I,m Back

Give us the skinny in the losers lounge.
(Anything off topic)

I,m Back

Postby lauradr » July 12th, 2006, 5:28 am

I just wanted to let everyone know I am back among the living---most of you know I had a accident back in may and went back to work in June only to return to the Hospital 2days later with Pancreattitis and liver problems I was I ICU for a week with massive fluids running threw my body and then spent another week in the hospital, I want to warn everyone about what the DR said caused mine first he asked how much I was drinking I said I don’t drink so we went on come to find out When got out of the Hospital he put me on Pain MEDs and I also was on cortisone drugs I chose not to take the pain meds because it was hard to work when on them so I took A lot of Tylenol and Tylenol pm at night he that is the worst thing I could have taken—with the Tylenol cortisone drugs caused the problem – I was at the point I thought I was going to dye it was bad so everyone be careful with Tylenol its not as safe as you thank it is the Dr also said the heath from weight I lost helped a lot in the recovery –some of my Family was so ready to blame MF but the Dr said Mf and me be in better shape helped save my life sorry this was so long
I'm not where I wanna be but, thank God I'm not where I use to be!

248/174/150

t: 5'11
lauradr
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby LiLYipper » July 12th, 2006, 7:05 am

I'm so sorry you had such a terrible time Laura. I hope you're feeling better now.
LiLYipper
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby FORMOMMY » July 12th, 2006, 7:22 am

LAURA!!! It is good to hear from you. I am so glad you are doing better. I'm sorry you've had such a rough time of it....thanks for the insight on the Tylenol. We do tend to think it is "safe" and don't watch how much we take because it is so "safe". Gotta watch everything we put in our bodies - even vitamins and herbal remedies. THanks again for the warning and once again....

WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!
Michelle
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Phil 4:13

Started 1/23/06
Recommitted 1/02/07
FORMOMMY
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Arklahoma » July 12th, 2006, 7:42 am

Laura ~

I hope you're okay now. Need anything???

You are correct about Tylenol. It is a REAL drug with REAL side effects. Liver toxicity can be a true complication if taking too much. In fact, I just cared for a patient for this exact problem. He had a headache and just kept taking it over and over again. He did go into temporary liver failure but it did resolve. He was lucky. Permanent liver failure is not fun or pretty.
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Aerie » July 12th, 2006, 8:15 am

A couple of other Tylenol points.

Tylenol should not be taken for a hangover. It's metabolized by the same enzyme pathway as alcohol and can cause Tylenol toxicity.

A single Tylenol tablet will KILL your cat. Don't even think about it.
Aerie
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Denise » July 12th, 2006, 8:46 am

OHHH...I take tylenol pm ALL the time :shock: !
I will stop it!

Glad you are feeling better!
Denise
Denise
Preferred member

Postby JKSRN » July 12th, 2006, 12:03 pm

Hi Laura, so very sorry to hear of your illness, but so, so happy that you are feeling better! Stay well! :D
Joan
JKSRN
Preferred member

Postby jump4joy » July 12th, 2006, 1:06 pm

I remember reading about the high potential of liver damage Tylenol could cause years ago. There were some heartbreaking reports of children being accidently given overdoses of the infant drops to toddlers that I saw on television about ten years ago. I stopped buying acetaminophen then and there. We only use Advil at my house, and VERY judiciously. I noticed several articles in the paper last week again warning of the liver damage that the overuse of Tylenol can cause. I've always been very careful about the dosage I give to my children or myself. This thread has been a good reminder to all of us.

Joy
Motto: The time will pass whether I diet or not.
jump4joy
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Arklahoma » July 12th, 2006, 1:27 pm

FYI ~ Advil (Ibuprofen) can cause just as many nasty side effects, but both drugs have their necessary uses. Just like with food, the key is moderation. If the recommended dosage is not cutting the mustard then you need to call your doc and probably go with something else.
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » July 12th, 2006, 4:18 pm

Hi Laura,
I'm so GLAD you're doing better and I'm so sorry that you had to go through this! It's so neat that your doc said being thinner and healthier helped with the recovery!

Let us know if you need ANYTHING!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Elke » July 12th, 2006, 4:52 pm

Nice to know that you are gettin gbetter...thanks for the info also.
Elke
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Diana » July 13th, 2006, 2:08 am

Long?!? have you READ some of my posts??? lol

So glad you're back, Laura!!
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby lauradr » July 13th, 2006, 4:20 am

Thanks everyone it feels so good to be back and I feel so lucky to be getting my heath back and my first day back on MF was good look forward reaching my goal--- thanks all my great MF friends :hug: to all
I'm not where I wanna be but, thank God I'm not where I use to be!

248/174/150

t: 5'11
lauradr
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Return to What's Shakin'