Back for the 3rd and hopefully final time!!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Back for the 3rd and hopefully final time!!

Postby Grandmom » February 2nd, 2008, 12:16 am

Yes, this is my third time but this time I hope I can do it. I have about 50lbs. to lose and get very encouraged when I read all the amazing weight loss stories on this forum. I keep getting sidetracked with meals out with friends, business lunches, grandkids stuff, etc. etc. but this time I have to find a way to control food instead of food controlling me. For some reason, quitting smoking (although very hard) was easier than quitting the high calorie, carb loaded foods. Also, cocktail hour has to go for a while! This time I'll plan on spending more time on this board getting support and ideas on how to stick with it. Wish me luck!!!
Grandmom
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby dede4wd » February 2nd, 2008, 12:52 am

Welcome back from a fellow re-re-re-restarter!

That's the great thing about MF, it's there when we're ready!

I also recently quit smoking and it did seem easier than changing my mindset about food, but let's do both! TOGETHER!
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » February 2nd, 2008, 9:06 am

Welcome to the forum Grandmom,
Glad you found us....:)
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Tawanda » February 2nd, 2008, 9:12 am

Welcome back!
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Joy » February 2nd, 2008, 10:12 am

Welcome back and sincerest wishes for all your efforts to make your goal!

cheers,
joy
Joy
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Grandmom » February 2nd, 2008, 6:11 pm

Thanks everyone. Hope we can all be slim and trim in time for bathing suit season- YUCK!
Grandmom
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » February 2nd, 2008, 10:17 pm

Welcome, Grandmom!

:lol: No worries about having a do-over....lemme tell ya, until I got serious with my program five and a half years ago, I lived the movie "Groundhog Day": I kept doing the same thing over and over again.

Diet, lose, eat, gain; diet, lose, eat, gain...

:scratch: I realized that if I got my rear in gear and knuckled down, this could be the last time I ever had to go on a weight loss program again.

I am so :angel: thankful that I had a do-over!

I did it this time. :boing: It has been 5.5 years since I started on the weight loss phase and here I am, healthy, happy and becoming more fit.

:secret: I am not perfect, a few too many slices of marionberry pie once in a while and I go back on the plan for a week or two to drop a few pounds but that is nothing compared to the former struggles I had with food.

For true foodies, we are challenged everyday to make the choices that lead to our fundamental best life.

We are glad you are here; we applaud :clapclap: you for choosing to walk this journey :stroll: alongside of us!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

grandmom

Postby Bonnie » February 5th, 2008, 9:54 am

I too am glad for Do Overs!!!

The best thing that I have done for myself is finding the "Medifast products". I lost 50lbs in 3 months. I kept it off for a long time. However, when stress started working its way into my life - I FOUND FOOD AGAIN and the Medifast sat in my pantry gathering dust while I got BIGGER AND BIGGER.

I finally stopped the cycle - I had to figure out when my weakest time of day was. I work the swing shift hours so it was 11:30 - 1:00 AM. Here is what I did to stop the cycle - I bought myself some PLAYDOH, fixed myself a Medifast Shake and while I am unwinding before I go to bed I have my shake and squeeze the playdoh. It worked!!!! I AM FINALLY back on track. My plan is to be thin and healthy this summer.

Hope this helps you like it has helped me.
I lost 50lbs Through Take Shape for Life

Bonnie Wills
Bonnie

Postby Mike » February 5th, 2008, 11:44 am

Good to see you back Bonnie. Keep at it, lean on your HC, and give our best to your DH.

You can do this.

8)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Postby Nancy » February 5th, 2008, 10:49 pm

Welcome back, BonBon ~

That's :woohoo: great news to know you are back on the Meditrain that leads to optimal health.

:secret: Your Health Coach has been most :whattha: concerned about you and is :sheepjump: thrilled to see you :you: making the fundamental changes that lead to a healthy future!

That's cool you found a way to keep your hands occupied and outta the :popcorn: snack cupboard!

To unwind in the late hours, I have a Chai Tea and listen to relaxing music (Terry snoring away :snooze: Zzzzz.....)
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Slimmin' » February 6th, 2008, 8:59 am

Welcome back!!! As a re-re-re-re-starter myself I understand how you feel. Let's talk about Happy Hour....ahhhhh...that favorite time of day for me...a cool martini, laughing with friends, unwinding...shooting myself in the foot.

I also had the struggle with setting aside my happy hour time for the sake of my MF plan. It had become my unwinding hour. What worked for me is that I took a two week break from going and stayed strictly on plan. When my friends begged me to join them I had my favorite bartender mix me up the MF cranberry tea in a martini shaker and pour it (quite ceremonially) in a chilled martini glass! We garnished it with a lime and I toasted right along with my buddies....and stayed on plan! It isn't something that I do habitually now (just too much temptation) but once in a while it is great to see and be seen!

Best of luck. You can do this!!!!! Cheers! :pour:
Slimmin'
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby Nancy » February 6th, 2008, 10:06 am

Slimmin' ~

That's a perfect way to be with your friends and not train-wreck your progress. I do the same thing with those Cranberry Mangos - add some diet 7 Up and it's a winner.

We meet friends at Barnes & Noble for coffee and sit and gab on the comfy couches - no pretzels or chips on the tables to tempt ya.

Keep on keeping on - what you do now will help you to maintain your weight once you reach your goal - the idea is to use the strategies you learn during the weight loss phase for life-long weight control. We live in the real world and it is a foody world...a decision about what we wanna weigh is a decision about how we will live!

Blessings of health and happiness on ya!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to Come on in.