Back on hold............

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Back on hold............

Postby sudaoning » September 2nd, 2004, 11:58 am

My belly is GROWLING constantly today it seems and the weight has been on hold since last Saturday.

So......I am sitting here patiently (?!) typing to y'all, listening to the growl and waiting............

No fear of quiting, tho......and not gonna cheat, sneak, slurp, taste or sample.

It's nearly 3 here. I have had 2 shakes and a bar thus far today........

Maybe a little fast soup and pickles, eh?

Just do it Donna!
Start; 7/26/04
217/172/140
45 pounds and goin down!
sudaoning
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby SusannaRosannaDanna » September 2nd, 2004, 12:11 pm

I know we all have these times. My most recent booty-kicking was yesterday's Oprah Winfrey show! Did you see it? If not it'd be worth going to the website to check it out!
It seemed to be destiny--LOL--because I don't catch afternoon television very often, but I was nursing some severe adominal pain yesterday (and again today) and was just trying to sit perfectly still for awhile...but anyhow...
Oprah had a surgeon on who was showing of various body parts and the ways in which unhealthy living affects those parts. they showed a brief clip of an autopsy on an obese person. :shock:
The sight of those big blobs of yellow GREASE being peeled back was more than enough for me--it was sickening. :puke:
I'm not scared of looking at body parts, so it didn't bother me--I was very interested and learned a lot. On exhibit was the liver of an alcoholic, the lung of a smoker, the knee joint of a n obese person, and lots of other stuff.
The autopsy footage did it to me though--I don't even want to THINK of that stuff being inside me! Now that I've seen the inside, I don't think the outside look as bad as I thought! LOL

I hope your day improves--I've been wanting to jump ship because my belly hurts (I really think it is a gallbladder issue, it comes and goes very occasionally) and suck on a popscicle, but I've been steadily shaking...sometimes that's all you CAN do. Here's to a better showing on the scale and the banishment of the tummy rumblies! :water:

Susanna
Started 8/2/2004
297/234/140
Next goal: 220!

Wow. That's all I know to say.
SusannaRosannaDanna
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby sudaoning » September 2nd, 2004, 12:31 pm

Thanks Susanna

Let's hold hands and forge through.

Missed Oprah.

I am enjoying the freedom of movement that even this little 20 lb loss brings too much to blow it!!!!

Last nite I was talking with a woman in my tai chi class. She is in her 60's, maybe 10 yrs older than me or more, wanting to lose some weight and was talking a bit about that. ( No one has yet noticed the greasy yellow blobs falling off my body.) When I contributed to the conversation she said that of course I would not want to lose much weight because if I did at this point in my life my face would show the wrinkles so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gimme a break. Even if that WAS true (and I do NOT believe it.......I think my face has dropped a couple of years already, maybe) I would gladly trade a couple of winkles for 80 lbs of jiggley yellow stuff that I have to lug around every waking minute stressing every inch of my body and soul...........

Nope
No cheatin here

Holdin your hand
Donna
Start; 7/26/04
217/172/140
45 pounds and goin down!
sudaoning

Postby DutchChoc » September 2nd, 2004, 4:03 pm

Hey, I'd be hungry too if that's all I'd had until almost 3? I'd probably have had four shakes by then, and I'm not exagerating.

Good for you guys for toughing it out.

I'm in a weird frame of mind - and I hate to mention this because it's going to describe food I'm not/we're not eating - but I made a nice dinner for SO tonight of something I no doubt wish I were going to be eating, too. Ever enjoy food kind of vicariously, like buy things for others that you might like to eat but somehow you enjoy the fact that THEY are going to eat it? Now that sounds weird, I know, but I do it fairly often. I REALLY wanted to cook a pot roast today, thinking how good that would be -- but I settled on a meatloaf and I feel the same about it at this point. However, just drank a shake and that's all I'll be having.

And in the few minutes I've been away from 'puter, SO came home with a carryout meal for himself and now my meal will go uneaten until tomorrow. Wah!! :shock:

Other than that, just chillin', shakin', and glad to be home for the long weeeeeeeeekkkkkennnnnndd

Take care, all. The fat has notice here: Shove off!!
Ending weight MF 10/2004: 126
Starting weight 12/1/08: 168 :-(
Loss December: -7/-0
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » September 2nd, 2004, 4:33 pm

Hiya Dutch,

Yes, I must be weird too because I don't mind others eating my favorite foods in front of me. In fact, it sort of satisfies a craving in that I at least can smell it, and remember what it tastes like. I ask my husband every day, "so what did you eat for lunch?" He goes out of his office each day. That is weird but weird is working for me. I love to cook and don't mind when I'm dieting too but it's really difficult because I want to make sure I have the taste just right and you don't dare put that tasting finger into action!

Glad to hear you're not venturing off to Florida. They're calling the pending weather a hellstorm.

Continued super progress to you! :hi5:
Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby DutchChoc » September 2nd, 2004, 4:51 pm

Yeah, so does that mean I'm not crazy!! Woohoo!! Yes, the smell is like some kind of subtle pleasure than is separate from consumption and it, at least presently and or in the MF past, makes it no more worse not to be having anything than it would to have a foodless environment. I know that all of that would change in an instant if I happened to get a taste, so I don't dare get that close. I had a tiny finger taste of some water that potatoes had been cooked in this evening, really to see if it would be too salty to use, and the saltiness or flavor made me certain that I'd better not do another check after I stirred in the gravy mix.

Yes, I'm not going, and probably not going until Thanksgiving. At least then, I will be able to blend into the woodwork and not draw attention to my diet secrets. Wowing them will never happen. I was already crushed once when I thought I looked great and they still didn't like me much; that was very early on. Somehow I always have the rather dumb idea that people like other people more or more readily if they are this or that, like thin. In this case, nothing. Maybe rich would be better, or famous, or celebrity, or whatever, and all there really is is "little 'ol me" whom they think is a kind of peasant. :x Ah well, c'est la guerre!!

Time to go feed someone, and get some decaf for me. I'm looking forward to your feedback about trying to kick your program up a notch. Just don't push yourself to the breaking point or into some extraordinarily difficult regimen.
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby sudaoning » September 3rd, 2004, 5:00 am

Hmmmmm

Thanks Dutch
Maybe I need to be shakin a little more, huh?

I did not have the first shake until 8 yesterday tho, unusually late for me.

I too have found the aroma of food highly pleasurable without the drive to indulge. Don't think you're wierd.

Or maybe we all are ;)
Start; 7/26/04
217/172/140
45 pounds and goin down!
sudaoning

Postby SusannaRosannaDanna » September 3rd, 2004, 6:05 am

Dutch--if they treat you that way, it reflects on THEM, not YOU. I wanted to die when my baby brother was dating some girl who didn't really fit into our family--LOL--my sister and I would have long phone calls trying to figure out what he saw in her, and pray that they would not marry.
BUT we never treated her badly. She was always welcome and treated like anyone else at family functions, and my qualms were never brought to her or my brother or even my parents--my sister was my sounding board--LOL. In the end, they parted ways, and I was very relieved, and I was reassured in knowing that my brother made that choice without his nosy big sisters bossing him around! LOL
My point is, even if they disapprove of you for whatever reason, it isn't your problem--it is theirs and they need to get some class and show you AND your SO some respect!
OH! And they need to SHUT UP! LOL I had to toss that in for good measure! :lol:
Hang in there!

Susanna
Started 8/2/2004
297/234/140

SusannaRosannaDanna

Postby SusannaRosannaDanna » September 3rd, 2004, 6:13 am

OH! I got distracted sticking up for Dutch on the last post and forgot what I went there to say! LOL
I like to cook too, when I feel like it..LOL...cooking family favorites for the kids, the sitting down while they dig in and I sip on a straw is satisfying to me as well, but I'm not sure that it is because of the smells of the food, etc. For me, I think it is a control thing. I make a homemade pizza, in a pie pan--because that's plenty for three small children and none leftover to sit in the fridge and beckon me. I could likely HAVE a skinny slice, but I like reinforcing the fact that I am in control and something like food isn't going to beat me. it's a satisying feeling, watching the kids eat and staying distanced from the frenzy--LOL.

Susanna
Started 8/2/2004
297/234/140

SusannaRosannaDanna

Postby Nancy » September 3rd, 2004, 10:57 pm

Yep, having a big fat whiff of food is so satisfying - it usually does it for me - just a whiff will take away the desire for many foods.

Medifast is truly a wonderful product, isn't it? Hunger really does go away and once ya get into the groove of the plan, it DOES get easier to just say No.

Dutch ~ I am thankful that you are not on the road to Florida. So often we worry about things that never come to pass!

Just think - the meatloaf will be all ready to pop into the oven for a quick warm up and you will have more time tomorrow to enjoy the day!

Sudaoning ~ When we forget to eat on time or don't eat enough, we can feel sapped the next day. It happened to me today - I have been draggin as I didn't eat enough yesterday and didn't eat on time. Shame on you and me...

Wish I had seen Oprah - sounds like it really affected you positively. Those graphic pictures really tell the truth. I don't want to have yellow blobs of flab surrounding my organs. No more will they choke my heart and no more will the poundage grind away at my bones. I am happy to have a few more wrinkles and a lot less flab!

Keep on keeping on, Folks! It is so worth it - YOU are so worth it! ;)
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby DutchChoc » September 4th, 2004, 7:20 am

Well, good morning! I am back after a nice day outing yesterday at Baltimore's Inner Harbor area. Went to the National Aquarium and to the USS Constellation -- plus tagged along to the big food court (which makes me want to go back when I'm eating!!). Took my MF with me just like going to work, and it was fine. A few self-pitying thoughts crossed my mind, but I'd gotten down to 136 SO nothing was bothering me much, lol!! :lol:

Thanks for the support, Susanna. I guess one of the personality quirks that supports fatness is making other people's problems our problems, and perhaps it even works the same way as obviously other people pay the price for our "problem" too, just watching us be miserable and "bad" to ourselves.

Yes, the meatloaf is still going, Nancy. Little son had some last night when we got home, and I'm going to make yet another introduction of it to one of their meals today. I think it must be a good recipe, though I've never used that recipe before. One of those "restaurant" recipes. Smells like my mom's. After today, might put it in the freezer for useful portions and/or even for me in a while.

Well, let's make it through another day of doing the right things. :D
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby sudaoning » September 4th, 2004, 8:28 am

Nancy
I didn't eat enough?????? I have 5, sometimes 6 MF/ day including 1 bar. Some days I do 5 & 1, but most days just MF. Add some veggies to the soup (celery, bit of onion / pepper / cilantro, whatever). Weight has remained unchanged (again!) since Aug 28. Should I add something? Do 6 everyday? Much of my day is spent sitting at the computer. Days off can be pretty active, but the rest usually are not.

Ducth
You just reminded me of something I do that may be of use to some of you. If we are having something REALLLY yummy.....you know, so's I will feel deprived if I miss out (like my daughter's birthday cake from my mom's recipe that we usally bake only once a year), I will freeze a portion or two for myself to have in the future. Usuallyl once it's safely in the freezer it loses its power.

Donna
:hi5:
Start; 7/26/04
217/172/140
45 pounds and goin down!
sudaoning

Postby DutchChoc » September 4th, 2004, 8:38 am

Thanks for thinking of me with the idea, Sudaoing, but like a foodie, I'm doing the same thing with the freezer!! :-P I even "put away" a special lemon poppyseed muffin I'd purchased special for SO that he didn't seem to care enough about, in my opinion!! On the second day of not eating it, whip out freezer baggie and confiscate said treat. We'll have to be cautious with those hoarded treats later, too. I'm thinking of that recent post Nancy wrote about how quickly we can get back to feeling porkier, fluffier, wacked out, etc. Absolutely nothing I want to feel again, and yet I know that even feeling full after getting back to regular food will probably set off those bad feelings I always get. I can hate myself over feeling too full. I think it's a variety of eating disorder.
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Return to Weight Loss