Aaaaaaaarrggggh! Finally messed up!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Postby VictoriousNat » October 26th, 2006, 10:24 am

Sojourner wrote:Silver Lining: now you know that the feelings of anger and disappointment you are experiencing are so not worth the temporary gratification you allowed. Live and learn, babe--that's what it's all about, right? Hopefully, the next time that the urge to indulge rears its ugly little head :twisted:, you'll remember how you're feeling right now and be able to smack it down.
:stickwack:

Kudos on jumping right back onto the wagon!

excellent point; so true
Nat
Start 8/24/06
Lost 34lbs and over 30 Inches. Regained 9lbs. Down 4lbs on vacation in Jamaica - yeehaw!
Waiting for Doctor's clearance to restart MF.
VictoriousNat
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Nancy » October 26th, 2006, 5:25 pm

Hi, KMR ~

:yippee: Yippy! :sheepjump: Skippy!

You are two-thirds of the way through it and will soon be entering the hallowed halls of Ketosisville, the wonderful place where flab burning occurs! :yay:

Oh, you're gonna make it all right. We have confidence in you. :cheermed:

Many people (including moi) have bar problems and there are times when I am feeling especially vulnerable and I put them away in an inconvenient place – so it takes effort to get them - I have to walk, open doors, and go out into the pantry to get them; it gives me time to ask myself why I am eating and if it is really necessary. I have saved myself from porking-out on bars that way.

We have a little glass cookie jar in our kitchen and I keep it filled with a variety of bars so that if we have company I can simply offer them a bar. I see them in there and for some people it might not be a good idea for you to do that but it works for me because I am conditioned to ask before I eat from the cookie jar! When I was a kid, my Momma kept the cookie jar filled with fresh-baked cookies. We could usually have them but we had to ask first. So when I see the bars in the jar, I mentally ask, “May I have a bar?” The Momma voice in me usually asks, “Is it time for your meal? Remember, we do not eat between meals.” That’s usually enough to send me scampering away.

I have some bars in the cargo net on my car door, we keep a couple upstairs in the family room and I have some in my office on a little ceramic tray but I also keep RTDs in my car and office. Primarily I use bars as a convenience food for me - when I am busy and don't have time to make a shake, oatmeal or a soup.

We try very hard to not have tempting grub in the house and yet I have sucked down plenty of stuff in the last couple of months to make my pants feel too snug! I hear (and feel) your pain!

The cool thing is this, we can have a do-over and your MakeMeThinner Friends are right here to encourage and cajole us along! :stroll: :stroll: :stroll:

P.S. Sojourner…you are two thirds of the way to your goal!

Wowsa!! :clap:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby ChattieCathy57 » October 26th, 2006, 6:04 pm

Hi Friend :wavie:

You were there to tell me not to beat myself up after my binge off MF ...
and mine was for 3 1/2 MONTHS!!
PLEASE dont get on yourself about it :)

I admire that you got right back in the very next day! :yes:
I (like others) would have been so upset that I would have gone for ...say ... 3 1/2 MONTHS! (HAHA)

We can do this!!
And we'll be thin by Springtime ~ and fitting into our teeny bathing suits by summer 2007!! :ukulele:

Hang in there!
Peace
Cathy :heart:

Start date: 3/26/06
Height: 5'6"

... a moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips!
ChattieCathy57
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby kmr » October 27th, 2006, 10:55 am

Thank you so much for the support Nancy and Cathy! I appreciate it! :hug:
kmr
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » October 27th, 2006, 8:13 pm

:bow: You're welcome!

Doin' fine-eroo today? :scratchhead:

Hey, Chattie, welcome back! :hug:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

You'll be fine!

Postby KimKim » October 28th, 2006, 11:09 am

QT2Lose45 wrote:Then i was in Publix yesterday and they had their freshly baked choco chip cookies (very, very good, might i add) on sale!!!! UUUGGHHHH! I even picked them up and looked at them... they sell 13 in a pack, and i seriously contemplated getting them, knowing that i would eat ALL 13 at once.... BUT somehow, and I don't know how, i resisted and made it through w/out cheating!

Oh, I can soooo relate to this! Why is it that I can't just have one small snack and leave it at that? Why must it be the entire package?

KMR, so proud of you for jumping back on. Listen, I had those smaller failures / challenges but when I jumped right back on, it was the greatest. Look at some of us who stopped for weeks at a time . . . hello?! . . . pat yourself on the back for jumping right back on. Three days of getting back into ketosis will not be a problem. Plus, I have the feeling that since some of it was on Medigrub, that it won't be as hard as you think. Usually, when we're just starting out, we're nowhere near as nutritionally sound as when we mess up in the middle. You'll be fine.

Kim
KimKim
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Previous

Return to Come on in.