learning to deny ourselves what truly isn't in our best interest to eat. (Those things aren't really even 'food'......just chemicals with flavor crystals and additives........not healthy or a food to enhance your health/body at all). ;)
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby BiggerInTexas » April 8th, 2007, 9:24 am

Thanks for the encouragement, Tawanda! I got behind on drinking the water requirement, too. Once I started catching up, my tummy was so full of water I couldn't imagine putting anything else in! I went and took a hot bubble bath, too, which was a great distraction! :D Danger averted!
BiggerInTexas

Postby BiggerInTexas » April 8th, 2007, 9:33 am

Dobby the French Bulldog had her first day of school yesterday! She's our first dog, and she has all that bulldog stubborness, so we decided to get ourselves some training on how to train her. We were so proud of ourselves 'cause we had already taught her to "sit," so we thought she'd be ahead of the class. But instead she ended up being the "bad" example in the exercises! We have a LOT of homework to do.
BiggerInTexas

Postby bikipatra » April 8th, 2007, 9:34 am

Awwww, poor Dobby! :cry:
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby BiggerInTexas » April 9th, 2007, 6:00 pm

119 today! Still heading in the right direction. Dobbs has been doing great on her homework! :)

I'm beginning to miss food more. At first it seemed so easy to stick to the plan. Now I'm really avoiding the kitchen and the breakroom at work. It's getting harder! Smells attract me more than the sight of food.
BiggerInTexas

Postby DonicaB » April 10th, 2007, 7:45 am

Hang in there Stacey! I went through a phase at the beginning where I was missing food also. But.....stick to your guns........this will pass. You have to make some decisions.......what is it you really want? While I was going through that stage I asked myself 2 questions every time I was tempted to cheat.

1. Will eating that food help me get to my goal?
2. Is it on plan?

This really helped me get through it. Honestly, I still ask myself those 2 questions quite often. Maybe that will help.

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby BiggerInTexas » April 10th, 2007, 7:24 pm

Thanks so much, Donica! I figured the "missing food" stage never went away. It's encouraging to know it will eventually!

I hit one week today, but I forgot to weigh. The lab I work for is being inspected tomorrow. We get inspected every two years and we have to pass to stay open. So it was a crazy day of making sure I have dotted and crossed and polished and spit and shined! I'm sure we're ready!

Drug reps often bring food to the office, as food opens the doors and then they can tell us about their latest pharmaceuticals. :D Today they brought in these AMAZING cheeseburgers and chips and gourmet cookies and brownies. They smelled so good! They also brought field green salads with baked chicken breast. I have to admit, I was rationalizing to the heavens! There just had to be SOME way cheeseburgers and brownies were on the MF plan for the day! :hmmm: Somehow I made it out of the breakroom with a salad. Thank God for His strength 'cause it sure wasn't my willpower! :angel:

Ok, gotta hit the sack so I'll be bright and chipper on inspection day tomorrow! Have a great night, ya'll!
BiggerInTexas

Postby BiggerInTexas » April 11th, 2007, 7:07 pm

218. 1 pound in four days. Things seem to be S-L-O-W-I-N-G D-O-W-N. Bummer.

The inspection went great! Passed at 100%, and received the Laboratory Excellence Award! WooHoo! I'm so relieved. Got that out of the way for another two years! :mrgreen:

So, my girlfriend Judy is always trying to lose weight too, and a while back we joined a gym together. She called yesterday and said that the gym was starting a new sexy salsa exercise class, and what the hey, it sounded fun, so we went after work today. Judy took to the class like a natural. I, however, seem to be missing the "rhythm" gene. I swear, my hips just do not twist that way! After flailing around helplessly for half the class, I finally just did a side-to-side step while waving my arms around. I noticed there was a rather wide berth around me. I think it was the "Danger: White Woman Trying To Dance" zone. Kind of like the splash zone at Sea World. Enter zone at your own risk - uncontrolled limbs in action!

After Judy finally stopped pretending she didn't know me, we went and sat in the spa for a bit. My favorite part of the gym! The spa and the pool are in the same room, so we watched a water aerobics class while we were chillin'. It looks fun (and a lot less complicated), so I think we'll try that next. Besides, we'll be the youngest ladies in the class! Cool!

Have a great night, ya'll!
BiggerInTexas

Postby JonnaD » April 12th, 2007, 7:38 am

Exercising is so much fun! :lol:
Jonna
Working on learning patience - I want to be thin and I want it NOW!
JonnaD
Preferred Member - #10 Club

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal