So Far So Good

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

So Far So Good

Postby vegas star » August 26th, 2004, 10:31 am

Hi my name is Judy and I am new to the program. My start weight 3 wks ago was 244 lbs. First week I lost 9 lbs, second 5 lbs and 4 lbs this week. I am using the modified plan and so far so good. I know the program works because a friend of mine lost 105 lbs. When I started the program they talked about the support you get but I haven't had that experience. My friend even got phone calls from someone asking how he was doing on the program. I knew this would not be easy, but it would be a lot easier with a little support.
Judy :(
vegas star
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby RavenKat » August 26th, 2004, 11:18 am

Well, Judy, you came to the right place!!!!! I can't guarantee a phone call but we're here for hugs and butt-kicking if you are interested. :hug:

You are rockin' on the weight loss! Good for you! (enough exclamation points yet?) ;)

and Welcome!

Kat
259/180/165
RavenKat
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Lois » August 26th, 2004, 12:30 pm

Hi Judy....WELCOME 8)

Yes, you have come to the right place foor support!

CONGRATS on your fabulous start....and it is so WONDERFUL that you have a friend who lost so much weight on MF. What an encouragement and inspiration that must be.

Come here often...we're here for you.

hugs,

Lois
Lois
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » August 26th, 2004, 12:59 pm

Welcome Judy! :wave:

Happy to meet you and hear your experiences. We LOVE success stories like yours and your friend's. The support from this forum may not be as immediate as a phone call, but it's certainly geniune and heart felt from people who are all in the same boat - working to lose. :weightlift:

I used to have a health adviser I was assigned to when I first purchased my MF products whom I had to contact to ask questions. I switched to Nancy Pettit as a health adviser because she started this forum that has allowed me easy access to information from her team as well as any other dieters who find it and participate. It's fun, and the folks here are SOOOO nice. :thumbup:

I'm curious as to how your friend is doing on maintenance. That's really lurking in my mind since that will be the key to the overall success of this program when I reach my goal. Appreciate your insights, and again welcome! :wave:

Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

So Far So Good

Postby vegas star » August 27th, 2004, 10:13 am

Thanks so much for all the words of encouragement, it really means a lot.To Camille, my friend has kept the weight off, but he is going back on program next week to lose an additional 40 lbs. He went from 320 lbs to 240 lbs in about a year thanks to MF. He also goes to the gym 5 days a week. He's a real inspiration. Thanks again to everyone for the support. I have one question, I am doing the 5-1, and I have my one meal as dinner, how do you keep rom getting bored, as I am right now.
Thanks
Judy
vegas star

Postby Nancy » August 27th, 2004, 10:47 am

Hello there, Judy and welcome to The Forum!

Your friend has done an outstanding job and it is really neat that you have someone so close that is experienced what you will be experiencing on your weight loss journey.

You have gotten off to a great start. Imagine! You are already down 18 pounds! Super!

You asked about flavor or food boredom. I am surprised that you are feeling that already. I really only had moments in time when I wanted to have other things. I enjoy spicy foods and many of the Medifast foods are rather bland - but it is planned that way purposely so that you may use your own spices to enhance the flavors to suit your own personal tastebuds. I use Frank's Hot Sauce in my Chili and other soups and on my grilled meat.

I guess that I just was so thrilled about how my body was responding to Medifast, so grateful that I was losing weight and I continue to be thankful for the way that I am able to maintain my weight, that if I had to eat the same thing every single day for the rest of my life (even if it tasted like cat doo), I would do it because NOTHING tastes as good as thin feels!

We have over 80 products now from which to choose and the company is constantly coming out with new things. Most weight loss products that I used in the past were REALLY skanky tasting! I got so sick and tired of eating baby cocktail shrimp twice a day when I was on another national weight loss plan that this is a piece of cake for me.

Judy we expect your family and friends will be seeing a LOT LESS of you from now on!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby vegas star » August 27th, 2004, 11:05 am

Thanks for the suggestions, I think that may be part of the problem. I LOVE!!!!!!!!!!! mexican foods but especially salsa (I make my own) but I haven't done that because I can't have the chips, maybe I'll make some and put in on my chicken & turkey instead of the extras on my salads. I also read yesterday that I can have 2 pickles a day, and celery( hate celery)I won't do it everyday, but sometimes I have the urge to chew during the day and that did the trick.
Judy[/b]
vegas star

Postby Nancy » August 27th, 2004, 11:22 am

Judy,

Salsa is good for enhancing the flavors of many foods and good news! it does make even celery taste great!

Salsa is fine on your meat, in the Homestyle Chili, on salad, etc.

Just watch it that you don't end up eating too much salsa.

I like the Medifast Multi-grain crackers with a tad bit of salsa for a nice afternoon snack! Not quite the same as fresh-fried corn tortilla chips but the Multi-grain crackers in the teensy tinsy baglet do not immediately go for your hips and live there forever like tortilla chips do!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby sudaoning » August 27th, 2004, 12:38 pm

Hi Judy!
Welcome!
My first week or two on the program I described the food as utilitarian.
Now I actually enjoy many of the choices.
I too am a home made salsa addict, LOVE Mexican, and was soooooo pleased to find out that I can use salsa with the MF products. I regularly add salsa to the chili and sometimes other soups as well as to on my lean and green when I do 5 - 1. I also add chopped cilantro and various spices including garlic powder, chili powder, ground cumin, fresh bay leaves from the garden. I often chop celery and a bit of onion and pepper in the chili or soups. The crackers are a pretty good substitute enjoy my own salsa for a little treat.

Hang in there and experiment! You are sure to find combinations you enjoy.

Donnna
Start; 7/26/04
217/172/140
45 pounds and goin down!
sudaoning
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby SusannaRosannaDanna » August 28th, 2004, 10:31 am

I'm a Mexican food fan as well! I just get my fix by making the MF chili and pouring it over salad greens...taco salad! LOL

And this IS a great forum--lots of nice people with good things to say!

Susanna
Started 8/2/2004
297/234/140
Next goal: 220!

Wow. That's all I know to say.
SusannaRosannaDanna
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Return to Come on in.