Alicatcyclist

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby Mike » June 2nd, 2007, 9:42 am

Ali,
We are glad you are back on. The one thing that I do want to let you know is that it is VERY important to make sure that you get in your 5 replacements along with the lean and green. Some people have the feeling that if you plow through a day with fewer calories than the plan allows, then the weight comes off faster. When looking at your day 2 info, it looks like you only had 3 replacements, a snack, and your lean and green. We want to make sure that you are healthy and getting in your calories and nutrition (its already a very low calories plan as it is).
Try to keep stuff with you. In the morning it looks like you went 4 hours between your first and second replacement. Perhaps pour a shake packet in a half bottle of water and get it in.
I know you are busy, one thing I have found that makes it more simple for those on the move is keeping ready to drink (RTD) shakes with you. No mixing needed.
We all want success for you, and given this was day two and the first 3 are the hardest, its always best to err on the little bit more than the alot under side of nutrition for the first few days. Hunger can be the undoing of any good program.

Hope day 3 goes well. Let us know if you need anything.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby alicatcyclist » June 2nd, 2007, 11:52 pm

Thanks for the advice Mike. I was unaware that RTD's were available. Do you like the taste of those? I have done slimfast in the past and I am one of the few who liked the powder version of the shakes. I love to mix shakes with ice and make them nice and cold. The SF in the cans tasted like chocolate baby formula. Yuck.

I do love the MF shakes though. Very tasty and satisfying.

Day 3 for me:

10:30 am - oatmeal

3:30 pm - salad with grilled chicken and light dressing, tea

7:30 pm - the remaining salad (from lunch)

10:00 - microwave popcorn single serving size.

I know, I know. I was on the go today and didn't bring my MF products with me. Compared to my old eating habits though, this is still such an improvement. My goal for tomorrow is to stay at home and take it easy. I will have five MF meals and one lean/green and lots & lots of H20.

;)
alicatcyclist

Postby alicatcyclist » June 3rd, 2007, 12:16 am

I had to take our new puppy in for her first set of shots today. She is a chihuahua/dachshund hybrid which is called a chiweenie. Her name is Roxy and she is 9 weeks old.

My Boston Terrier Skylar is trying to cope with the fact that she is no longer the baby of the family:

These are all three of our girls. Reba, Skylar & Roxy. Can you tell I am a dog lover? :D

alicatcyclist

Postby bikipatra » June 3rd, 2007, 4:03 am

My fave is the one where they are all snuggled up together! So adorable!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby alicatcyclist » June 3rd, 2007, 9:23 am

Thanks Biki. At the end of the day, they are all sisters, despite their size. LOL
alicatcyclist

Postby Mike » June 3rd, 2007, 11:02 am

That last one with all three is too cute. I'm with Biki on that. ANd the new little one is adorable. We have a 9 year old Chow/Black lab mix. (see pics in studio http://www.makemethinner.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9986

As for the RTD's... for me, that pretty much the only shakes I have. I typically have 2-3 a day. My days are usually breakfast (oatmeal, scrambled eggs, the pancakes - (see recipe in lean cuisine) or hot cocoa at 7, shake at 10, bar or soup at 1230, shake at 3, snack around 430, lean and green around 6 and then either hot cocoa or the pancakes around 9.

Since you are on the go alot, I would definitely get a case or two of the RTD's.. they come in chocolate or vanilla. In the summer I freeze them and then eat them like ice cream. Yummy and cool.

Hope you have a great Sunday. Let me know if you need anything.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Postby alicatcyclist » June 3rd, 2007, 11:46 am

Aww Mike, your pooch is adorable. What a great Christmas photo of you and your wife also. Thanks for all of your support. I will head over to the lean cuisine thread to check out the recipes. :)
alicatcyclist

Postby SuzyQ66 » June 3rd, 2007, 12:49 pm

Welcome back Ali!! I just started ordering the RTD a couple of months ago and with summer upon us they are great to just grab and take along. I seem to be drinking them quite frequently lately - especially since we are always on the go.
Sue
SuzyQ66
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby alicatcyclist » June 3rd, 2007, 9:51 pm

Thanks Sue, I will give them a try. And WOW on your weight loss accomplishment so far. You are doing awesome.
alicatcyclist

Postby ChynnaDoll » June 4th, 2007, 10:55 am

Ali, you're a woman of my own heart..your babies are soooooo PRECIOUS all dressed up :-P I know they are spoiled ta death..lol!
I have 2 full breed Chihuahua's (Chyna & Precious) and a Maltese named (Rossi)..they are a hot mess...think they are prima'dona's..especially the Chih's..LOL!

Welcome back..so glad you're here with us!..and yeah, do try those RTD's they're GREAT!

Chynna
ChynnaDoll
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby alicatcyclist » June 4th, 2007, 4:45 pm

Hey Chynna,

Thanks for the welcome back. I've never owned a Chih before but I am head over hills for this little puppy. She is so small yet she growls like a beast when she plays. I'm sure all of your dogs are spoiled rotton also. LOL

Here is my day so far:

10:30 - bar

12:30 - shake

2:00 - shake

4:00 - shake

6:45 - grilled chicken & spinach
alicatcyclist

Postby bikipatra » June 5th, 2007, 5:44 am

I eat a lot of spinach. I feel like Popeye! :)
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby alicatcyclist » June 5th, 2007, 9:13 pm

My day:

10:30 am - bar

1:30 pm - shake

4:00 pm - hot chocolate

7:00 - chicken breast and green beans

8:30 - 1 oz dry roasted unsalted peanuts (I can have these as a snack can't I) and a shake

11:00 - pudding

I work late hours so I have to squeeze in my meals later on in the day. My bedtime is 1:00 am so I ate the pudding 2 hours before going to bed.

I will weigh in on Wednesdays because we have a weight loss challenge at work and we weigh in on Wednesdays. I am feeling satisfied with the shakes and I have more energy!!
alicatcyclist

Postby Mike » June 5th, 2007, 11:22 pm

Hmmm, I think you've mastered it Ali. Hope the weigh in goes well. :mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

Mike

Postby Sojourner » June 6th, 2007, 12:16 am

Welcome back, Ali!

First of all ~ your poochies are simply adorable. I don't normally like the smaller breeds much, but your little girls are too too (tutu?!) cute!! Reba, of course, seems very sweet...what breed is she? Whatever, she is - her coat is beautiful! Yeah, I'm a dog person too. Mostly big dogs...I have a boxer and a choc lab. My babies! ;)

Have you tried the RTDs yet? They're delish, and the convenience can't be beat. But most importantly, they're really creamy and oh so yummy. Uhm...did I mention that I really like them?? :roll:

The last thing that I wanted to point out is that you don't have to try to cram all of your supps into the last part of your day. I mean, you can even have your last supplement 10 minutes before you go to bed, if you'd like. I usually have a cocoa or oatmeal shortly before bedtime (my eating hours have always been late...must be the Italian side of me ~ Mangia!!). Maybe that'll help with the spacing problem you have with your late work hours - ?

Oh yeah, and somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it is strongly recommended that we neither begin nor end our day with a bar...so you might wanna' switch that up as well.

:shock: Wow, all that sounded so bossy!
Whatever...you know how I meant it, right? :D

Good to see you back, AliCat!
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal