anyone have a good sea scallop recipe?

Add your favorite recipes.

anyone have a good sea scallop recipe?

Postby JustLynda » February 24th, 2006, 7:46 am

Hi all,

I've tried and tried, but although I have seen many references to the "great scallop recipe," I can't seem to find it. My bf is getting a bonus from work today and I wanted to cook something special.

HELP!!!
Start Date: February 18, 2006
JustLynda
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby JustLynda » February 25th, 2006, 2:28 pm

Hmmm...guess not. Oh well. :huh:
JustLynda

Postby Serendipity » February 25th, 2006, 3:24 pm

No takers eh Lynda? Sorry :cry:

I don't really have a recipe. All I do is saute them in a little chicken broth. Nuthin' fancy here.....but I love em.

(and this recipe follows the guidelines of my 2 ingredient rule!)
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby Ginabobina » February 25th, 2006, 4:00 pm

I bought the bay scallops the last time I was at the grocery...is there a difference in taste between the bay scallops and the sea scallops??
I saute'd the ones I got with cooking spray and crushed garlic oh and of course pepper. I am a pepper freak these days!

Hugs,
Gina
Ginabobina

Postby JustLynda » February 25th, 2006, 7:15 pm

Hi girls,

Bay scallops are the small ones...Sea scallops are the big ones. Sea scallops are a lot more expensive, especially since I usually by the ones that are "dry"--meaning that they haven't been pumped with chemicals to preserve water weight while cooking. A splurge that's worth it for a special occasion, but maybe not for everyday.

I wound up rubbing them with some Thai red curry paste from our local farmer's market. I sauted with Pam and then drizzled with a smidgen of lime juice and cilantro. I served this over wilted spinach. The boyfriend got a coconut/curry/cilantro sauce with his. I must say, it was YUMMY!

Thanks for the tips--they both sound like something I might try with some bay scallops. Pepper and chicken broth have both been my friends this last week!

-Lynda
JustLynda

Postby Nancy » February 26th, 2006, 1:15 am

Sorry, I missed this, JustLynda ~

Weirdly odd...we had bay scallops and salmon this evening. I had mine with steamed cabbage and zuccini, the husband had spinach salad with tomatoes!

I rinsed 'em, patted 'em dry, sprinkled them with some fresh lime juice, and a heavy shake of McCormick's Garlic Lemon Pepper. I spritzed the grill with Pam Olive Oil Spray and when it was sizzlin' hot, I kerplunked the salmon on the grill and when I turned the salmon, I added the scallops. I seared them and stirred them until they were done.

Last night we had braised vegetables with salmon & shrimp on the grill.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

SCALLOPS WITH HERB SAUCE

Postby QuirkyIQ » July 20th, 2006, 7:04 pm

1/2 cup packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves
3 tablespoons prepared low-sodium chicken bouillon
2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 garlic clove, minced
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
15 ounces sea scallops

In food processor or blender, combine parsley, basil, broth, thyme, lemon juice, oil, garlic, salt and pepper; puree until smooth. Set aside. Spray large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray; place over medium heat. Add scallops; cook, turning once, 2-3 minutes on each side, until golden brown and heated through. Remove from heat; transfer scallops to medium bowl. Let skillet cool slightly. Pour reserved herb mixture into cooled skillet; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 1-2 minutes, until heated. Pour over scallops; toss to combine.
QuirkyIQ

Return to Lean Cuisine