And so it begins...

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Thank you to EVERYONE!

Postby LilMsTexas » March 8th, 2005, 7:13 am

GOOD MORNING AND THANK YOU TO EVERYONE who replied to me yesterday and offered your support! This forum is the reason I felt confident enough to do this again without a Doctor's constant monitoring. I am going to my doctor because I am a diabetic but he is NOT the support system I need :x

I wanted to say a few personal things to some of you specifically:

LadyinVA-Shari- I live off of Garrisonville so if you ever need a shopping buddy at our wonderful DRESS BARN let me know =)

Spunky in Texas-I miss home terribly! Hopefully when my husband retires we will be back there for good.

Mrsshrinkinglady-What is Mt. Olive bread and butter chips? Where do I buy them? And how do I use them on the program?

ThinkThin-Tiesha- A special hello to you! My husband has been in the Army 19.5 years!! He was in Iraq during the "war" and was part of the invading troops with an Air Cavalry Apache unit. It was the longest and hardest separation of his career. We were stationed in Germany at the time so me and my oldest son stayed there during the deployment because I needed to be where the information was. My son who will be 1 on St.Patrick's day is a post-Iraq baby :D but very planned. There were 4 of us trying to get pregnant when the guys returned and the men were calling it OPERATION DESSERT BABY! ;) At any rate...I know what you mean about getting back to pre-pregnancy weight. I am 14 lbs heavier than before the pregnancy and I was already 37 lbs overweight before that :shock: I'm actually trying to get back to PRE-MARRIAGE weight and that was when I last did Medifast--ironic isn't it? I know you are active duty, but you are also a military wife with a deployed husband, and I've been playing that role for 15 years....AND I've already done Iraq. If you ever need special support please always contact me...and I would be glad to give you my home telephone number should you want it.

Well everybody it's back to work. I thought my head was going to absolutely explode last night and I went to bed at 8:30 just to try and escape it. I am going to drink a lot more water today and hope that helps. AF also showed up today so that's helping TONS! Got on the scales this morning even though I'm not supposed to and had lost 1.8 lbs yesterday (that was all in the bathroom and not the pp but the PP if you get my drift). Yesterday was a bad physical day for me but I didn't eat a single GS cookie and for that I am EXTREMELY Proud of myself!

Today is day 2 and I'm half through my first 3 days!
CHEERS!
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby dlr2424 » March 8th, 2005, 3:31 pm

Christi....Welcome..I'm so glad you decieded to be a "BIG FAT LOSER" like the rest of us!!!!!...Us LOSERS love to support each other...and besides all the support you'll get tons of love and encouragement as these BIG FAT LOSERS have BIG HUGH HEARTS :hug:
So chat away we love to hear from you.

Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby dlr2424 » March 8th, 2005, 3:46 pm

Christi,
A vivid memory of "GIRL SCOUT COOKIES"
When I was pregnant with our first child (17 years ago) I had ordered GS cookies and after my Dr's appt. I sat in the car and ate the whole box..threw out the remains so my husband wouldn't know what a pig I was :pigsfly:

Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424

Postby Kauket » March 8th, 2005, 3:48 pm

Donna -
My daughter sells GS cookies, and I felt kind of bad this year because I just wasn't in the mind set of selling cookies. I figured I couldn't eat them, then no one should be able to. ;) Or something. :)

We also didn't buy as many as we usually do. (Lucky for her I didn't start until 1/2 way into the selling season, or she would have sold even less. ;)
Began 2/16/05
253/228/??
Kauket
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby 24KaratGold » March 8th, 2005, 3:52 pm

dlr2424 wrote:Christi,
A vivid memory of "GIRL SCOUT COOKIES"
When I was pregnant with our first child (17 years ago) I had ordered GS cookies and after my Dr's appt. I sat in the car and ate the whole box..threw out the remains so my husband wouldn't know what a pig I was

Donna...dlr2424

I think when one is pregnant one can be excused a great deal. For each of my three pregnancies, in the ninth month all I would eat for breakfast was Ralph's (local grocery store) house brand chocolate chip ice cream.

I generally ate very healthily during my pregnancies, and didn't gain an excess amount of weight, but I had to have that ice cream for breakfast....

As for the GS cookies, I have two boxes -- one Tagalongs, one Thin Mints -- deep in the garage freezer with the name "Mom" written on them in big black letters. The kids have been warned to keep their hands off! I'll enjoy them -- one at a time -- late this summer or early fall, after I'm at goal.
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby dlr2424 » March 8th, 2005, 3:54 pm

Kauket wrote:Donna -
I figured I couldn't eat them, then no one should be able to. ;) Or something. :)

You are too funny!!!!!

Donna

dlr2424

Postby dlr2424 » March 8th, 2005, 4:55 pm

raederle wrote:I'm also 5'5", am living in VA (though I consider myself a displaced New Englander at heart),

Rae....where in New England did you come from?...I haven't seen many NE on this forum...have a great day :wave:

Donna

dlr2424

Postby raederle » March 9th, 2005, 6:55 am

I think there are actually a few people around here from the MA/CT area, though they may be in hiding under the snow right now and unable to make it to a computer!!! I used to live in the Cambridge/Watertown/Belmont area; I loved it. I never minded the cold weather because it just meant I could get away with wearing lots of big sweaters and NO bathing suits most of the year! :mrgreen:
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » March 9th, 2005, 8:31 am

Wanna borrow our snow shovel?

Record temps in the 70s here.... 8)
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby LadyinVA » March 9th, 2005, 10:52 am

We got a taste of the 70's here in Virginia on Monday.....only to have it snowy, blustery and in the 20's yesterday. Isn't March lovely!?!?
Shari
Start Date 12/28/04
218/189/160
Psalms 37:4
LadyinVA

Postby Karen » March 10th, 2005, 5:54 am

hey lady, I suppose you virginians go by the same adage we do in Kentucky, .... if you don't like the weather, stick around for 5 minutes, it'll change!... and yep, I LOVE March, April and most of May, then it gets too hot! However, since I have lost weight, I have been cold for the first time since I can remember. It feels sort of good.
5'3 50 y/o Married
Started MF 11-08-04
Renewal experience 7-16-05
Karen
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Kauket » March 11th, 2005, 6:51 am

Karen wrote: However, since I have lost weight, I have been cold for the first time since I can remember. It feels sort of good.

It's making me nuts! All this water I'm drinking is making me freezing constantly. I'm saving loads on the a/c but I'm having to wear long sleeves and stuff :/
Began 2/16/05
253/228/??
Kauket

Postby doglover » March 11th, 2005, 8:40 am

Kauket - I am with you! I am freezing and it is driving me crazy! I, being in OH, also have the nasty snow and freezing temps to deal with. My husband can't stand it either. I have the coldest hands and feet on this earth. Some days I can't hardly type! I am sitting in my office (small room in my house), with door closed, space heater on, feet in foot warmer, 2 shirts, long pants, slippers and I am still so COLD! Man, I hope this doesn't last forever! ;)
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby raederle » March 11th, 2005, 9:12 am

I always got cold easily even before MF, so now it gets *really* bad! Although I suppose this is obvious, try drinking bouillion, coffee, or tea (decaf if you don't want to the caffeine). It helps me immensely! True, I end up drinking or eating something just about all day, between my MF meals, snacks, water, and hot drinks, but that's fine with me! :mrgreen: At night if I just can't warm up before bed, I take a quick hot shower, and always sleep with socks on. That seems to do the trick, so my husband doesn't leap out of the bed if our feet touch under the covers!
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Guest » April 25th, 2005, 11:01 am

It's SueG again, i was reading all the inputs in this catagory. i have something to say about the GS cookies. I was a GS and swore I'd ALWAYS buy GS cookies from every GS i saw, and i have. one year i bought 37 boxes!! i go in one door and out the other at the market, just to buy from all the kids. WELL, i found a solution when i started on Medifast!! the GS get 50 cents a box for their troup. i give them a dollar, tell them to keep it and pretend i bought two boxes!! they have the money and i don't have the cookies!! it works well for me. the girls are happy (even though they have no idea what i just did - the adults understand) just a thought to help out.

PreviousNext

Return to Come on in.