American Idol 2008!

Give us the skinny in the losers lounge.
(Anything off topic)

Postby DogMa » May 12th, 2008, 11:58 am

Yeah, Cook's my choice, too. I bought Daughtry's album (and I even listen to it as part of my regular playlist), so I might buy his. I did download a few of his Idol songs.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Tawanda » May 12th, 2008, 4:46 pm

I just don't see the furor/excitement over David Cook. He is okay, nothing more special than any of the others (to me). David A. has a great voice but seems a bit limited in many ways and Syesha will do excellent on Broadway. I feel that many of the weeks it was it a popularity contest instead of a talent contest which dampened the enjoyment of the program for me.
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Sojourner » May 12th, 2008, 5:25 pm

Mike wrote:I think that Syesha will be on Broadway but not necessarily mainstream.(3rd place) Archuleta will be like a young Josh Groban (probably 2nd place), and David Cook is an all around guy who rocks well, so he's my choice for 1st.

8)

Exactly, Miguel!

I heart David Cook, too, Robin!

Mizz T ~ for me, besides his voice, his originality and willingness to extend himself by taking chances makes him rise above the others. As far as popularity goes, I think that's why Jason was in it for as long as he was. He is awfully pretty. 8) Syesha has gotten better each week, as well, and I really like her. I'll be happy with any of the remaining three winning, but I think it should go to Mr. Cook.

... and that's all I have to say about that!
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby DogMa » May 13th, 2008, 7:23 am

And it's ALWAYS been a popularity contest; I think it's inevitable when they let America vote (and not to get all political, but yes, I mean that, too).

But to keep it to TV, look at Dancing With the Stars or any of the call-in shows. At the same time, if you're talking about looking for the next pop star, that IS more about popularity than talent. Unfortunately, a good voice is not enough to sell a bizillion records.
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby katesmom » May 15th, 2008, 10:03 am

I'm voting for .....

David Cook...He's adorable, talented, creative, and has a great voice !

David Archuletta will do well either way...He's young and has time to mature, both his personality and his voice...

Sayesha was a favorite of mine form the beginning but for some reason the judges repeately dismissed her...WHY?????
356/331/150
Started 7/24/10
Can't wait to WIN this race !!
katesmom
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby cydj21 » May 15th, 2008, 11:49 am

katesmom wrote:Sayesha was a favorite of mine form the beginning but for some reason the judges repeately dismissed her...WHY?????

I often wonder how different the voting would be if the judges weren't offering up opinions and dooming people as being "in trouble."

I'm kind of over this season now...the David Archuleta thing is kind of a joke to me. He has a beautiful voice, but no true personality nor has he provided any proof that he can do anything other than sing someone else's pretty songs. Let's go David Cook!
Cyd
Highest Weight - 271lbs in 2006
cydj21
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby Diana » May 16th, 2008, 2:24 am

Yeah, I'm with ya. Of the 3, I bet we'll hear a lot more in the future from Cook and Syesha. (Look for Syesha in the running for a Tony in the future.) I'm already waiting for a Cook concert tour!!! (Cook, Daughtry . . . who else should we throw in the lineup??) As for Archuleta, I'll probably download the album and throw it in the iTunes mix. I'm curious as to what he'll do in music in the future -- he's no Neil Diamond, that's for sure. Not even close to Jordan Sparks. Paul Anka, maybe?? One thing's certain -- if he doesn't learn to develop more depth, he's doomed. He's got that on his side, though -- he seems the most teachable of all the contestants they've had this year.
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby DogMa » May 16th, 2008, 7:24 am

BTW, for the David Cook fans ... his solo album was available on Amazon but was pulled while he's on the show (the album he did with his band is still there, but I didn't like it as much). You can listen to (but not download, apparently) all the songs at:

www dot davidcooktheamericanidol dot com/music/

I was pretty impressed by most of 'em, and I'll definitely get the album if it's available again after the show is over. Which might depend on whether he wins; I don't know what kind of contract they have to sign with the leeches ... I mean, producers ... of the show.
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Previous

Return to What's Shakin'