Back from Colorado!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Back from Colorado!

Postby bk » June 27th, 2005, 12:14 pm

Hi guys, I'm back!!! Was very busy with work right before I left for my whirlwind vacation, so I haven't been posting much at all. But things are great with me. I was on a stall before I left (hadn't lost an ounce in about 12 days before I left for my vacation), and am now up a couple pounds, but I am glad to be back home & back on my medifast. I made pretty good choices, but between 2 long-haul flights in four days and the altitude, my body is revolting! I'm sure I'll be back to normal by the end of the week!

My trip went VERY quickly! I arrived in Denver around midnight Thursday night, spent the night with an aunt, visited with my grandmother on Friday morning, went bowling with my aunt that afternoon. After dinner with my aunt & dad on Friday night, we traveled up up up to the mountains and I spent the night with my dad in his log cabin (yes, seriously, that's where he lives!). I didn't sleep well the whole time I was there because of the altitude, but especially not that night, because we were TWO miles up! But it was absolutely gorgeous and I saw a rabbit and a baby deer and lots and lots of horses.

On Saturday after driving around the mountains some, I visited with a friend who was in Boulder for work - we went to the shopping district (walked about a good half hour to get there, too - I got a sunburn), walked around for a while, walked back, and napped at her hotel. That evening I met up with another aunt (different side of the family, just happened to be in Boulder this weekend) and 3 second cousins. This aunt, who is like a mom to me, almost cried when she saw me. I just loved that reaction!!! She just thought I was soooo cute and I look exactly like my mom :) I swore everyone to secrecy to not tell my grandparents - I'm seeing them in August at their 50th wedding anniversary celebration.

On Sunday, I visited with my dad again and we went to Six Flags in Denver -- the water park!!! I can't remember the last time I wore a bathing suit in public. We had so much fun! They have some really neat water rides. We decided to do the slides, and didn't really look at them before we went up. I went down on one that was completely open, and at the bottom my bottoms were up my bottom and I nearly lost my top! Dad went on one that was closed at the top, and then opened into a free-fall. Glad I didn't pick that one! Gotta say I would have NEVER done anything like that before I started medifast!

I had a red-eye in this morning, slept on the plane, and passed out once I reached the comfort of my own bed at sea level :) It's hot & muggy here, but I just turned on my fan and slept! Had a pudding when I woke up, and am determined to just keep going the rest of the way. I hope I won't have any problems getting back on the wagon. My 18 year old cousin is coming for a visit at the end of the week, so things will be quite busy here and I probably won't be around much. But I will come and peek at the posts to try to keep up with everyone!

bk
bk
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » June 27th, 2005, 1:07 pm

Hi BK,
Wow...nice to see our "veterans" lining up for the bus and getting back on track.

Your vacation sounded perfect. Nothing like the serenity of the mountains to bring a person back to earth. Friends, family and fun. The perfect combination. And the ability to physically do ANYTHING.

Fantastic girl...:)
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Unca_Tim » June 27th, 2005, 2:13 pm

Hi BK,
After reading this post, I realized that I may have implied that by getting back on the bus, that you had somehow failed. You did spectacularly by maintaining your hard work, and I just want to apologize if my reply could have possibly been taken the wrong way.
We're glad to have you back....:)
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby bk » June 27th, 2005, 4:33 pm

Thanks Tim! I appreciate it :)

I realized I forgot 2 important things: I was also busy last week before my trip because my garage CAVED IN on my car - spent an entire day on the phone with my family (wasn't sure what to do), the landlord, and the insurance people. Three huge chunks of concrete bigger than my head flew through my back window. Of course that was gone. Some cosmetic damage to my car, which the landlord will fix. In MA, insurance covers glass, no fault, no raising of premiums, so I got that fixed before I left so it had time to cure. What a nightmare! I cleaned up a big trash barrel of concrete from in & around my car.

And most importantly (and too funny) - the friend I met up with, I had just seen her a week ago (she's my best girlfriend in Boston). I was waiting for her in the lobby, she looked at me, and started walking RIGHT PAST ME! I had to stick out my arm and stop her. She was startled until she realized that it was ME! She didn't even recognize me. How funny is that?!
bk
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby DonicaB » June 28th, 2005, 5:52 am

BK~~Wow, it sounds like you had quite a trip, and a stressful time before the trip. I don't know whether to laugh or cry for you. Glad you're back with us, we'll try not to drop any concrete your way. :huh:

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby Mommy2girls » June 28th, 2005, 6:06 am

Well, welcome back and SHOOT!!! I live in DENVER! Actually, we were out of town when you were here, but funny that you have a Denver connnection. Yes, the altitude here can really mess people up, especially if you went even higher into the moutains like you did. We go visit my parents who live on the Western Slope and their area is around 9,000-11,000 feet in altitude so we always drive really slow coming back down out of Genesse area when you drop several thousand feet in minutes. The speed limit is 55 which sounds impossible to do at a 7% grade, but if we do the speed limit on those last few minutes dropping down into Denver, we are usually okay.

Sounds like you had a great time, and that is a funny story about a friend not even recognizing you. You are going to SHOCK everyone who hasn't seen you at that Wedding Anniversary party, definitely! And GOOD shock!

Next time you are in Denver, look me up!
Sheila
Mommy2girls
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Return to The Weight Room