Aloha!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Aloha!

Postby missye » July 22nd, 2005, 6:29 pm

Hi there, everyone. My name is Kate. I live down in Hawaii. I'm from Washington State (Longview, Bremerton) but have lived here since I was 19.

I have two children, 4 and 12, and gained around 70 lbs each time I was pregnant. While it took about 3 years to work it off, it did come off. I've always been pretty active and my weight would hover right around 130 (I am 5'3") and that was okay. However, over the last year or so, my weight has creeped up and up.

A few things have happened at once to cause this, I think. First, I used to be in the military, and now I'm not. That means no more PT (Physical Training). Next, I am past 30 now, and I've heard that the metabolism changes drastically in this phase of my life. Also, I have "settled down" a bit, and as crazy as this may sound, I think going out and partying 2 nights a week helped with the weight. Next, I travel a lot in my job, and eating well while traveling is a challenge. Finally, I was pregnant a few months ago, and lost the baby at 12 weeks. Sometimes I feel my body thinks I'm still pregnant. Most of the extra weight I've put on has been since I became pregnant. In the last 4 months I've gone from 136 to 150.

One other concern for me is genetics. On my dad's side, all the woman are 5 feet tall and 5 feet round. Even in my skinny days, I am very curvy and I can feel this battle starting for me.

I've tried so many different Ways Of Eating and dieting pills, serious exercise and fads, but they aren’t working.

So, I'm pinning my hopes on Medifast. I know I can be 120 pounds again, it's only been 5 or 6 years.

I don't have 100 pounds to lose, only 30. How do people with less . . . or are in those last few pounds of their goal . . . fare?

I've started today, and it seems to be going well. I have a journal to keep track of my meals and my water. I was feeling a bit hungry, but two cups of broth between my 0900 and 1200 meal did the trick.

My planned schedule:
7am - Oatmeal
9:30am - Bar
12:00pm - Shake
2:30pm - Shake
5pm - Soup
7:30 - Lean N Green or Shake (never been a dinner person . . .)

I'm glad you all are here, and look forward to getting to know each of you.

Aloha,
-K-
Kate
Started: 22 July 2005

missye
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby martha » July 22nd, 2005, 6:50 pm

Kate--

WELCOME!!!!!!!!!! we are so glad to have you here on our forum.. the people here are the best.. very supportive..I had over 130# to lose but my husband only needed to lose 40# and he got it off in about 6 weeks.. I know men lose faster but from what I have seen this is the program for you.. no matter how much you want to lose.. For inspiration go through all of the old posts in the studio..I finished them not to long ago and I am here to tell you that I was in awe of these great people and alot of them had a lot less than 50# to lose.. when we get older and especially when we go from diet to diet our metabolisms get all out of wack :D but on MF it straightens it right up again for you.. Good luck this week. the 1st 3 days are usually the hardest..I lokk forward to seeing more form you.. we are here day and night for you..martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

New from Hawaii

Postby Jan » July 23rd, 2005, 10:39 am

Hi There,
Those pounds will be gone in no time. I know several people with about 20 pounds or so to lose and off they came. You are really smart to do it now rather than waiting for the pounds to just increase and become more of a problem. You are absolutely right -- there comes a time in all of lives where exercise no longer takes care of the problem. The old metabolism changes -- no matter what. I had a big surprise when I was sitting at the doctor with my then 24 year old (who is a med student) and the DR told her that exercise would no longer be enough for her -- she had to be careful about all she was eating!!! This happened at 24 and she was an athlete!! Whoa My suggestion for you would be to just be really compliant with the program and don't watch the scales too carefully -- at the end of about 3 weeks weight yourself and see where you are. You should have a big pleasant surprise. This program works no matter how much or little weight you have to lose. Just be really compliant and eat everything you are supposed to. Good luck -- I'll be watching :shock: for you
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby missye » July 25th, 2005, 1:42 pm

Hi, Martha and Jan.

Thank you so much for the kind words and encouragement! I look forward to chatting with you two.

-K-
Kate

missye

Postby Mommy2girls » July 25th, 2005, 2:56 pm

Welcome! You should do just fine with Medifast! The beauty of Medifast is that it doesn't matter how much you want to lose. You can lose it all safely and carefully no matter what your starting weight is.

That is great that you want to lose it now before it creeps up even more. Good luck and welcome to the forum!
Sheila
Sheila

Maintaining a –45lb loss....

Mommy2girls
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby missye » July 25th, 2005, 4:35 pm

Thanks, Sheila. :)

The weekend was VERY hard for me. Too many outings, for sure. Today is a bit better, sitting in my office and a lot less distractions.

I think I like that my weigh in is on a Friday, that way I have the whole week to be good, then on the weekend, with that new lost weight, I'll HOPEFULLY be less likely to cheat.

-K-
Kate

missye

Postby missye » July 30th, 2005, 12:08 pm

Well, I weighed myself this morning, and I'm down 4.2 pounds in one week. Not too shabby.

Today is a BBQ at my friend's house. She is watching me on Medifast to see how I do, and has promised to help me stay on track today. I'm taking a salad as my potluck item. I'm going to take twice as much shakes as I need, and I think I'll take my DiVinci syrups to make some fun non-alcoholic drinks.

Wish me luck! I am a bit nervous since I didn't fare too well last weekend.
Kate

missye

Postby martha » July 30th, 2005, 1:45 pm

KATE-----

GREAT NEWS about your 4.2# loss for the week.. you have a great attitude about this and will go far.. Taking extra shakes never hurts :mrgreen: I try to at all times.. Have fun at the BBQ and I Look forward to your next post.. Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
267.5/189.5/130
martha

Postby missye » August 1st, 2005, 12:20 pm

Hiya, Martha.

Well, I did good!!!! :D

I didn't cheat at all and I ended up going to TWO BBQ's. It's amazing, I'm not hungry at all. When I would see the cookies or potato chips everyone was munching on, I kept saying to myself, "My body is just now set up to burn fat, do I want to lose that whole week and have to start over again?" It worked! And it paid off. I weighed myself this morning, and I am down another .4 of a pound.

Ah, I am so RELIEVED that this is working! I can't wait until I can get back in my bikini.
Kate

missye

Postby martha » August 1st, 2005, 4:15 pm

KATE--

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!! I am sooo PROUD of you.. before you know it you will be turning ALL the heads in your Biniki.. :mrgreen: Good luck this week..Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
267.5/189.5/130
martha

Postby Nancy » August 1st, 2005, 6:15 pm

Kate ~

:hi5: Super job over the weekend - you ARE a BarBQ Survivor times 2!!!

Excellent self-talk - that's my strategy, too.

Keep going! :yes:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby missye » August 2nd, 2005, 11:21 am

Mahalo, Martha and Nancy. :D
Kate

missye

Postby missye » August 5th, 2005, 1:36 pm

Week Two is behind me!!! Yippee!!!! And I am proud to say that I haven't cheated in 12 days either. But boy, sometimes it is tempting. I love bread and ice cream, but I love that I can be skinny again more! So, here are my stats, not too bad, eh? At the rate of 3 pounds per week, I think I'll be able to hit my goal by 23 September.

Starting Weight: 149.6
Starting Body Fat: 33%
Height: 5' 3"

End Week 2
Today's Weight: 142.4
Today's Body Fat: 30%
Lost Inches on Waist Wk/Tot: 0.5/1.5
Lost Inches on Hips Wk/Tot: 1/1
Lost Inches on Chest Wk/Tot: 0/0

PS: Unca_Tim, you'd better keep an eye on me. I feel the 10# club coming up! ;)
Kate

missye

Postby Unca_Tim » August 5th, 2005, 4:02 pm

I'm watchin' Kate,
:cateye:
Great job!!....:)
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby martha » August 5th, 2005, 4:02 pm

KATE----

WOW!!!!! you are on a roll. No cheating in 12 days is GREAT!! Keep up the good work and not only will you be in the 10# club soon but also at GOAL :mrgreen: Have a great week..Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
267.5/189.5/130
martha

Next

Return to Come on in.