I'm back

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

I'm back

Postby Kimbob » January 16th, 2004, 3:39 pm

I've been gone from the boards since before Christmas, due to the holidays and family in town and my daughter's school, etc.

But, I'm glad to stay that I've been sticking with it. I had a few bad days (Christmas Eve, for one) and one REALLY bad day (my birthday), but I still lost 24 pounds in my first five weeks, so I guess I'm not doing so badly after all!

Today is my sixth week on the program and I joined Curves gym. I'm really loving it! Is anyone else out there going to Curves? It's the most down-to-earth gym I've ever been to, and everyone is so supportive and so REAL.

Anyway, I hope everyone had a great holiday season and everyone is healthy and happy and slowly melting!

Kimbob the Engergized
----------------------------------
Start Date: 12/09/03
243/210/170 (adjusted and guesstimated for new scale)
Kimbob
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby Maggie » January 16th, 2004, 8:16 pm

It's good to have you back Kimbob the Missing. Our family has grown since you were here. That's a great weight loss. Keep it up. Maggie
Maggie
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Jeanette » January 16th, 2004, 8:47 pm

Kimbob!!

I am a Curves girl! I go to Curves 4-5 days a week. It has improved my energy level like you wouldn't believe! And it is a place that I feel very comfortable in.
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby SneezyKitten » January 17th, 2004, 9:41 am

I am with ya on curves too! Not going these first few days, just maintaining a 1.7 mile walk 3 times per week with my pooch. I have to keep walking to exercise a lower back injury. I LOVE CURVES! The only thing I miss about a regular health club is the pool.
SneezyKitten
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby finalstraw » January 17th, 2004, 2:13 pm

WOW 24 lbs. -- Do feel the 24 lbs.? I can't wait until I can say the same. Congrats!!!!
Stephanie

Rom 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes:

1st goal - 199 (I will change when I have met it)
Started 1/18/04 at 284
Currently 251.9
finalstraw
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Kimbob » January 17th, 2004, 6:24 pm

Thanks for all the welcomes back!

Yes, I can feel the difference now. People started commenting around 15 pounds, but I didn't see or feel much until after 20. Remember, I'm 5'10", so 15 pounds doesn't make as much difference on my tall frame as it would on a person who is 5'5". What a shame, though, because those pounds are just as hard for me to lose as for a shorter woman! However, the flip side is that a five pound gain doesn't really show on me, either. I guess that's a double-edged sword, isn't it!

Anyway, I'm still doing my best to stick with it, and having more good days than bad, and now that the results are showing I'm feeling even more motivated to continue.

The worst part for me is that I'm just about out of work clothes that fit, and I really don't want to waste the money on a size I don't intend to stay at for long.

Now I'm making myself smile, because it's so darned good to be too small for my clothes! There are hidden blessings everywhere.

Kimbob the Pleased
Kimbob

Postby Indigo » January 17th, 2004, 7:40 pm

It's nice to think about new clothes :D I have boxes of size 14 I was able to wear @ 1 month (4 years ago) before I put all the weight back on . . . I ALMOST gave them away out of sheer sadness, but now I'm SO glad I kept them!! There's HOPE!!

:exercise: (that's me dancing in anticipation!)

Laurie
Laurie
2/14/04~ :heart:
247/222.4/150, ~modifasting~
Indigo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby finalstraw » January 18th, 2004, 8:24 am

Are you work clothes 'uniforms' or regular clothes. If they are regular clothes you can find a second hand or thrift store to get you through the quickie sizes you will just past through.
Stephanie

Rom 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes:

1st goal - 199 (I will change when I have met it)
Started 1/18/04 at 284
Currently 251.9
finalstraw
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby SneezyKitten » January 18th, 2004, 9:13 am

Or...if you have to wear suits or business attire, try a consignment store. They usually run more than a thrift store, but the clothes are gently worn and usually of a quality that the original owner was not willing to part with them to charity. I have found a couple of Kasper suits and have paid under 60 bucks for each of them. Wear them for the couple of weeks you are in that size then turn around and re-consign them!
Last edited by SneezyKitten on January 18th, 2004, 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SneezyKitten
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Kimbob » January 18th, 2004, 11:41 am

Great suggestions! There are some good consignment stores in my area. I have to wear fairly formal business attire at work, so the expense of buying temporary clothes was worrying me. Off to the stores!

Kimbob the Shopper
Kimbob

Return to The Weight Room