Ok....messed up, but here again!@

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Ok....messed up, but here again!@

Postby brinkris » December 15th, 2004, 10:52 am

Hi all~
I must say, I love Medifast, but after 5 days (a week and a half ago), I fell off the MF wagon....I've been putting off writing on the site because I was kind of embarrassed. However, after reading everyone else's words of encouragement, even when we mess up, I felt I should write anyway. I was doing great, and then I had to go to Sly Park (a science camp, near Tahoe, CA) with the 6th graders (I'm a teacher) for 5 DAYS!!!! It was hard and I must say I didn't do so hot. BUT.....we (Brian and I) are back on the MF wagon! Day 3 again...I swear I've been on day 3 before? ;) But, I'm not going to beat myself up over it....I've done that before.....obviously it doesn't work or I'd still be wearing my size 9 jeans, right? I just don't want to avoid the site anymore....hopefully Brian won't be upset I threw him to the lions and told on him hehe :? Anyway, I love this site...it keeps me honest and VERY humble! Hope all is well with everyone. Keep shakin' it up!!!!! Krissie
brinkris

Postby Sylvia » December 15th, 2004, 11:35 am

Welcome back! Hopefully you know that you don't need to be embarrassed here. We're all here for the support and you will get it unconditionally. That doesn't mean you won't hear from Guido if you deserve it (and many of us have some guidoish tendencies every so often), but many of us have strayed and know exactly what you're dealing with. So do exactly what you did - fess up and get started again right away - this time for good!
Sylvia
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby brinkris » December 15th, 2004, 12:25 pm

Thanks Sylvia for your words of encouragement. I know other people mess up too....I guess I'm just tired of not sticking with things. Oh yah, I keep reading about Guido...who is that? I guess I'm not with it :lol: ! Anyway, thank you again, and I will continue to post just to keep myself positive and honest! Have a good one! Krissie
Brian
brinkris

Postby explorthis » December 15th, 2004, 4:20 pm

I keep reading about Guido...who is that?

Someone call me?.....

Krissie, Guido is the board’s alter-ego. The one (da-cement shooze guy) that comes out when someone needs a rear-kicking, or one of his board members is getting beat up by someone, and does not deserve it. Guido is here to keep us on the straight and narrow (really narrow).

You have just begun your (non Guido) journey, and came here confessing (or writing it) which is good. Guido comes out for visits when someone intentionally works hard on the program and just sabotages their progress and that of the other supporters on the board.

You are still new, and are realizing this program means business. It is not the easiest program, but due diligence will make you realize there is no other.

Keep strong, keep the Guido away…..

A Guido a day, does make the pain stay!!!

-Mike (aka Guido)
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby brinkris » December 16th, 2004, 11:44 am

Thanks Guido! I feel like I'm in the loop now! You're right, I'm new, but I feel like I am terrible at this diet..........bbq and beer keep whispering in my ear:( Maybe I should wear ear plugs :lol: Anyway, I'll keep posting.........I'm off for 2 weeks for Winter break.......I better get my butt in gear! Hope everyone's having a great week! Krissie
Brian
brinkris

Postby explorthis » December 16th, 2004, 12:50 pm

bbq and beer keep whispering in my ear

This whisper will haunt you long after Medifast is said and done. For now, N-O-W, tempt not the BBQ, or the beer. This loss will take a S-H-O-R-T time in the general scheme. Trust a fatty like me that was overweight (obesely) by well over 100 pounds his entire life, that this is a short time. Ask any of the boardies here that have started and stopped numerous times, what would have happened if they had not taken a break. It is NOT worth the restart.

Later, once the weight is gone, AND you have established new life long habits, you can reintroduce the Beer-B-Q. You will want to do it in moderation, because:

NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS THIN FEELS.

Trust me, I promise!

-Mike
explorthis

Postby coco » December 16th, 2004, 2:20 pm

yup, take Mike's advice.
If you just DO IT, as they say, it will be sooo much shorter and worth every minute of it. Take it from someone who screws this up a lot, in really dumb ways (who really wanted that cookie anyway?) if it is humanly possible for you to keep on going cheat-free, you will be rewarded big time.
~Coco
245/240.4/140
mini goal: 224
coco
Trusted Member

Postby Nancy » December 16th, 2004, 8:24 pm

Hi, Krissie ~

So...Bri messed up, too, huh? No worries, we won't tell you told.

Bri will probably figure it out 'though, as he does read and post here. I blab on Terry all the time - poor guy, he never knows it as> GULP< he doesn't read the Forum. Maybe Unca Tim rats on me...

Yeah, well spending five days with kids at a camp will surely drive anyone to drink. :mrgreen: JK (former teacher speaking)

It is really important to kiss yesterday buh-bye and say hullo to THIS new day. You two can do it! Since you have two weeks with no classes you can strive to be down 6-8 pounds the next time you see the kiddos.

Shake and slurp now and this summer we can have slurp n' burp at the BarBQ in your backyard!

BTW, did Bri tell you that he invited ALL the MakeMeThinner Forum Family of Friends and their relatives to your house for a pool party? It's in July and we can't wait!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Guest » December 17th, 2004, 8:35 am

Thanks all for the advice. I haven't really given into the bbq and beer....but the voices are still there. It's just little things that sneak up and then you find yourself going, "What the heck was I thinking?" Thanks Mike.....I know compared to all the time I've spent being miserable and self conscious, I could've lost 300 pounds:) I just keep telling myself this is going to work this time! Congrats on the weight loss by the way! That is so awesome! Did you have any set backs? Thanks Coco, you probably haven't really screwed up as much as you think you have. It just gets frustrating, but the self talk really works......even if everyone else is trying to shove brownies down you're throat......holidays, man, the food is too much!!!! Nancy, I did notice Brian invited everyone for the pool party. That's ok, the more the merrier......Daisy our dog might join the party too! We'll just keep truckin' along, as our old clothes begin to leave a trail behind us as we walk:) Now, that's a mess I wouldn't mind cleaning up:)!!!! Thanks again! I'm feeling so much better this week......Krissie :lol:

Postby explorthis » December 17th, 2004, 9:29 am

Did you have any set backs?

Setbacks? Not a one. Regrets? Yes - waiting 43 years to get off the dime and realize there is life after FAT - More life than I could ever begin to share here.

Don't be me. Don't tip-toe around this, GET IT DONE once and for all, forever.

-Mike
explorthis

Postby coco » December 17th, 2004, 9:55 am

"Get it done" (Mike)
Great motto
:D
~Coco
245/240.4/140
mini goal: 224
coco
Trusted Member

Postby Triskets » January 7th, 2005, 8:39 pm

Love the "GET IT DONE" Mike - Thanks :kool:
I'm going to print up a big copy of that saying and tape it to various walls in my house - good inspiration for me.
:hi5:
Trish
Pound by pound my weight is coming down!
Start over 2/9/2008
268/252
Triskets
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Return to The Weight Room