Hair loss

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Hair loss

Postby pandasmom » October 2nd, 2006, 12:59 pm

:(
Hello dear friends.. i was wondering any one who has been on this for over a month or more.. Has any one experenced any hiar loss and if so why and what do you do for it?

I am some and i have a friend whos on it she is losing hair a lot..

i have read i think thats its lack of protien.. Is that right?
I also have (well have forgotten the past 2 weeks)
but i was taking some Bioten vitamuns.. I heard that would help..

so if any one can help or fill me in give me any more info what to do that would be great..
Thank you..
Terri
Terri
pandasmom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby alpha femme » October 2nd, 2006, 1:01 pm

i am thinning... badly.
it's probably due more to the low amounts of fat in our diets. i added biotin and flax oil caps, but it hasn't stopped thinning. i think it will grow back after i stop using mf.

not fair, is it? feel better in clothes but now worried about baldness.
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby Nova » October 2nd, 2006, 5:38 pm

I've had some scary moments in the shower washing my hair and coming up with a handful of hair. I think it's the low level of calories and especially fat in our diet. I take biotin and fish oil capsules, but it doesn't seem to help much. I'm pretty sure it'll come back when I transition to a more regular diet, but honestly, I'd rather lose the weight, even if it means losing some hair. YMMV.
244/171

Would you rather eat what you want, or wear what you want?
Nova
Preferred Member - 80# Club

scary?

Postby Katballou » October 2nd, 2006, 5:51 pm

Ladies I certainly do NOT want to imply that you don't know your stuff. :oops: Just wondering if Nancy and any others who may have had this experience could also reply. To be honest it rather scares me to think of losing hair. Thank You all Kat :o
Katballou

Postby alohacate » October 2nd, 2006, 6:00 pm

Gosh - check the other threads, I remeber really good post(s) Nancy & others made regarding this topic. I feel blessed since I have been taking my supplements my nails are growing long/ strong and my hair looks great - probably the most vitamins my body has taken in a long time!!
Height: 5'10 Age: 38 Start Date:6/24/06
51 pounds gone forever -I'm bringing sexy back
alohacate
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » October 2nd, 2006, 6:39 pm

Here's a pretty good thread on hair loss:
http://www.makemethinner.com/forum/diet-3958.html

Do a search on "hair and loss" (without the quotes) and you'll find lots of discussion about it.
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby VictoriousNat » October 2nd, 2006, 7:57 pm

I was already thinning BADDDLYY before MF due to low iron and low protein intake. Since MF it has thinned a bit more. I am taking biotin every day and I take flax oil as well. We'll see. I just pray and hope it stops and actually reverses while on MF.

Oh, before MF I used to put ground flax seed in my oatmeal and that did help. Also a sublingual bvitamin from trivita.
Nat
Start 8/24/06
Lost 34lbs and over 30 Inches. Regained 9lbs. Down 4lbs on vacation in Jamaica - yeehaw!
Waiting for Doctor's clearance to restart MF.
VictoriousNat
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Elke » October 2nd, 2006, 8:44 pm

I have been on mf since May of this year...NOT 100% I will admit but I am having NO hair loss...yet, I hate to even say yet but well its said. I will also say that I take Bioton every day with my oatmeal and I try to remember to eat flaxseed in my oatmeal but I don't always remember that one.
Elke
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby kmr » October 3rd, 2006, 7:01 am

I've only been on M.F. for 3 weeks, but I've always said I'm shocked that I'n not bald because I have always lost alot of hair whenever I wash it in the shower. I'm shocked that I have as much hair as I do. So I don't know if I would even be able to tell if I started losing it because of being on M.F. since I already lose alot all the time anyway. My hair stylist told me it's normal to lose up to 150 hairs a day (not that I bother to count them!), but if you have long hair it will appear as if you're losing more because of the longer hair.
kmr
Preferred member

Postby Serendipity » October 3rd, 2006, 7:16 am

Thanks, Tim for posting that link.

I have lost a good bit of hair, but to me the alternative (remaining huge) was just not an option. I'm with Nancy. I would shave my head if it meant getting thin and staying thin.

And I love another thing she said in her post........It's not exactly healthy to have a full head of hair, tight skin, and weigh 276!
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Return to Come on in.