Any good?

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Any good?

Postby Alison » June 28th, 2004, 10:53 am

Hi everyone,
So far I have tried only the shakes chocolate and vanilla, recently the strawberry (pretty good tastes like strawberry Quick mix) Anyway, I would like some feedback on the other foods.
1) Anyone try the pudding?
2) The granola bar?
3) The chili?
4) The mocha falvored shake or the orange cream?
5) The creamed soup?

Alson the first time I eat a lean and green after being on the full fast for about 14 weeks am I going get sick? Gastro intestinal issues?
Thanks,
Alison
Alison
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby Sylvia » June 28th, 2004, 11:39 am

Hi Alison,

So let's see - I've had the chili. It's OK but very very bland. Needs some chili powder or other spices. I really like the chicken noodle soup - especially with some of the medifast crackers crushed in it! I've also had the creamy chicken soup which I really didn't care for but others seem to like.

I've had the mocha shake and thought it was just awful. My co-worker who is doing the program with me didn't like it either. Luckily, I just bought a sample because there is no way I would have been able to finish an entire box. The orange cream and the orange-pineapple are both good. Taste a little like orange sherbet.

I have been doing mostly the full fast for a couple of months but have actually done the modified plan a few days. I have had no problems doing this but I know others have. My lack of problems might be do to the fact that I have a small lettuce salad every night (OK on the full fast per Nancy). I think keeping a little roughage in your diet helps to prevent some of the readjustment stomach issues.

I'm actually looking forward to trying the new bars and the mf salad dressing when I order next. It's nice that they keep introducing new products so that there's something different available on occasion.

Good Luck!
Sylvia
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Carrie » June 28th, 2004, 12:03 pm

Hi Alison,

I don't know about the shakes, because I use RTD's, chocolate only.

In my opinion, the soups are good, IF you doctor them up. I add chili powder, onions and salsa to my chili.

I usually add some cabbage and onion, and extra chicken boullion to the others - I think there are several recipes in the lean cousine section.

You may want to order samples the first time around. I ordered a whole case of RTD vanilla, and it was awful - and I made myself drink them - $60 worth, you better believe it!
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Alison » June 28th, 2004, 12:55 pm

Thanks ladies.
You can order samples? I didn't know that!
Alison
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby Ria » June 29th, 2004, 8:55 am

Hi Alison,

The chicken noodle soup is very good once you add some salt and cayenne pepper. :-P The granola bars and the pudding are very good!
Ria
Ria
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby Nancy » June 29th, 2004, 10:20 am

Alison,
You'll have to do a search to find out about other people's takes on the other products. Personally, about the only thing I cannot stand is the Swiss Mocha. Blech! If I want a mocha flavor, I simply add a teaspoon of instant coffee to a Dutch Choc shake.

Yes, you could have intestinal issues the first time you have a lean and green. You'll have to read my back issues of the Newsletter! I had a blow out in the sitting room...you want to have lean meat - I would suggest chicken, rather than salmon! or beef. Begin with just a few bites of lean chicken or turkey. Drink a lot of water with your meat, eat it slowly - chew it really well - masticate that food! See how you do for a few days in a row. Some people need to take a Tagamet or a Zantac if they experience any bloating or nausea or general feeling of uncomfy-ness. When you can easily tolerate up 4 ounces of meat for several days then you may add a small green salad (like 1-2 cups of salad) watch the salad dressing! Use no oil or low fat! Of course you will still have five packets of Medifast in addition to your Lean n' Green.

Go slow!

The granola bars are wonderful!

I like the Chicken Noodle and the Creamy Brocc soup the best. I always add Mrs. Dash to them - the Spicy kind!

I adore the oatmeal - have it every day just because I like it often times as a late evening snack. I like the Vanilla Berry and the Maple and Brown Sugar the best.

P.S. The pudding is really good. It is a small serving and one must be careful to not eat two packets! ;)
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby gerimarc » June 29th, 2004, 11:44 am

HI Alison. I basically use the vanilla and chocolate diabetic shakes as they are low in sugar. Having been on low carb for such a long time, I find a lot of the Medifast things to be a little bit tooooo sweet. I did try the Mocha. It wasn't bad. I actually mixed it into a cup of coffee in the morning. I also tried the cappucino...but again too sweet. I just received the strawberry 55 shakes the other day and they are pretty good. I love the chicken noodle soup. Doctor it up with chicken bouillion and salsa and sometimes some diced celery. The minestrone is pretty good too. I use the diabetic peanut butter bars when I'm traveling and have no access to water to make a shake.
I think Medifast is a great program. I have lost 20 pounds (slowly). I feel great and my cholesterol numbers which have been high for quite some time are now normal. I always say....Thank you Medifast!

Good luck with the program.

Gerimarc
214/194/160
gerimarc

likes and dislikes

Postby darmac44 » July 1st, 2004, 12:43 am

Hi, Alison! I think everyone's tastes are different. i wouldn't drink anything fruity ever! So I don't like the strawberry's or oranges, but my sis loves them! I LOVE the dutch chocolate rtd's, and the soups are my favorite! Especially the minestrone! My mom craves the oatmeals, and one of my favorite things is the savory beef fast soup. I drink it like a cup of coffee in the morning and then have a choc. shake mixed in my coffee. The choc. divine bars are awesome, and I cook the chili with a little onion, some diced jalapenos, and put it all on a little lettuce and have even crumbled my crackers over it and some 0 cal/carb hot sauce like Pico Pica, and I have a taco salad! I feel like I'm cheating, but not! Sure is great, for being on a fast! Darci
darmac44

Postby Nancy » July 1st, 2004, 6:57 am

Yum! Your Taco Salad sounds awesome - this is the mindset for maintenanace, too - look for ways to get rid of excess fat and carbs. Now that I am on maintenance, IF I have a hunger for a burger, I have it on lettuce and omit the bun - I'd much rather save the carbs and calories for something that I like better, like a piece of pie or bakery baked whole grain bread. I often have a garden burger or a grilled chicken breast - without the crusty coating - no deep fried chicken or fish patties for me.

Always evaluate ways to cut down on excess calories once ya do reach maintenance.

I have an internal balance - I ask myself, what do I want more? an oily fat encrusted fried corn or white flour tortilla and fatty cholesterolly cheese that will add skanky stuff to my arteries and possibly block my heart arteries or a huge nest of good-for-me lettuce and some of that awesome soy cheese and then a scoop of sorbet or really good ice cream later in the day or week? It's always a trade-off.

Now remember, these items I just mentioned - pie, bread, sorbet, ice cream, soy cheese, etc. are for maintenance, not for the weight loss phase!

It is not too soon to begin planning for how you will live once you reach your weight goal. Think about what ya want more, it will help you to decide what to eat.

Plan ahead and you can avoid a lot of those last-minute mindless mouth stuffing morsels that add poundage and inches.

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels.

You're doing this for Life, Friends - for YOUR life and for those whom you love and care about.

You are not deprived.

You know how a hamburger bun tastes. You've had hundreds of them. You know how a deep fried tater chip tastes, you've had bags and cans of them over your life time. Have a raw turnip or a handful of fresh broccoli instead and improve your gums and arterial system!

You are blessed to have more days on the planet when ya plan it ahead!

Blessings!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to Weight Loss