An "Aunt Flo" question for the ladies...

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

An "Aunt Flo" question for the ladies...

Postby fedup » October 4th, 2004, 11:16 am

I just started MF last week and a few days into the program I got the unexpected visit. "She" wasn't due for weeks yet, but I am also on a birthcontrol pill that only "allows" me to have the visit once every 3 months. Usually I'm very regular on that pill, and right now my visit is very light. My question- did others experience this at the start of MF? I ran across a comment by another new person so I though I'd ask a general question to everyone about it. I read in the info that cycles can be thrown off, I just wondered 'cause it was so early into the MF program for me.

Also, I am very happy with my results for week 1, but I also noticed that I lost my weight prior to the light Flo visit, and since then I've stayed the same during the 2nd half of the week. Is there a chance that this could've stalled by results a little, and I'll continue to see more loss over the next few days as Flo regulates? I know that's the case with regular Aunt Flo visits, so probably the same for the surprise variety huh! :oops:
Christy 5'5" age-34
Fresh start: Sept. 15, 2005 (240/ 240/ 160)
"Time to 'release the butterfly' inside
fedup
Trusted Member

Postby elle4nelly » October 4th, 2004, 11:29 am

Hi Fedup!

Every woman is different!! We notice these things more when we are stalking the scale. I know that during ordinary time when not dieting, I retain a LOT OF WATER!!!!!!!! I have gone up 10 lbs during those visits prior to Medifast!!!! Now I do go up with water but not as much. And usually the very next week I let out all plus more. So I don't bother getting upset anymore. Look at your regular pattern. If you held water before than you will now too. Just keep going with the shakes, lay off sodium and you'll be rewarded with a sudden drop when she leaves.

Nelly
Final Restart on Dec 18th
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Postby fedup » October 5th, 2004, 6:47 am

Thanks for the reply Nelly! I usually do hold about 3 or 4 pounds of water weight during that time so I hope that shows up next week...

How about the first part of my question? The part about having an aunt flo visit at the wrong time, a few days after starting the program? Is that typical? (What a subject, :oops: but not sure where else to ask this question!)
Christy 5'5" age-34
Fresh start: Sept. 15, 2005 (240/ 240/ 160)
"Time to 'release the butterfly' inside
fedup
Trusted Member

Postby smartiegrrl » October 5th, 2004, 8:22 am

Losing weight releases stored estrogen so your visit might go a little whack and get off schedule, until your body adjusts to the higher estrogen level. It may just be spotting. My first visit began with some spotting the week before.

I've now had my second visit while being on MF and I didn't bloat at all and not one cramp. No spotting. My skin didn't even break out. Its been quite plesant as far as visits go.

Hope that helps. :)
~sg

(6/26/06) 230/225/130
smartiegrrl
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby SusannaRosannaDanna » October 5th, 2004, 9:31 am

I'm glad you clarified that weight loss/estrogen thing, Smartie...I remembered some connection but keep forgetting to look it up.
My visitor has been unreliable almost since I began Medifast...late, early, heavy, light...I just never know what surprise she'll bring with her.
On the upside, I am NOT breaking out as much as I used to, my discomfort (cramping) is much less also, but I do still hold water.

Susanna
Started 8/2/2004
297/234/140
Next goal: 220!

Wow. That's all I know to say.
SusannaRosannaDanna
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Return to The Weight Room