Hair loss anyone?

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Hair loss anyone?

Postby Southern Girl » January 3rd, 2005, 4:48 pm

HI,I am new here,have been on Medifast about 5 weeks.Have lost 15 lbs,have 15 more to go.I am just curious about something.I went to have my "dark roots" bleached today to my usual platinum bloned.This is the first time since starting the diet.My hairdresser is always very careful not to overlap the bleach onto my already bleached hair.Well,on the way home I started running my fingers through my long hair and noticed it was coming out in clumps.I waas hysterical.I got home and looked at it all very closely and it appears to be the "new hair growth" that lookes melted and breaking off from the roots.It was ALOT of hair and still comes out when I run my hair or fingers through it.Could the diet have made my hair "weak" and the bleach just melted it off?I am scared half to death.
Southern Girl

Postby Nancy » January 3rd, 2005, 11:59 pm

Some people do experience hair loss but it is usually those who have been on the complete meal replacement program (with no regular food) for a considerable length of time (several months).

You said you have been on the program for 5 weeks.

I was on the complete meal replacement program for nearly 7 months and while my hair thinned, it did not break off and it did not come out in clumps. I don't bleach or perm my hair so I can't reply to your comments regarding chemical hair treatment. Once I began to transition back to eating regular foods, my hair thickened right up and it actually is a bit wispy and wavy.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Come on in.