Back Again

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Postby Sojourner » February 15th, 2007, 1:21 pm

Pretty good translation, Mike! Close anyway...this part *Bueno por lo mejor es telepatia* means something more like: Well, perhaps you're telepathic. *Bueno much gusto* means: Well, nice to meet you. And the end word *cuidate* means "take care" in this context.

Okay, I'll translate my response to save you the trouble!

Duuuude. I had no idea that you spoke Spanish, I was simply greeting you with a word that I figured anyone would know - like aloha. But thanks for the response! My Spanish is really quite horrible, as you can see. I understand it completely, and can read it, but I can't speak or write it very well. And please...you've been to these boards before - you know that there is no room for embarrassment here. Not a one of us would be here if that were the case! The good thing is that you caught it before it all came back - some folks have not fared as well. We have also had several people return to the boards recently, so don't feel that you are alone. Very nice to meet you, Eddie, and I wish you a rapid return to the Medi-Zone. (I'll bet that Jo will be here any minute demanding a translation!

¡Hasta!
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby Serendipity » February 15th, 2007, 1:40 pm

Sojourner wrote:
eddieHoustonTX wrote:Hola....¿ como sabias que entiendo español? Bueno por lo mejor es telepatia....bueno mucho gusto y sabes que la verdad es que tengo un monton de verguenza que estoy aqui...es que hace un año me perdi casi 100 lib. y luego despues de comer un monton.....me subi casi 50!!!! caramba eh....ojala seria tan facil perderla cosa de nuevo....cuidate

Duuuude. Yo no supe que usted sabía español, yo sólo le saludaba con una palabra que figuró que todos sabía - como aloha. ¡Pero gracias para la respuesta! ¡Mi español es realmente bastante horrible, como usted puede ver!! Puedo entender todo, y puedo leerlo, pero no puedo hablar ni escribir muy bueno. And please...usted ha estado en estas tablas antes - sabes que no hay causa para el verguenza aquí. ¡Ninguno de nosotros estaría aquí si eso fue el caso! Lo bueno es que usted lo agarró antes que todo regresó...ay algunas personas que no han sido eso. También tenemos varias gente que han vuelto a las tablas recientemente, de modo que no piensa que usted está solo. ¡Very nice to meet you, Eddie - le desea un regreso rápido a la Medi-Zone! (¡Apostaré que[color=red] Jo estará aquí cualquier minuto solicitando una traducción! :mrgreen: ) ¡Hasta![/color]

I don't speak spanish, but I saw that! NO FAIR! Need a translator here!
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby Mike » February 15th, 2007, 1:50 pm

What is so bad is that I used to be able to read spanish like this and understand it. I could never speak it well, but being more of an academic anyway, I could read and write it pretty well.
I actually understood most of what was written, mostly from the context, but thought it might be good to try and translate it for those who don't know any spanish.
Thanks for translating before I made a poor attempt at it.

In the future, folks can also find translators on the web as well. A good one is translation2 DOT paralink DOT com

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » February 15th, 2007, 2:11 pm

Sojourner wrote:
Duuuude. Yo no supe que usted sabía español, yo sólo le saludaba con una palabra que figuró que todos sabía - como aloha. ¡Pero gracias para la respuesta! ¡Mi español es realmente bastante horrible, como usted puede ver!! Puedo entender todo, y puedo leerlo, pero no puedo hablar ni escribir muy bueno. And please...usted ha estado en estas tablas antes - sabes que no hay causa para el verguenza aquí. ¡Ninguno de nosotros estaría aquí si eso fue el caso! Lo bueno es que usted lo agarró antes que todo regresó...ay algunas personas que no han sido eso. También tenemos varias gente que han vuelto a las tablas recientemente, de modo que no piensa que usted está solo. ¡Very nice to meet you, Eddie - le desea un regreso rápido a la Medi-Zone! (¡Apostaré que Jo estará aquí cualquier minuto solicitando una traducción! :mrgreen: )
¡Hasta!

Gotta love these web translators:
Duuuude. I did not know that you knew Spanish, I to only I saluted him with a word that appeared that all knew - like aloha. But thanks for the answer! My Spanish is really quite horrible, as you can see! I can understand everything, and I can read it, but I cannot speak nor write very good. And please... you you have before been in these tables - you know that there is no cause for verguenza here. No of us would be here if that were the case! The good thing is that you took hold it before everything returned... ay some people who have not been that. Also we have several people that has returned to the tables recently, so that it does not think that you are single. Very nice to meet you, Eddie - it wishes a fast return him to the Medi-Zone! (I will bet that Jo will be any minute here soliciing a translation! ) Even!
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

gracias

Postby eddieHoustonTX » February 15th, 2007, 2:34 pm

gracias pa' las palabras de motivacion! pues mis familiares son de una isla en el caribe...ya sabes con el presidente de horror! c u b a!!!!!!!!! creo que el mio se parece mas peor que el tuyo eh.....(en referencia del idioma) pues la verdad es que no quiero que enojan la gente de aca por no ser capaz de entender español. sooooooooo.....hablamos en ingles ya!

okok...ill translate...'

thanks for the words of encouragement. my relatives are from a small island in the carribean with a horrible dictator....cuba!!!!!! I think that your is worse than mine! (in regards to the spanish!) the truth is that I do not want to others in this forum to get offended that we are talking in spanish.....so english now!!!!
Edward Flinn
Houston, Texas USA
[/url]
eddieHoustonTX
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby big ron » February 15th, 2007, 6:46 pm

Eddie welcome back. this forum is filling back up with us repeat offenders
Restart 9-10-2007
big ron
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby bdg » February 15th, 2007, 8:04 pm

Sojourner wrote:My Spanish is really quite horrible, as you can see. I understand it completely, and can read it, but I can't speak or write it very well.
I know the feeling Sojourner. I can read it and I can actually write Spanish well. I can comprehend about 50-60% of what I hear and my Spanish spelling is better than 14 of the 15 other people in my office (1 from Argentina, 14 of Mexican descent). I work in a Spanish language TV station, but the back end operates primarily in English.

By the way Eddie, I am from a neighboring Island (not by birth but my mom was born there). My family is from Puerto Rico. We share some common ethnic foods, that I look forward to having once I finish the weight loss phase.

Good luck to you. You have lots of support here. Just keep coming back even when you finish up. This will keep you maintaining.
Start date: April 8, 2006
bdg
Preferred Member - #190 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » February 15th, 2007, 8:40 pm

Welcome back Eddie!

D
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Sojourner » February 15th, 2007, 8:54 pm

Serendipity wrote:I don't speak spanish, but I saw that! NO FAIR! Need a translator here!

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
JO!! I did translate it!! The funniest thing is that I was proven completely correct!

Mike: did you learn Spanish in school? That's also very different from the colloquially spoken language. I did great in Spanish classes, but I still completely butcher the language! I think in English and try to translate it from there, but it doesn't always work. :?

Unca: that's the thing about those online translation sites...they're pretty good, but not quite accurate. It helps if you know the language somewhat, so that you can tell if something is amiss. That translation was pretty funny - not totally horrible, but not quite there!

Brian: you can understand, read, and write Spanish - do you speak it? My parents both speak Spanish fluently, in fact, Spanish is my dad's first language! Still, they never spoke it at home or taught it to me and my siblings. :x Just one more thing to blame on them, LOL! The church my folks had was Spanish-speaking, so I grew up hearing it all the time but never really having to use it. I know a lot of the standard church hymns in Spanish, though! The most frustrating thing about it for me is that I understand prolly 95% of what is being spoken or what I'm reading, and the rest I get through the context, like Mike said, so.....if I know those words, why can't I then turn around and spit them out?? Aaaargh! Receptive and expressive language skills are completely different. The more I use it, the more easily it flows, but I don't have many opportunities to use it for any length of time.

Anyhoo...Welcome back, Eddie. And, yes, we'll speak in English from now on!! :lol:

Hasta! :twisted:
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby TonyR » February 15th, 2007, 9:14 pm

Welcome back Eddie!
Start 5/1/06
Goal 3/1/07
TonyR
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Serendipity » February 16th, 2007, 4:01 am

Sojourner wrote: I did translate it!! The funniest thing is that I was proven completely correct!

Bueno Vista! Ok, I know that's a hotel in Disney World, but it sounds like Thank you, so there!
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity

Postby Sojourner » February 16th, 2007, 3:02 pm

Serendipity wrote:Bueno Vista!...it sounds like Thank you...
:roflmao:It means "good view," but you're welcome!!
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby bdg » February 16th, 2007, 7:16 pm

Sojourner wrote:The most frustrating thing about it for me is that I understand prolly 95% of what is being spoken or what I'm reading, and the rest I get through the context, like Mike said, so.....if I know those words, why can't I then turn around and spit them out??
I know exactly what you mean. That frustrates me too!

I did have the opportunity to learn from my grandparents (both Spanish primary) but I didn't want to at age 7-10, and it wasn't pushed. After my grandmother died, the opportunity died with her. English was always spoken in our house because my dad is a white boy from Brooklyn, NY.
Start date: April 8, 2006
bdg

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » February 16th, 2007, 9:52 pm

Sojourner wrote:
Duuuude. I had no idea that you spoke Spanish, I was simply greeting you with a word that I figured anyone would know - like aloha.
:ukulele:

Aloha!
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Previous

Return to Come on in.