Alicatcyclist

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby alicatcyclist » June 6th, 2007, 9:01 pm

Sojourner,

Hey there, thanks for the welcome back. Reba is a golden retriever. She is a sweetie, she take care of the new baby. LOL You are too cute. Feel free to boss me around anytime you like. I could use the advice and the dicipline!! I weighed in today and I have lost 4 pounds. I don't mind taking it slowly to get the weight off. It has taken me a long time to put it on after all. I have not been 100% loyal to the plan, honestly have only gone three days on program. Still I have lost 4 pounds, that is wonderful.

I love the french vanilla & the dutch chocolate shakes. (the powder) If the RTD shakes are that tasty, I can't wait to try them.

You have dropped lots of weight. How long have you been on program?
alicatcyclist

Postby bikipatra » June 7th, 2007, 1:53 am

Sojourner wrote:[color=darkblue]Welcome back, Ali!

Oh yeah, and somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it is strongly recommended that we neither begin nor end our day with a bar...so you might wanna' switch that up as well.

Unless you are on the diabetic program, where a bar is appropriate before bed so blood sugar levels can remain more constant while sleeping.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Tawanda » June 7th, 2007, 5:53 am

Allie......get yourself behaving (sticking to program) girlfriend!!! ;)

4# is great, but if you are playing with the program (not eating enough supplements & the L/G or eating off program foods) you'll probably find it harder to stick to the program to goal (just my guess---but I don't know anything really ;) :lol:).

Keep going! You are going to be sporting a bodacious body on your bike!
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Mike » June 7th, 2007, 5:50 pm

Yeah, what Tawanda said... 8) ;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Mike » June 10th, 2007, 11:18 pm

Just wonderin' where ya went off to?
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Postby Tawanda » June 11th, 2007, 6:25 am

Dang it, she is missing, isn't she?!

Allie-----where is you???? ;) :D (yelled in my best "you'd better not mess with Mama voice" )
Tawanda

Postby alicatcyclist » June 11th, 2007, 8:54 pm

Hi everybody!! I'm back. I went out of town this weekend. My girlfriend from high school threw a baby shower for her daughter on Saturday. She's so excited, she's going to be a Grandma. I was out of town for two nights and came back on Sunday where we had a birthday gathering for my father in law. We ate at Macaroni Grill.

So I am embarassed to say this but I have fallen off the wagon again. I know I need some help getting myself going on this program. I am questioning myself as to how bad I really want this. I have been yo-yo dieting for 30 years of my life and I think I have just thrown in the towel. Then I realize that I do want to lose weight because I know how good it feels to be at a healthier weight. I know how important it is to take care of myself, yet I struggle with my unhealthy food habits and tend to give in to the food. Then I feel guilty afterwards and beat myself up and tell myself I'm not good enough and I'm a failure and that's how it goes. I'm sure anybody who is reading this has been there and struggles with the same issues from time to time.

So this is my cry for help. Can anybody give me advice on how to make it past 5 days staying on program without giving in? I know that with each passing day, it will get easier and I will get stronger and have increased energy. My plan for tomorrow is to pack up the meals in a zip lock bag and take them to work with me. I will have all there medifast meals plus my lean green. I have never been on a diet plan which was this low cal and I talk myself into say that I can eat a free meal and still lose weight. Then I go off the diet completely and throw in the towel.

Anybody else have a hard time in getting started and ways you handled it?

Thanks!! I'm not giving up just yet. :x
alicatcyclist

Postby Mike » June 11th, 2007, 9:19 pm

alicatcyclist wrote:I'm sure anybody who is reading this has been there and struggles with the same issues from time to time.

My plan for tomorrow is to pack up the meals in a zip lock bag and take them to work with me. I will have all there medifast meals plus my lean green.

Hi Ali. The biggest choice you make is to stick with it. You can do this. I've been there and I've gone off (more than I can count), but I get right back on because I know that this is the best thing for me.

Your packing meals and taking them with you proves that you have a good mindset for this. Yes, this plan is easy because you don't need to think (much), but being prepared at work and when you are away from your "store" of medimeals is a great way to be prepared. I keep shakes and containers for mixing stuff up with me at work, and I always keep extra RTD's and a bar when I go somewhere. Just keep prepared.

As for eating out, I have yet to find a major restaurant chain where I can't get some type of L & G. I just have to make the right choice when I am there (thats the hardest part). You can't worry about making others uncomfortable, they will understand when you aren't having potaotoes or pasta (they should at least... if they love you).

Okay, enough from me, perhaps others have some input.
;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

Mike

Postby Tawanda » June 12th, 2007, 6:44 am

Oh Allie....I'm sorry you're having a tough time with staying committed. I don't know of anything to offer---it seems like it has to come from within ourselves and we have to want to succeed more than we want the food.

I've become more often tempted to cheat as I read about others cheating and continuing to have good weight losses. I figure that some how they are getting to have it all----cheating and eating foods that I've avoided but also having substantial weight losses throughout the cheating. I have had to really think about my feelings about it and had to avoid reading about it. :? Just my way of keeping my focus because I know I wouldn't be successful if I began eating off program.

I hope you can find a thought or reason that makes it easier to stick to the program. All it takes for me is to look at my before photos, I was so unhappy with myself and it showed in my clothing, my eyes and in the way I held myself. I don't want to be that person ever again.

Sending you good thoughts! :)
Tawanda

Postby alicatcyclist » June 12th, 2007, 9:11 pm

Thanks Mike & Tawanda. I had a good day today.

10:30 - oatmeal

12:30 - bar

3:30 - shake

6:30 - chicken breast with green beans

8:30 - shake

Now I have a tummy ache and no desire to eat anything else today. There is a stomach virus going around at work, hopefull I won't get it. I took my vitamins today.

Go Spurs Go!! 3 down, 1 to go. Woo Hoo.

I had to represent. LOL
alicatcyclist

Postby bikipatra » June 13th, 2007, 1:28 am

Tawanda wrote:I've become more often tempted to cheat as I read about others cheating and continuing to have good weight losses. I figure that some how they are getting to have it all----cheating and eating foods that I've avoided but also having substantial weight losses throughout the cheating. I have had to really think about my feelings about it and had to avoid reading about it. :? Just my way of keeping my focus because I know I wouldn't be successful if I began eating off program.
:)

I know how you feel. I keep getting stuck for days at a time and people who admit they are only compliant 4 days a week lose more than I do. What's up with that?? In a way it restores me to sanity, because as much trouble as I have been having lately with the scale while being compliant I would be a goner if I ate off plan. Last time I had a bowl of cereal I think it took 5 days just to get back where I had been. We aren't talking Domino's here, but cereal with soy milk and splenda! Some of us are just more sensitive and delicate than others, like us! :mrgreen:
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby Tawanda » June 13th, 2007, 6:07 am

bikipatra wrote:
Tawanda wrote:I've become more often tempted to cheat as I read about others cheating and continuing to have good weight losses. I figure that some how they are getting to have it all----cheating and eating foods that I've avoided but also having substantial weight losses throughout the cheating. I have had to really think about my feelings about it and had to avoid reading about it. :? Just my way of keeping my focus because I know I wouldn't be successful if I began eating off program.
:)

I know how you feel. I keep getting stuck for days at a time and people who admit they are only compliant 4 days a week lose more than I do. What's up with that?? In a way it restores me to sanity, because as much trouble as I have been having lately with the scale while being compliant I would be a goner if I ate off plan. Last time I had a bowl of cereal I think it took 5 days just to get back where I had been. We aren't talking Domino's here, but cereal with soy milk and splenda! Some of us are just more sensitive and delicate than others, like us! :mrgreen:

Somehow I gave the impression to Allie that eating off program was okay or that I do it. That isn't the case, if that is the impression I gave. Sorry to her and anyone else who may have felt that I was saying I thought it was okay.

I'm one who feels that I will do best and learn the most, about how to control my food desires once I hit goal, if I learn now to say no to my cravings and urges. If I cannot control my cravings and urges now, while on the program what makes me believe that I would have success in staying at my goal and making wise decisions about which foods I'm choosing and what quantities I'm consuming. Right now, being on program I am practicing portion control and resisting temptation.

I have had many thoughts about just going ahead and eating off program because, as Biki mentioned in the quote above, it has worked for others at this point in their MF journey. If they can eat off program and still have great weight losses then maybe I could, too (is what my gluttonous mind tells me, :lol:)......and also that perhaps if I consumed some extra calories it would jump start my weight loss to bigger loss numbers each week....... Oh yeah, my mind (that darn mass of intelligence that still desires Peanut Butter cups and Whoppers with cheese or pizza) has all kinds of little arguments 'for' eating off program.

My experience has been that if I do not change my food choices nor amounts 'forever more' then I will regain the weight. I've, twice before, lost 40# and then regained it because I went back to eating the same foods and in the same quantities that got my weight up to 222.

The only way that *I* will get to goal and keep the weight off is to stick to the program, as it is written, and to relearn how and what is healthy for me to eat.

Sorry Allie that I gave a wrong impression!

My very best to you --- I hope you find the way that works best for you!!!! :D
Tawanda

Postby Mike » June 22nd, 2007, 12:23 pm

Just checking in here now that you checked in on mine. Unca has everything working okay now... so, do well and let us all know how its going.
:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

Mike

Postby Tawanda » June 22nd, 2007, 1:49 pm

I was just thinking of you last night Allie and wishing you'd check in with how you were doing. Then *poof* you showed up in Mike's journal. I'm sorry that you've been having a rough go of it, but it sounds like Mike is right there to help you out so hopefully you'll be doing great soon.
Tawanda

Postby alicatcyclist » June 27th, 2007, 8:43 pm

test
alicatcyclist

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal