ANXIETY...YUCK!!!! NEED ADVICE!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

ANXIETY...YUCK!!!! NEED ADVICE!

Postby THINKTHIN » June 14th, 2005, 9:37 pm

I cannot sleep...i must be to work in six hours.... and i am just anxious for some reason... thought I'd come here to unwind a bit and get rid of my anixety. Maybe by venting I will feel better.

It all started at work. I am in the Navy, as some of you already know. I needed to get down within Navy body fat standards or I would not have been able to reenlist. Well... I made the Navy's standard! Yeah for me! Then our advancement results came out for our promotions. I made it! I got promoted! Another yeah for me! They only advanced (promoted) 34 cooks in my pay grade to the next. That was amazing. I think 1130 people took it. I have been away from the ship for four weeks now attending the Food Service Administration college class. Boy, has it been a nice break away from the ship. Well, I talked with one of my shipmates tonight on the phone and she told me that the majority of my peers, are "hateing" on me right now... I feel aweful. I don't want to be disliked... I am a shipmate who studied my butt off to get promoted. I am dreading going back to the ship. I don't like it when people are nice to my face and then talk mean about me behind my back :( :( :(

I know i should suck it up and be nonshalant (sp) about it...but it hurts... I am also the Training Petty Officer for the cooks... we hold training, and blah blah blah.. I have all of the study material that a cook in the Navy would need to have. Should I care about what people say??? I have not been back to the ship since I got promoted in May. I am not looking forward to it.... My anxiety has sky rocketted tonight after my friend told me that. Ugh.... I dont like feeling like this and I CANNOT show any type of my feelings at work. I have always been proffesional about my work. I will keep my head up high in front of everyone. " I GOT PROMOTED AND YOU DIDN'T!!!!!! " will be in my head as soon as I see some smurking going on... Good things come to those who wait....and I waited!!! Why are people so mean????

On that note... I am going to drink some hot chocolate and TRY to get some sleep... My final exam is Thursday... I cannot be thinking of all of this stuff right now...... Hopefully, someone will tell me the magical way of dealing with this...

~Tiesha
THINKTHIN
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby 24KaratGold » June 14th, 2005, 10:02 pm

There are always small little petty people in the world who are jealous of others' success, and they don't seem to "get" the idea that hard work is just that -- hard, and success isn't dropped into one's lap, it's earned.

I'd say "eff 'em", but Unc-- I mean Mr. Snippy would frown upon that. So hold your head up high, be gracious and courteous, and don't let the b*****ds get ya down.

And congratulations to you. Don't think negative thoughts now; concentrate on your work and your success and how good you are entitled to feel about your promotion AND your weight loss. Good on you, lady!

Hey, what ship are you on? My not-quite-foster-daughter is on the Ike.

Good luck on your test.
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby junglejane » June 14th, 2005, 10:03 pm

Oh, Tiesha, I'm sorry you are in this situation. The best advice I can give is to keep in mind that all of their negativity is driven by jealousy. You deserve to be where you are and tthey cannot take that away from you. I worked for the Navy as a civilian in LaMadalena Italy. My first husband was on the USS ORION. One year in my job every other person in the office got promoted but me. I was so angry with ALL of them. It took a while for me to come to grips with the fact that they deserved their promotions and maybe I didn't perform quite as well as I could have. I bet your shipmates will come to this reality eventually too. It is soooo hard to get promoted in the Navy and you should be so proud of yourself. Just carry your pride without arrogance and I am sure they will come around. They don't really hate you.....they just wish they were you. Good luck on your test! You must be one amazing woman!!!!
We will emerge to show the beauty within...

junglejane
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby DogMa » June 14th, 2005, 10:09 pm

Try not to let it worry you too much. You don't even know if it's really true. This shipmate doesn't sound like much of a friend, to say something like that to you, true or not. I would wonder if maybe SHE is the one who's jealous.

Other than that, enjoy the promotion. Anyone who IS bitter will get over it soon enough.
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby LilMsTexas » June 15th, 2005, 2:52 am

Have you seen the new show "The Closer"? I saw it for the first time the other night.......this woman ROCKS........and every single person hates her.......every person working under her put in their resignation to get her to quit. THEN they saw her in action and you could see the looks on their faces.......and they were really watching her.......and you could see the respect coming around. By the end of the show you could tell they all understood why she was there and in charge!

This is what you have to do........you go to work and do your job in an awesome way and they will SEE FOR THEMSELVES why you got promoted and WHY you are the best person for the job!! Sweetie you have to let this go immediately. It's just like elementary school......they are talking about you because somebody else hasn't done something they want to talk about yet. It usually only takes a day or two and they will be on to talking about someone else. That's what pitiful people with pitiful lives do!!

It's just like our weight loss.......people talk about fat people......you know it happens........but they ALSO talk about thin people and ugly people and poor people and ect ect. You're just the topic of the DAY.......when you are back and life goes back to normal this will pass immediately.

Now you go on and show them your sassy self SSG TIESHA!!! THAT'S AN ORDER!!
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby DonicaB » June 15th, 2005, 5:33 am

Ditto to what Christi just said. You got promoted for a reason so you shouldn't feel bad about it. Be proud of the fact that you are a hard worker. Your work ethic was recognized and you have been rewarded for it. Congratulations, Tiesha, for an obvious job well done.

I also agree with DogMa. It sounds like maybe your friend is the one who is upset about your promotion.

Don't let this get to you. You need to concentrate on what is really important right now. I know your working environment is important and you don't want to work under stressful conditions, as far as your co-workers are concerned, but I truly believe you are a wonderful person and your co-workers will recognize that.

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby fedup » June 15th, 2005, 6:44 am

Ditto to what everyone's saying! I too was wondering why your "friend" was telling you this? Especially at a time like this? you're trying to work on you right now, you're doing you MF and kicking butt at it, you've got a great promotion and should be able to enjoy that, and one thing you do NOT need is stress and a things that bring you down right now! Maybe she is indeed the jealous one, or the one who likes to stir things up? (Maybe she's the one who's talking??) Only you know your friend, so this is just an initial reaction to it on my part....

Also, even if they ARE talking, so what! I know it's easier said than done, but you EARNED it. THey are just jealous if they are talking, and that's normal to some extent, not fair, but normal. It'll pass tough. Just go back there and be your normal professional self at work, friendly but professional. If they were truly your friends or even friendly before, they will be again! ;)

By the way- CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :lol:
Christy 5'5" age-34
Fresh start: Sept. 15, 2005 (240/ 240/ 160)
"Time to 'release the butterfly' inside
fedup
Trusted Member

Postby kassilou » June 15th, 2005, 6:48 am

I'm just going to second everything everyone has already told ya.

People will be jealous because you got the promotion. So what.

People will be jealous because you are losing weight. Big deal.

Just keep doing your job, and keep shakin' yourself thin. Congrats on the promotion!!
To lengthen thy life, lessen thy meals.
~Ben Franklin
kassilou
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Anxiety

Postby Jan » June 15th, 2005, 9:29 am

Hi there,
A promotion -- great!! I assume that means a increase in pay too. I'm going to tell you what I tell my daughter who is a med student. Her "friends" sometimes raz her about all the time she spends studying etc. She was very social in High School. (I think she didn't apply herself -but that's mom speaking) Anyway I tell her just listen to them -- don't study -- don't make it and I'm sure they'll come to your rescue when you need a new car, can't pay your rent etc. You can send them all a letter requesting funds. :lol: :lol: She gets my point and is learning not to listen just do what is best for her. She just got a big research grant!! (mom's brag you know) :lol:
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby martha » June 15th, 2005, 11:45 am

Tiesha-----

Wow you got a promotion and met the navys body fat standards too!!!!!! GREAT!!! thats so awesome I know you must feel great about that.. as for the others being petty just hold your head up and smile cause you did it!!! don't ever feel bad about your accomplishments girl.. SMILE!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: YOU DID IT !!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS and don't let anyone rain on your parade..all of us here are sooo proud of you----Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby czavadil » June 15th, 2005, 3:44 pm

I know I am new here, but I just wanted to say, congratulations. You have achieved great things by working hard and applying yourself. Anyone who would begrudge you that is not a great friend, and they are only jealous that they are not as successful as you.
No one should begrudge you the things you have worked hard for.
Go back and be proud of your accomplishments, and proud of yourself. In time, your true friends will sift from the silt.
Charlotte
June 14, 2005
230/210/150

czavadil
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby dlr2424 » June 15th, 2005, 4:19 pm

Ditto....Ditto...Ditto.......everyone has given such excellent remarks!!!!!!!!!!!
Pray for the petty & pittiful....... :yes: .....they need the prayers........ :hmmm: .....I always ask my children........"what do you learn from this"............and their reply......after they roll their eyes........ :roll: ..."don't fall prey to the petty gossip and believe in yourself"....... :yay: ....You were rewarded for your hard work and effort....BE PROUD...... :thumbup: ......don't let anyone steal your glory....... :hug: ........ life is full of not so nice people............but then again...........life is also full of BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...........keep smiling and keep shakin...........YOUR WORTH IT!!!!!!!!

Donna....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Tk » June 16th, 2005, 8:50 am

THINKTHIN

YOU GO GIRL!!! YOU ROCK!!!
Tk
Trusted Member - #30 Club

THANK YOU!

Postby THINKTHIN » June 25th, 2005, 8:18 pm

Wow, ladies!!! Thank you so much for all the wisdom!!!

Now, let me tell you how things have been!... I passed my final earning all the credits for the class, went back to the ship, and HELD MY HEAD UP HIGH, GIRLIES!!! I got all worked up on nothing. It was actually really nice passing everyone in the passage ways and having them congratulate me, etc... dare I say I felt like a celebrity for a day :mrgreen: ! I am beginning to think it was my friend's jealousy... because I haven't had all the problems she told me to watch out for. Matter-of-fact, the job position that I will be taking over is wonderful, and all of the cooks are waiting impatienly for me to go up there. I will be the supervisor for the wardroom. Which means, I will be running the dining room for all of the officers and their state rooms. I'm tickled pink! All of my blood, sweat and tears have finally paid off!

Finally! My life seems like things are going as expected! I'm down another two pounds for the week, and I have not been 100% compliant. Who would have thought? Have struggled with MF now for about four weeks. (not giving up though)!

In closing... I would really like to thank you guys for comforting me. I wish each and everyone of you the joy and happiness that I am realizing can happen again in life after a bad fall with things. Good luck to all of us, we can do this... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Thanks,

~Tiesha~
THINKTHIN
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Tk » June 25th, 2005, 10:01 pm

Think Thin

YOU ROCK !!!
Tk
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Return to The Weight Room