Kristy Swanson - the original "Buffy" joins Medifa

Give us the skinny in the losers lounge.
(Anything off topic)

Kristy Swanson - the original "Buffy" joins Medifa

Postby Mike » June 28th, 2007, 9:48 am

Kristy Swanson of Buffy the Vampire Slayer Movie Fame Joins Emmy Award Winner, Genie Francis of General Hospital Fame as latest Medifast Celebrity Spokesperson.
Wednesday June 27, 12:27 pm ET
Swanson, A New Mom and Recent Winner of Skating with Celebrities will become part of new marketing campaign

OWINGS MILLS, Md., June 27 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Medifast, Inc. (NYSE: MED - News) announced today that Kristy Swanson is on the Medifast program and will represent Medifast as a new spokesperson. Swanson recently won ABC Television's Skating with Celebrities competition and has also appeared on NBC's Law & Order: Criminal Intent. She is likely best known to fans as Buffy from the 20th Century Fox movie, Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Swanson is a new mom who wants to lose about thirty to thirty-five pounds. She chose Medifast because she was looking for a fast and healthy way to help lose the baby weight. Kristy will be on the popular Medifast 5 & 1 Plan eating 5 Medifast Meals and 1 Lean & Green Meal each day.

"I already needed to lose about fifteen pounds before I had my baby so I want to not only lose the baby weight but also a bit of extra weight I already had before I got pregnant," says Swanson. "Medifast is so fast, I've just started the program and have already lost 6 pounds; I can't even tell you how motivating that is."

"I love this program because I am a stay at home mom with a busy schedule and I eat 6 times a day on Medifast," continued Swanson. "My baby also eats every few hours so when he is ready for a bottle, I have my Medifast Meal. The Medifast Meals are so convenient and I can take them with me everywhere and the best part is that I can still make dinner on the grill or eat out without having to stress about it at all. I also look forward to the Lean & Green Meal you eat everyday in addition to the Medifast Meals - which is really what makes this program different from others I've tried before."

Swanson will be sharing her story with Medifast clients through a personal journal, video blogs and live chats on the company website. She will also be featured in a new marketing campaign involving print, television, web and radio media.

"My weight has always fluctuated through the years and I've tried many different ways to lose it but I've always gained it back before," says Swanson. "With Medifast, I am not only losing weight quickly, I am also learning how to change my lifestyle. I am confident I will have long-term success because of their programs and personal support."

Kristy Swanson's story will be featured in People Magazine on stands this Thursday. Television coverage includes E! and Inside Edition tonight as well as upcoming segments on Access Hollywood and "Extra." Medifast will be positioning Genie Francis and Kristy Swanson in separate campaigns targeting different demographics.

"Every woman has to work hard to lose the weight after having a child and Kristy's choice to go on the Medifast program is great for her health as a new mom," says Joseph DiBartolomeo PhD, VP Clinical Nutrition for Medifast. "Medifast offers a medically proven balanced ratio of protein and carbohydrates and is fully fortified with vitamins and minerals. The program teaches you portion control while still giving you the flexibility to sit down to dinner for a healthy meal with your family. Kristy looks and feels fantastic and she is losing weight fast on the program - which is what every new mom hopes for."

About Medifast:

Medifast (NYSE: MED - News) is the leading easy-to-use, clinically proven portion-controlled weight loss program. Medifast has been recommended by 15,000 physicians and used by over one million customers. It is committed to enriching lives by providing innovative choices for lasting health. Medifast programs have been proven effective through studies by major university teaching hospitals. The company sells its products and programs via four unique distribution channels: 1) the web and national call centers, 2) national network of physicians, 3) medically supervised Medifast Weight Control Centers, and 4) the Take Shape For Life direct-selling division, a network of health coaches. Medifast was founded in 1980 and is located in Owings Mills, Maryland.

About Kristy Swanson

Swanson, who rose to fame as Buffy in the popular 1992 film Buffy the Vampire Slayer, began acting at the age of 9. She appeared in numerous commercials and television shows before moving to film where she landed roles in two John Hughes films, Pretty in Pink and Ferris Bueller's Day Off. From there Swanson landed her first leading role starring in Wes Craven's thriller Deadly Friend.

Swanson went on to star in films such as Flowers in the Attic, Hot Shots!, alongside Charlie Sheen and the blockbuster The Program featuring James Caan, Halle Berry and Omar Epps. In 1995 Swanson tackled her most controversial role as a college student discovering her sexuality in John Singleton's Higher Learning. She then went on to appear in Eight Heads in a Duffel Bag, co-starring Joe Pesci and David Spade, the Adam Sandler blockbuster Big Daddy and Dude, Where's My Car?, alongside Ashton Kutcher and Sean William Scott. Swanson also starred as Susan Crawford in the CBS series Grapevine, as well as guest-starring in numerous television shows including, Just Shoot Me, CSI: Miami and Law & Order: Criminal Intent. Most recently Swanson appeared in and won the reality series Skating with Celebrities.
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to What's Shakin'