Another Newbie joins the ranks

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Another Newbie joins the ranks

Postby Sheri » January 12th, 2004, 6:25 pm

Hi All - My name is Sheri and I joined Jan 11th and my products should arrive near the end of this week. I know I should be scared, but I woke up this morning with the most peaceful feeling, such as I have not had in a long time. And as Terry suggested I have already started in on the water consumption. One thing I am being very careful with is the weigh in. I am an accountant by trade and you would be amazed at how the "committee" in my head can have a great time with the numbers.
I have learned from previous attempts that can really hurt my efforts.

Blessings to all who post - just reading them gives me strength.

Sheri
Sheri

Postby Jeanette » January 13th, 2004, 7:33 am

Welcome Sheri! :D

I must admit, the "committee in my head" line made me :lol: LOL!

Honestly, I have trouble with the weighing thing too. I find it way too easy to weigh daily. I know for some it is a good measuring stick and it keeps them in check. For others, all they focus on are the numbers and not "the game." (Ask Mike how to compare Medifast to playing poker--the similarities are scary, but so true!)

I highly recommend reading the book "Success in a Shaker Jar" by Linda Spangle. I am re-reading it now, just as a refresher. It is so helpful to the program. It addresses the scale issue quite well.

Keep posting here too--I know you will find lots of support!!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Re: Another Newbie joins the ranks

Postby explorthis » January 13th, 2004, 8:00 am

Sheri wrote:One thing I am being very careful with is the weigh in. I am an accountant by trade and you would be amazed at how the "committee" in my head can have a great time with the numbers.
Sheri

Sheri, welcome..... I am a buyer for a living, trust me when I know what you mean by the "numbers" game... Be patient, be true, Medifast is the best thing next to sliced bread you will ever expierience...

Oddly regarding the scale, once the weight is missing (100# and almost at my new - me) you actually look forward to seeing the scale... I sometimes find myself stepping on it twice a day now.. That's a scary thought - me on a scale now? Yes, it happened, only took 100 pounds of weight loss!!

Jeanette wrote:Ask Mike how to compare Medifast to playing poker--the similarities are scary, but so true!

Did someone mention POKER?

Kidding...

To all you losers - pound it off!!

-Mike
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

thanks!

Postby Sheri » January 13th, 2004, 8:06 pm

I am on day 2 of getting ready. My first shipment is due here thursday I hope. So in the meantime I had some leftover Atkins stuff and a few healthy choice dinners. So maybe I am getting those first 3 days stuff they talk about out of my system. Actually do not feel that bad. Not hungry and no cravings. Just a headache from getting off the sugar.
Jeanette you have lost 100#!! Wow, how long did it take if I may ask.
My big Five-O birthday is in July and this new way of living is my gift to myself. Would be great is I could knock off a 100 by then!

Thanks for the encouragement!
Sheri
Sheri

Return to Come on in.