Anyone had their hair colored/foiled since starting MF?

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Postby explorthis » January 26th, 2005, 1:57 pm

I have long, thick, red hair, and I'm very vain about it.

As am I “K” I have a thick curly red mop (well some gray now thanks to the kids or is it the wife?!?!)

Not making light of your hair, or your answer, but I have a question……

I hand you a razor, or shears, or whatever, tell you to shave yourself bald, right this minute, and I will wave the magic wand and make you 165# as your stat says....

Do you do it?

Inquiring minds want to know.

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Guest » January 26th, 2005, 2:45 pm

Mike.....sign me up... Wheres the razor!!!! Wigs look okay! I would definitely shave my head for the great bod right now! Thats a good way to put it in perspective.

Maura

Postby itsgonnaworkthistime » January 26th, 2005, 2:46 pm

oops that was me....I thought I was still logged in....sorry.

Maura
Start Date: 1/2/2007
itsgonnaworkthistime
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby 24KaratGold » January 26th, 2005, 3:02 pm

Y'know, I honestly don't know, Mike. I suppose I'd seriously consider it, because then the 165# thing would be a done deal, without the months of effort and the worries over whether or not it is going to work, and then I'd be assured both of being thin and of being able to grow the hair back. I'd be trading it for a certain, immediate reward. (Except it's taken me years to get it to this length.) At the moment 165# is a long way off, though, and my hair is right here, and one of my "better features," particularly since I'm heavy. And all the men in my life love it; I toyed with the idea of getting it cut about two years ago and one actually went down on his knees and begged that I not do that. So . . . .
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Unca_Tim » January 26th, 2005, 3:10 pm

Hi 24KG,
I totally understand your apprehension and concern.

but.....

without the months of effort and the worries over whether or not it is going to work

There's no need to worry about Medifast working. That part's up to you.

one actually went down on his knees and begged that I not do that.

Before you know it (time passes quickly) they'll be down on their knees with the new you, even if you were bald....:)
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby 24KaratGold » January 26th, 2005, 3:23 pm

Unca_Tim wrote:Hi 24KG,

There's no need to worry about Medifast working. That part's up to you.
I know that. Weight Watchers works for me when I work it properly, too. But I've never been thin, because at some point I stop working it properly, or get to where I just don't care or don't think I can do it. I was a chubby kid that got picked on for it (that and the fact that I was the class "brain"), and on my graduation day from high school I weighed 197. Went over 200 in the summer before college, and have never been less than that since then, which is age 18.

I had to laugh at the section on selecting a goal weight in the "Success In A Shaker Jar" book where the author says that for every five years that it has been since you were at your ideal weight you should add five pounds to that weight to set your goal. I've never been at an "ideal" weight (well, I was a six pound baby). I'm 5'9", and carry my weight well, and dress well -- have learned in fact to do that so well that when I went to my 25th high school reunion everyone gushed about how much weight I had lost since then! Ha! I've just learned how to look as good as I can with what I have, and I have as recently as last month gotten a whistle or two on the street from a stranger. That hair is very important to me because of all that.

This board is very inspiring, and for the first time I really do think that it can happen. But since it's never happened for me, well, I still have doubts. I am 22 pounds in three weeks, and that's awesome, but 22 pounds is in the larger scheme of things nothing; I've lost and gained that before. What will really be something, and will probably totally cement my head positively when it happens, is that magic 199.5 mark.

one actually went down on his knees and begged that I not do that.

Before you know it (time passes quickly) they'll be down on their knees with the new you, even if you were bald....:)
:cough: One hopes . . . :twisted:
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold

Postby Unca_Tim » January 26th, 2005, 3:45 pm

This time you'll get there, or face the wrath of Guido...:)
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby explorthis » January 26th, 2005, 3:55 pm

But since it's never happened for me, well, I still have doubts.

Know what “K”? I think, no, I know you will. I read countless posts on this board. Many are very sincere. Yours IS. I can read it. I know Medifast works, and I know with a little help from your “friends” (and of course yourself) It will work for you!!

-Mike

Tim, no Guido needed on this one, I can feel it.
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis

Postby Sylvia » January 26th, 2005, 4:05 pm

Of course I cant resist chiming in on this one.

If you had asked me back in May whether I would have shaved my head to be at my goal weight with no work, I would have said yes in a heartbeat. Now that I'm here, I would have to say that it wouldn't have been a good idea. I would probably still be waiting for my hair to grow back. More importantly, one of the reasons I am confident that I will never get back to where I was before is because I successfully went through this process.

I feel good about myself because I'm no longer fat but I feel even better about myself because I accomplished this. I quit smoking years ago, conquered an almost debilitating fear of flying and met any number of significant challenges but my weight was something I just couldn't master. Doing something hard for yourself is just so much better than someone else handing it to you.

Don't doubt that you can or will do this - look ahead instead to when you think you might be finished. Realize that it is but a short time from now in the scheme of things. Then never stray from your objective. I was on the plan 6 months. That sounds like a long time but now it seems like it came and went in an instant. You can do this - all of you. I know you can because I did. And trust me, I was as hard a case as any of you.
Sylvia
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nancy » January 26th, 2005, 5:38 pm

Most of the hair loss is associated with people who have been on the program for quite some time (like Camille, cmc, me) , who are on the complete program (Camille, me) and for those who don't take Oil of Evening Primrose or Flaxseed oil. Biotin and Borage are other supplements some folks take.
Last edited by Nancy on January 30th, 2005, 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby 24KaratGold » January 27th, 2005, 11:32 am

Tim and Mike, thanks. Encouragement is just exactly what I need.

Sylvia, you made me reflect on a few things. The last time I tried a serious weight loss attempt was several years ago, with WW. I did lose 50 pounds (over eight months), but got tired of the program and went off it.

There's been a lot of difficulty in my life in the last four and a half years specifically, and I have developed a lot of strength from meeting that difficulty. Thinking about what you said made me realize that, well yes, this is a hard thing to do. But it's not by any means hard in comparison to what the last four and a half years have been like. Maybe that's also part of why I think I can do it this time.

Hey Sylvia, do me a favor and stick around until I make goal, would ya? You're a role model!
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold

Previous

Return to Come on in.