Back at it

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Back at it

Postby Susiemama » July 15th, 2008, 3:43 pm

Hi all,

Starting about two years ago I lost 120 lbs. easily and happily with Medifast. I was beyond thrilled and felt fabulous. In a fit of arrogance, I gave away all my fat clothes. You can guess what's coming next. I gained most of it back and am very discouraged and disgusted with my weakness. I have nothing to wear and my family, while still supportive, is very disappointed in me, as well. I just begab again today and have decided that I will post here as a tool of encouragement for myself and, perhaps, others. I know I can do it again and hope that next time, I will have the courage to be happy with my body. Thanks for listening.
Susiemama

Postby rodeomom » July 15th, 2008, 5:00 pm

You have made the right decision by posting here to look for encouragement. It wasn't arrogance that caused you to give those clothes away it was basic instinct.

Remember that Medifast/TSFL is a lifestyle not a "diet". Diets don't work because they don't change your habits. While you are losing the weight this time, try to learn the behaviors of the program so that you don't go back to your old habits. Really think about what you are putting into your body. Taste every bite/sip/drink, savor it. You know the drill. Then, when you are back to your skinny self, remember to continue those behaviors so that you keep the weight off this time.

Congratulations on making the first and most difficult step. Welcome to the board. Post here often!!!

Blessings
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Mike » July 15th, 2008, 6:22 pm

Welcome back. This is a great place for support... we are all here for you.

8)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby dede4wd » July 15th, 2008, 8:26 pm

Welcome back! You have plenty of company, there are quite a few of us restarters here who had a setback (I had like a 60lb setback)...I have a BUNCH of size 9 & 10 cute clothes that I'd REALLY like to be back in!

I only bought a few things when I gained the weight back and really understand the "nothing to wear" thing.

Glad you're here!

D
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Thanks for support

Postby Guest » July 16th, 2008, 9:29 am

Dear Friends,

Thanks so much to those who responded to my post. The support of others in this lifelong struggle means so much. Your words mean a lot and will help keep me focused.

Susan

Postby Diana » July 16th, 2008, 10:50 pm

Hiya, Susan!

If you have a Health Advisor/Health Coach, go to their site and check out the resources, too. Medifast, if done strictly as a diet, is only as effective as other diets -- 85% gain back at least part of the weight. The key, as you know, is the whole lifelong aspect of maintaining. Check out Dr. Andersen's BeSlim philosophy. It's applicable not only in the weightloss phase, but also "surviving" maintenance.

I've maintained a 125 lb weight loss for over a year, but now need to push to the end (about 50ish more pounds to go).

My favorite new saying--

"You can't keep blaming yourself. Blame yourself once and move one." --Homer Simpson

To the journey!! :buddies:
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby DogMa » July 17th, 2008, 9:55 am

Also, please stop beating yourself up about this. It's not weakness, and there's nothing to be "disgusted" about. Following a weight-loss program is not punishment - it's about learning to do what's best for your body and treating yourself - and your body - with respect.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

New at medifast

Postby ladyluck » July 17th, 2008, 11:54 am

I am really happy to find all you guys here. My plan is to come down to 120-130 and then join a gym. Its really amazing or may be my scale is acting weird, because I started on medifast like 5-6 days back and when I jumped on the scale today it 1st showed me 6 lbs lighter. This is strange and funny - when I stand on the scale facing down it shows me 6lbs lighter and when I face looking front (as if you are facing some body) and peeping at the scale it shows me 10lbs lighter - ANY SUGGESTIONS GUYS ???????
ladyluck

Return to Come on in.