Alicatcyclist

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby alicatcyclist » June 27th, 2007, 8:49 pm

I knew I posted this morning but after checking my journal I could not find my post. Needless to say, I hit "new topic" instead of replying in my journal. Here was my post for yesterday:

I'm back again. I was down for the count but certainly not out. Once again I must quote from my favorite Chumbawamba song, "I get knocked down, but I get up again, you're never gonna keep me down" (dedicating this song to my obsession with food) ha, ha.

So I figured out what works best for me. I always feel better when I exercise so I have decided to make that my goal. Each week I will work out 3 to 4 times to start. Eventually I will increase it to 5 times per week.

Yesterday I rode my bike 8.5 miles in 42 minutes. Woo Hoo!! I felt so good after my ride and so energized. Today I am feeling my quads a little bit as there are a couple of good hills in this route. I stayed on plan all day but added a few extra calories to accomodate my workout. I took in 1200 calories which is still very low for me. I burned 547 calories with my bike ride so I am confident that it was a great day for me!!

Thanks for checking on me you guys!! Ya'll are awesome.
alicatcyclist

Day two on my workout commitment

Postby alicatcyclist » June 27th, 2007, 9:02 pm

Today was also a great day. I rode the same 8.5 mile route this evening in 44 minutes. The ride seemed a bit harder as my quads were just a tad bit sore. But it is a good sore feeling. I think that getting back out there on the bike helps me with my late night eating. I get home and soak in a hot tub. I am sleeping a lot better at night also. My calorie intake for the day is 1065. I will see how this works for me. My plan was to keep my calorie intake at around 1200 calories. I am going to my doctor on Monday for a check up. I will ask his advice on my exercise goals and my calorie intake. I do love my MF shakes and bars and oatmeal throughout the day. I am thinking the shakes & bars are the most filling and satisfying for me.

I wish I had more time to spend on the boards. I still have not seen all of the threads on this site. I know there is lots of good info on here.

Can anybody tell me where to get the sugar free syrups to add to your shakes? I want to try some of the recipes.
alicatcyclist

Re: Day two on my workout commitment

Postby Mike » June 27th, 2007, 10:58 pm

alicatcyclist wrote:Can anybody tell me where to get the sugar free syrups to add to your shakes? I want to try some of the recipes.

Many supermarkets have them (SF vanilla, caramel, raspberry), usually near the coffee. If you have Smart and Final, TJMaxx, Beverages and More, places like that all carry them.

You can order them online, but then ya gotta pay shipping.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby bikipatra » June 28th, 2007, 2:23 am

One of these days I am going to buy one of those syrups. I have had them at Starbucks, but never owned a bottle. I think I would have to go online because we don't have those types of shopping outlets near me in DC. Mike, you're the expert-what flavors are best?
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Re: Day two on my workout commitment

Postby bikipatra » June 28th, 2007, 2:28 am

alicatcyclist wrote:Today was also a great day. I rode the same 8.5 mile route this evening in 44 minutes. The ride seemed a bit harder as my quads were just a tad bit sore. But it is a good sore feeling. I think that getting back out there on the bike helps me with my late night eating.

I wish I had the nerve to get back on a bike. Last time I was on one, I ran into my husband's bike (yes, I am very sports challenged) and took a bad spill. I was so fat, my 150 lb husband couldn't get me off the ground and three good samaritans helped lift me off the ground. I was just too shaken up and scraped and bruised to lift myself. I still remember the sound of all the kids at the bus stop laughing at me. This was about 3 years ago. I am glad you can be so athletic!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby Mike » June 28th, 2007, 1:34 pm

Actually, you can buy the ones at Starbucks from them. Most of them keep extras and will sell them to you if they have enough stock. I have a bottle of the SF Cinn Dolce here.
We have a whole supply and variety for our moods and tastes. We have Da Vinci Kahlua, Caramel, and white choc. We have Torani English Toffee, Orange, Strawberry, Almond Rocha, Almond, Coconut. We also have another brand we found in Tiramisu and Butter Toffee. Might have missed a couple, but those are the ones we have.
:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Postby alicatcyclist » June 29th, 2007, 9:27 am

I had a great day yesterday as well. I stayed within my calorie level and since it was raining out, I went to the gym and did 30 minutes on the cross trainer. I feel so energized after a work out. I got home and started cleaning my house.

I will be going out of town this weekend. I am taking my daughter to Angelo State to register her for college. I plan on finding a nice place to walk this evening and I am taking my music with me for the extra motivation. Tomorrow will be filled with walking all over campus so I am pretty confident I will get my exercise in.

Mike: I looked in my local grocery store but could not find the syrups. I will have to check out my local Starbucks, thanks for the info.

Bikipatra: Awww, sorry to hear about your cycling accident. Bless your heart. Don't feel bad, I think we have all had our share of embarassing moments. I remember the first time I rode my bike with the clip in pedals. I had totally forgotten that I was clipped in and I was riding up a steep hill in Bastrop, Texas. (this was part of the MS 150 ride from Houston to Austin). Well, as I slowly climbed the hill, it seemed to get steeper & steeper. I could not muster the energy to climb anymore and I eventually came to a slow stop. I attempted to just put my foot down and totally forgot that I was clipped in. Girl, I fell down in slow motion looking like a fool and several cyclists behind me slammed on their brakes to avoid me. That resulted in a 4 to 5 bike pile up as they all started wrecking into each other behind me. Ugggh, I wanted to crawl into a hole, but I was still clipped into my pedal. LOL (I would have had to drag the bike with me)!! LOL

I hope everybody has a great weekend. I will check back in on Sunday!!
alicatcyclist

Postby queenielou » July 2nd, 2007, 8:05 pm

Hey Ali,

Hope you had a good weekend. I hope to start going for bike rides soon. I'll be back to see how much you ride and looking for any other tips once I start.

Take care.
Start: 4/21/2007
queenielou
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Tawanda » July 3rd, 2007, 6:43 am

Hi Alicia, how are you doing?
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Mike » July 6th, 2007, 8:07 pm

Ali... where are ya?
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

Mike

Postby Mike » July 10th, 2007, 12:07 pm

....and one more time... oh where oh where has our Alicat gone?
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

Mike

Postby BerkshireGrl » July 10th, 2007, 5:16 pm

Wowie zowie, you are burning up the road on that bike! ;)

I'm kinda surprised you can burn that many calories (547 out of your intake of 1200) and not hit 'the wall'...

I would either be totally wiped out, or starving like crazy! Phew! The times I have burned major cals exercising (ahem, not at my current fat state) I have devoured SERIOUS buffets of food :lol:

What'd your doc say about your diet & exercise plan?

Hope you're doing okay! :D
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Previous

Return to My Journal