MF BAR ADDICTION CONFESSION

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

MF BAR ADDICTION CONFESSION

Postby FitQueen » June 28th, 2005, 1:23 am

Dear Fellow MF'ers:

I went on another bar binge. I cannot order any more bars at this time. I ordered 4 boxes and I only have 2 bars left and I just started MF on last Thurdsday. My bar binge has been a problem since Friday evening (Day 2).

Today, I was so overwhelmed that I have to close over 500 files by Thursday that I did not use any tools. When I got home, I just let it rip. I think I had 5-6 bars within 1 hour. I cannot remember. Now that is bad.

Notice I did not binge on the shakes, chili, celery or soup. I binged on the bars. I do not feel tempted to eat the potato chips, Chip Ahoy cookies, ice cream, or McDonalds. But I binged on the MF bars.

I am so sad and disappointed in myself. Now I keep running to the bathroom.

I have to be very careful of evenings and weekends.

At this point in the process, I am going to have to stay away from the bars. They are too delicious. I guess I refuse to just have one per day.

With sadness and much regret,

FitQueen
Ruth aka FitQueen

"Successful people do daily what unsuccessful people do occasionally. The secret to your success is in your daily routine."

Restart: 04/03/2007
FitQueen
Trusted Member

Postby want2Bthin » June 28th, 2005, 6:56 am

Ruth-

Don't beat yourself up. What's done is done. Today is a new day. You can not redo the past but you can learn from it & move forward.

I had to give up the bars for now. I like them way to much. Maybe you could stay away from them until you know you can have them around. Instead of a bar I eat a extra oatmeal.

You did a good thing by coming here. Keep smiling.
:D
Angelia
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » June 28th, 2005, 8:53 am

Ruth,
What's done is done and that's that. Done...gone...kaput.

Take this as good thing. Now you know. You're one step closer to your goal, as you now know that the bars aren't part of your plan right now. You've accomplished a success by finding that out. Now move ahead to the next step, which includes NO bars at this time.

It's not going to be an easy road, and I can almost guarantee you there will be a couple more bumps along the way, but step by step, you'll get there.

Congrats on your success of figuring out what's NOT in your plan right now.
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby tink » June 28th, 2005, 10:25 am

FitQueen - Ohhh those wicked wicked bars! :x They are so addictive! I had ordered a box when I first started MF and I realized right away they were something I just didn't need to have handy. I am convinced that I would have eaten an entire box in one sitting if I had. :oops: Please don't beat yourself up over your "bar binge" I promise it could have been on something much worse for you that could have triggered an even worse melt down. :deadhorse:

We are in the same boat just say NO to the bars for now and focus on other yummy MF products. My new love is the chili and oatmeal now that I have figured out how to make them taste great! :bounce:
"Just keep shaking shaking shaking"
tink
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby 70 » June 28th, 2005, 1:59 pm

FitQueen
Don't feel bad, You're not the only one. I have the exact same problem with the bars too.

Start 8/22/05
5'8" (medium frame)
1st mini goal- 180
2nd mini goal- 160
Ultimate goal- 140
Trusted Member

Postby Sablebaby » June 28th, 2005, 2:22 pm

:bighug:

Those bars can be dangerous! They taste so dang good. :eat:
Today is another today. Good luck!
Heather
Sablebaby
Trusted Member

Postby FitQueen » June 28th, 2005, 2:29 pm

Thanks for your support and encouragement.

I am doing much better today. I had some "bar" seperation anxiety, but I am ok.

I too love the chili; however, the amount per package is very small. How many packets of the chili can you have per meal? I usually add boneless and skinless chicken.

I had some celery with Mrs. Dash. That was suprisingly filling.

Keep the posts coming. They are very helpful.

Thanks,

FitQueen
Ruth aka FitQueen

"Successful people do daily what unsuccessful people do occasionally. The secret to your success is in your daily routine."

FitQueen
Trusted Member

Postby want2Bthin » June 28th, 2005, 3:26 pm

Ruth-

One packet of chili is all you can have at one time. :D

I add more water then the instructions say to the chili- that way I get more volume & the fullness of the bowl is more appealing to the eye. :shock: I also use my one pack of MF crackers a day in the chili.

Your doing great.

Angelia :mrgreen:
Last edited by want2Bthin on June 28th, 2005, 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » June 28th, 2005, 3:45 pm

Hi Ruth,
You cannot add meat (protein/lean) to your chili. This throws the balance of the meal replacement out of whack. Each meal replacement is clinically designed with the proper balance of protein/fat/carbs.

You can add small amounts of seasonings such as salsa or herbs just to spice up the flavor.

What day are you on of your plan? You should begin experiencing less hunger if you're several days into your plan. If you continue to add calories to your plan, you'll never get into the fat burning stage and over the hunger sensations. This is a recipe for disaster. Try to follow the plan closely, especially in the beginning to guarantee success.

If you need something to help with the hunger, have another shake or meal replacement, or one of the free foods. Check out the FAQ section here on the forum for a list of the free foods.

Hang in there and follow the plan, and it will get MUCH easier.
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby FitQueen » June 28th, 2005, 6:20 pm

I just completed day 6. I am not as hungry as I was on Day 2 and 3.

I do feel 10x better than I have in a long time.
Ruth aka FitQueen

FitQueen
Trusted Member

Postby TEEZS2K » June 29th, 2005, 6:47 am

I cook the chili the night before in a pan on the stove. I add salsa and maybe 1/4 cup of zuchini to make more. I find that cooking it on the stove, and watching it carefully, I add a ton of extra water since it soaks it up. I think I get more that way because it has the time to soften the beans too.

Now I have to ask what darn flavor of bar are you so addicted to?? I am thinking peanut butter & chocolate??? that is my all time favorite :mrgreen:
On my way to Self Confidence!
Started MF 6/5/05
week 1 - 8#loss
week 2 - 4#loss

TEEZS2K
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby FitQueen » June 29th, 2005, 7:01 am

I have a problem with chocolate divine and peanut butter bars.

I am placing another order tomorrow. Of course, I will not be ordering any bars at this time.

I guess I expected my chili to look like it does on the box. I should understand marketing better at this point in my life. LOL
Ruth aka FitQueen

FitQueen
Trusted Member

Postby tink » June 29th, 2005, 7:33 am

My favorite bar is the oatmeal raisin I just love them which is why I never order them! :x

I have got the chili down to a perfect science and LOVE it so much now!
"Just keep shaking shaking shaking"
tink
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby Mommy2girls » July 1st, 2005, 7:21 am

Have you tried the legal Oatmeal cookie recipe? It's over in the forum called Lean Cuisine, it makes your oatmeal portable and feels like you are cheating! It can definitely get you through those tough really-want-to-cheat and-have-an-extra-bar times!

I have had a couple of "no bar" days just to see if it would work on the scale and it always does. Remember that YOU have the control over food, (including MF food) and when you lose control, use it as a lesson (like you did!)

Sheila

<edit>Fixed Ticker - UT</edit>
Sheila

Maintaining a –45lb loss....

Mommy2girls
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby FitQueen » July 2nd, 2005, 1:33 am

Thanks, Shelia.

I don't like oatmeal for breakfast. However, I do like oatmeal cookies and bars.

Advisor Jan had suggested that I make oatmeal cookies with MF oatmeal.

I will order oatmeal with my next order and try making the cookies.

I decided to order 1 box of bars because I am going on vacation this week. We are having our family reunion this week. You know food is a major part of reunion activities. I am bringing the bars so I will not feel totally deprived. I will be able to eat something I like without going off the plan.

I know. I know. 1 bar per day.
Ruth aka FitQueen

FitQueen
Trusted Member

Return to Come on in.