To All Diabetics :)

Questions/Comments about Diabetes Products.

To All Diabetics :)

Postby smartipantz » July 12th, 2006, 9:38 pm

I have a diabetic client that is doing absolutely wonderful on the program. She has been on insulin and oral meds for 16 years. She has sent me an email that I feel is important to share to all diabetic patients out here in our forum. I have received permission to share her information with all of you.

Keri -

I am not one for chatting on a phone or telling you every minute how I am doing. I am sure you have enough people yapping to you.

But......... I am sitting here absolutely crying. Being a diabetic and on insulin is the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. Now, thanks to Judy, you and this wonderful program, life is getting simpler and the pounds are coming off.

I started the diet 2 1/2 wks ago and.......

I was on Byetta (a shot) twice a day as well as insulin (a shot) twice a day.

As of today, I am only on Byetta once a day and my insulin has been reduced from 27 units in AM to 20 and from 30 units in PM to 15. I was told today to keep monitoring because it looks like the dosage will have to drop further.

YAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY.

If you have ANY diabetics that need to talk about this program, I am definitely your spokeswoman. Feel free to give them my e-mail.

Thanks again.

Cindy

This was sent to me on July 1st. I spoke with Cindy last night and she had visited the doctor once again. Her medication has been reduced even further and the doctor has stated that if she loses another 15-18 pounds, she may be totally off all insulin and oral meds.

I certainly hope that this provides hope to all..... not only are we dropping pounds, but we are becoming healthier and healthier by the minute.

If you would like Cindy's email address to discuss her situation individually, please PM me and I will be happy to provide it to you.

Happy Shaking to All!! Cheers to becoming healthy!!

Smarti
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » July 12th, 2006, 9:53 pm

Smarti,
That is SO wonderful for your client! It never ceases to amaze me how much of a difference even a small shift in weight can make towards health!

She must be SO thrilled!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Ketann » July 13th, 2006, 5:02 am

Thanks for posting that smarti, and thank your client for sharing her testomony to the Diabetic plan. Being diabetic, it always gives me extra joy to hear diabetics succeed on this plan. Please tell your client we wish her a successful, needless future.

Hugs,
Keturah
Ketann

Postby Drama Queen » July 13th, 2006, 11:06 am

Smarti,

What wonderful news for your client!! Here's to better health and longer life through MF!!
Start Date 1/22/06
Age 53 / Height 5'9"

Drama Queen
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby dottsgarden » July 31st, 2006, 3:43 pm

I am Type II diabetic and am on all kinds of medication. I'm really going to count on MF to help me get off all medication. It was really inspiring to read about your clients progress, Smarti. I know it hasn't been that long since, but do you have an update?

~Dottie
dottsgarden

Postby smartipantz » August 1st, 2006, 12:21 am

Hi Dotts,

I do have an update. My client went back to the doctor about 2 weeks ago and and the doctor reduced her meds even more. She is down to 1 insulin shot and 1 oral med. Her doctor also said if she lost another 15 pounds she could seriously be off all her meds for the first time in 16 years.

If you would like her email, let me know. She wants to tell the world about her successes with the program in such a short timeframe.

Smarti
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz

Postby dottsgarden » August 1st, 2006, 12:41 am

Hi Smarti - Yes! I would like to have her email. Even with all the info I've gleaned, I would still like to know, first hand, what a diabetic person actually feels like when they are taking their meds and are on MF.
dottsgarden

Return to Diabetes