Any Advice about Lean/Green meals?

Add your favorite recipes.

Any Advice about Lean/Green meals?

Postby Pati2400 » July 2nd, 2005, 6:08 am

I've just completed my first day on MF. I was going to full fast for the weekdays and do a 5/1 plan on the weekends. Seems I read that here somewhere..... Anyhow, I'd like to pre-make grocery store L/G's and package them up for the week. What do some of you folks like or do you have any favorites I can try? I'm on my way to Wally World today to pick up pickles, celery and boulion...any other ideas for stocking up on flavorings or legal additives?

Pati

Start Weight-205
Goal Weight- 135
Lost Pounds - 0 (Boo Hoo)
Pounds to loose- 70 (EEEEEK!)
Pati2400

Postby dlr2424 » July 2nd, 2005, 7:20 am

Pati.........there is a list somewhere on here of all the legal extra's you can have..... :mrgreen: .....you prob would have to search...........but for now I could tell you.............2 SF jellos.....2 pickles....3 celery.....2 boullion.....salad.....low fat/cal/carb dressing (walden farms has plenty or just check the labels).....any seasonings you like....and sugar free syrups....to flavor your shakes............i love pumpkin pie spice in the vanilla shake.......... :eat: .....cinnamon in the oatmeal.......and whatever flavorings you like................I 've yet to do lean & green so I'm not to helpful there but I would def do the pre L & G meals for convenience........have fun shopping......... :D .....
Donna....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Pati2400 » July 2nd, 2005, 8:32 am

Thank you Donna-- of course right after I posted my question, I found the Lean Cousine site as well. There is just so much great info burried in these forums. Thank goodness for you all being so patient!

Hey...here's a hoot for you. I have been bugging my husband for us to put in a pool for --- oh- 10 years! We live in Florida and the summer means we all stay huddled under the AC vent.
Well, it was pretty half hearted because naturally I would shoot myself before getting into a bathing suit. UGGG! Today he said if I reach my weight goal (70 lb loss) by Christmas, we can put in the pool! Talk about sneaky motivation! This whole deal is looking like "win win" for me!

When it goes in, everyone come to my place for a Pool Party!
Pati
Pati2400

Postby MomsTherapy » July 2nd, 2005, 9:00 am

Hey! Im in SC - "ROAD TRIP"!!! :lol:

And I just finished my first day yesterday. Today is day #2 also!! We're gonna do this thing... 8)
Leah (Lee-uh):D aka MomsTherapy

MomsTherapy
Trusted Member

Postby Pati2400 » July 2nd, 2005, 9:06 am

Yes Ma'am we can.,,,and Will!
Pati2400

Postby Tk » July 2nd, 2005, 10:29 am

Hey Patti,
Wanna know what my husband said to me? If I lose my 100 lbs, I can have a tummy tuck!! YES!! I know I will need one, after 20 lbs, my stomach already is "loose" if you know what I mean!

I love the pool idea, I wonder if I tell dear honey, can I can a pool and a tummy tuck???? what do you think?
Tk
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby martha » July 4th, 2005, 5:58 pm

Hi Pati--

Love the pool thing too... I also love the tummy tuck thing too :mrgreen: I do chicken breast and turnip greens and green beans for green and lean. I also do hamburger steak(few grilled onions) and a small salad.. I love to grill my meats for the week all at one time and then I can freeze some.. while I am grilling I add a yellow squash and a zucchini squash that has been cut in half(long ways) spray it with pam salt and pepper them and then put them on the grill while the meat is cooking. Then I turn them and bring them in and spray a skillet with pam and slice them into slices and put a little onion into it.. and kind of smother them the rest of the way with salt and pepper. They have that great grill taste to them and are sooo good. You can also have grilled fish or broiled fish..Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Pati, I have the same start and goal weight.

Postby LadyBlueSuit » August 5th, 2005, 10:40 am

Pati2400 wrote:Pati

Start Weight-205
Goal Weight- 135
Lost Pounds - 0 (Boo Hoo)
Pounds to loose- 70 (EEEEEK!)

Hi Pati, I have the same amount of weight to lose as you and the same goal weight of 135!!. I started last week and I've lost 8 lbs. Nothing this week so far because of that TOM, but I'm sticking to it.

Anyway, I just thought I would share that with you cause I understand when you say "EEEEEEK!".

Yaj
LadyBlueSuit

Return to Lean Cuisine