Very Good

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Very Good

Postby ChristinefromWI » April 15th, 2005, 12:44 pm

Well I bought some celery hearts last night and I chewed them to death before swallowing. Right now I am going to try to stick to the full fast. I am going to my Grandpa's 90th birtday in a few weeks. I am a little worried about what people are going to say and all of the FOOD. We are flying to AR and I will be meeting a lot of strangers (this is my hubby's Grandpa)

Any suggestions? :?

Christine
ImageImage
ChristinefromWI
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby DonicaB » April 15th, 2005, 1:04 pm

Christine, how long are you going to be there? Will you be with your family for several meals or just one?

This information might help those on this board who know how to give good advice. I am not one of those people. I am a compulsive-overeating foodaholic. :hammerhead: You don't want advice from me.

All I can tell you is to try to stick with the plan and if it is not possible try to eat only lean meats and green vegetables or foods as close to that as possible. Definitely NO CAKE! :candle:

DonicaB :D
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby doglover » April 15th, 2005, 1:04 pm

I know a lot of people on here have great advise for very similar situations. The only thing I can say is BE PREPARED! Don't go in hungry, have your shakes in hand, stay away from the food tables, and be prepared w/ how you want to answer questions ahead of time. Do you want to share the exciting news of MF and how it is changing your life and health, or do you want to keep it personal? Knowing this and coming up w/ answers ahead of time will help ease the pressure!

I think it was Nancy who said she says several times "Not now, maybe later" to offers of food or questions of why you are not eating certain things.

Good luck, we'll be w/ you in spirit!
D
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby dlr2424 » April 15th, 2005, 1:10 pm

Christine....I feel for you... :heart: ....anxiety plus....the first thing I would do would place it in God's hands...ask him for the needed strength...... :angel: ....Secondly....you may only be imagining what people are thinking.....they may very well be so glad to see you..... :D ...blessed in meeting the baby......happy you are there..... :rose: ....We put so much pressure on ourselves we hardly enjoy the reason we are at the gathering.......and even if people do think something..... :roll: ....just make sure after goal you drop them a picture postcard of the family...hahaha.. :nana: ....that's right ...the skinny little blonde with the beautiful family... :yay: ..... all kidding aside...I would go there ...lift your head high....cause you are in control.....no need to hide anymore because you are a winner..... :yes: ...you are choosing to change your health.....what they may think will only hurt you if YOU allow it to....let them see the Christine we know.... :dance:...(now if I could have only followed that same advice ...lol)....my many mediprayers are with you... :hug:
Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby dlr2424 » April 15th, 2005, 1:21 pm

DonicaB wrote:This information might help those on this board who know how to give good advice. I am not one of those people. I am a compulsive-overeating foodaholic. :hammerhead: You don't want advice from me.

OHHH DonicaB....I SO DISAGREE WITH YOU..... :coach: ....You are an AWESOME member of our team..... :goteam: ...see...... :glasses: ...your that little cute one in the purple.....that's right ...next to karen in the pink... ;) ...you have excellant advice...and I for one enjoy your posts!!!!!!!!.... :yes: ..so please keep on sharing cause I need to keep on growing....(smaller that is)

Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424

Postby dlr2424 » April 15th, 2005, 1:30 pm

DonicaB wrote:This information might help those on this board who know how to give good advice. I am not one of those people. I am a compulsive-overeating foodaholic. :hammerhead: You don't want advice from me.

Oh Donica.....by the way...one more thing.... I find you to be a "compulsive-persevering Medifaster"....
Donna...dlr2424

dlr2424

Postby want2Bthin » April 15th, 2005, 5:52 pm

Oh Donica.....by the way...one more thing.... I find you to be a "compulsive-persevering Medifaster"....
Donna...dlr2424

Donna-
What a great way to put it! I am going to put that in my journal.

Angelia :lol:
want2Bthin

Postby Nancy » April 15th, 2005, 6:47 pm

Christine ~

This can be a really exciting time for you and your family to gather and to celebrate the birthday of an elderly loved one and time to rejoice over the life of your adorable daughter.

Food-oriented celebrations need not be scary events - I always look at them as a challenge and I LOVE challenges!

I agree with Donna the Doglover, it is all about how you view the situation - you can reveal your plans or you can be covert.

It can be a positive event and if you choose to share your plan, there may be others in attendance that needs what you have.

Donna DogLover wrote,
Do you want to share the exciting news of MF and how it is changing your life and health

This IS exciting, you are NOT denying yourself, and you are choosing to change the way you eat and beginning to really live. You are NOT doing without; you are gaining a whole new life, a whole new wardrobe, a whole new outlook and a whole new attitude! This is a time to celebrate your NEW BIRTHday, too -

Should you choose to keep this covert; avoid eye contact with the food table.

Always be a Boy Scout.

Medifasters must always be prepared. All Medifasters in all stages of life need to be prepared: being prepared during weight loss prevents fudging, being prepared during Tranny and maintenance, prevents regaining.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Come on in.