I'm Back!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

I'm Back!

Postby Ellen » January 26th, 2004, 6:08 pm

Hello to old friends and new faces. I am finally back on track and starting up again.

I ended up transitioning for Thanksgiving and attempted modified for a few days, then basically just went off. I had planned on going off the plan for our 3 week Christmas vacation to Europe and found that transition was a bit too much to just go back and forth. So, I stayed off the plan from just before Thanksgiving until today.

I really really enjoyed our trip. We visited Germany, Austria and Venice. I really loooved Venice!! I threw caution to the wind and ate any thing my heart desired on this trip of a lifetime and didn't feel an ounce of guilt. And no gastic problems either since I had transitioned to regular food about a month before.

I was a little nervous when we got back about stepping on the scale. But... I had gained one pound, which appeared to be water weight as it came off on its own in a couple of days. This gives me great confidence that weight lost with Medifast is really truely gone forever. We did tons and tons of walking while on vacation and I attibute this to my "no gain" success.

I have had a little trouble with getting myself mentally prepared to dive into this full force again. I really believe that the key to success is mental preparation. Now, I finally seem to be where I need to be, so here I am (few weeks late but what the heck!)

I have lots of reading to do to catch up on everyone and get to know all the new faces. I'll probably be on quite a bit in the next few days getting through those "first three days" again.

Happy New Year to all,
Ellen
248/216/125
Ellen
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby finalstraw » January 26th, 2004, 6:13 pm

Hi Ellen,

I am new here, so welcome back.

I am so motivated to hear that you went off the program and did not gain everything back. I needed to hear that, you came back at a good time for me.

Steph
Stephanie

Rom 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes:

1st goal - 199 (I will change when I have met it)
Started 1/18/04 at 284
Currently 251.9
finalstraw
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » January 27th, 2004, 12:31 am

Hi Ellen,
Good to see you back safe and sound. Sounds like your trip was fantastic. I'm jealous.

Give us a holler any time.
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

HI ELLEN,

Postby susan » January 27th, 2004, 8:24 am

Hi Ellen,
I have really missed you but so glad you had a wonderful trip .I am still hanging in there I have lost 42# so far and really :D about that.
231/189/125 .there are so many newbies and I wish them all the best this does work and the forum iis really busy now days it is really interesting sometimes I just read and sometimes I put my 2 cents in. sure glad you are back put your picture on so I can see who I am talking to there is one of me and hubby on here and one of me by myself can;t wait till I can post a skinny pic. I had this beautiful dress I wore when I was skinny I had saved. It was the only thing I kept when I ganed my wt. I took it to the cleaners this week and I am hanging it where I can see it my goal is to get back in it . its SIZE 7 AND I HAVE BEEN IN A SIZE 20 BUT NOW IN SIZE 16 SO i AM SLOWING GETTING THERE.
SUSAN
susan
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Kimbob » January 27th, 2004, 8:33 am

Ellen,

Congratulations on your trip and your great success hanging on to your weight loss!

I was a lurker here before your thanksgiving hiaitus, and I'm very excited to see you back.

Kimbob the Happy-for-you
----------------------------------
Start Date: 12/09/03
243/210/170 (adjusted and guesstimated for new scale)
Kimbob
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby Jeanette » January 27th, 2004, 10:05 am

ELLEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So glad to see you! I was wondering what happened to you!

There's a little bit less of me than when you left!!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Ellen » January 27th, 2004, 3:18 pm

WOW Susan and Jeanette you guys are doing so well!!! I can't wait to see pictures of you in that skinny dress Susan! I'm sure you'll be posting them by this summer although with the big giant smile of success on your face no one will even see the dress!

Jeanette you are kicking butt!! What a terrific loss. You are going the distance that's for sure! I checked out your pictures yesterday and I can see a remarkable difference already! I'm still weeding my way through all the posts on the forum since I've been gone, trying to catch up on everything.

Steph, nice to meet you, I've enjoyed reading some of your posts. I am really so tickled about the weight staying off. We did lots and lots of walking in Germany including up some monster hills to visit some old castles. I'm sure all the walking helped, but I'm also sure that I wouldn't have been as able to do all that walking 30 pounds ago. I look forward to getting to know you better as we all help each other along this journey.

Kimbob, nice to meet you too! You seem to be cruising right along on your weight loss!! I've really been enjoying your posts and love your sense of humor!

Unca, looks like you've been busy since I've been gone. I notice lots of little improvements to the forum in addition to the lots and lots of new people. Keep up the great work! We all appreciate it.

Running to the potty and then I'll be back sipping my bouillon and catching up!

Hugs to all,
Ellen
248/216/125
Ellen
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Return to Come on in.