100 Days and 54 pounds later

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

100 Days and 54 pounds later

Postby Jeanette » February 17th, 2004, 8:34 am

Today marks my 100th day of being on Medifast. I wanted to share a few things I have learned along the way.

I have learned:
--I DO have it within myself to become healthier. I've had it all along (kind of like Dorothy always had the ability to get back to Kansas but didn't know it).
--It is worth it to forego birthday cake for a thinner body.
--There is nothing wrong with putting myself first. I am worth it!
--I have it within me to forego temptations and cravings.
--I am much stronger than I ever gave myself credit.
--Living more simply has helped clear my mind. (How much more simple can you get than making shakes five times a day?)
--I am beautiful, and grow more beautiful every day, but not the way you think. Because I believe in the inner beauty I possess, it is a major contributor to my outer beauty. See what I mean?
--While losing weight has improved my life greatly, I know I will never be free of the pain that comes along with living and being. But I will NO LONGER let it be a reason for me to abuse my body with crap!
--My journey will never totally end...I'll just end up hanging out in Thin City for awhile. But I will NEVER (repeat: NEVER) go back to where I was.

I can definitely attribute much of my success to this message board. Thanks to the MakeMeThinner Team for creating it! I have made some great friends and supporters through this board, but one in particular has stuck by me from Day 1, giving me whatever I needed that day, whether it be encouragement, food for thought, a laugh or a cyber butt-kicking! (Thanks, Mike!)

You're not getting rid of me that easy! I still have 106 lbs to go, so I'll be here for another hundred days at least. You're STUCK with me!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby moutoncove » February 17th, 2004, 8:53 am

Jeanette,

Sounds like you've come a long way and you got life by the <snip>Insert your fave descriptive word - UT</snip> now. It's going to be your way and you'll do anything to keep it that way. You're putting yourself first and that's a good thing. You're a very strong person. You're also a great inspiration to us all. I will follow in your footsteps because I know you won't let us down. You know what it takes and you do it. You will reach your goal. Congratulation on your 54#. I can't wait to get there myself - but all in due time. I think I'll just sit back and enjoy not making any food decisions right now. Maintenance will be another story, I'm sure.

Keep up the great work. You are awesome!

Brenda
moutoncove
Regular Member - #40 Club

Postby Indigo » February 17th, 2004, 8:54 am

Congratulations, Jeanette! What a milestone!!! :hi5:

Your posts have been so inspirational! I'm pleased we'll be stuck with you for a while longer . . . . :D
Laurie
2/14/04~ :heart:
247/222.4/150, ~modifasting~
Indigo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Re: 100 Days and 54 pounds later

Postby explorthis » February 17th, 2004, 9:13 am

Jeanette wrote:Today marks my 100th day of being on Medifast. I wanted to share a few things I have learned along the way.

I have learned:

--I DO
--It is worth it
--I am worth it
--I have it
--I am much stronger
--Living
--I am beautiful
--My journey

cyber butt-kicking! (Thanks, Mike!)

This is what its ALL about! Look at the words she used, on her own, words like: WORTH - JOURNEY - STRONGER - BEAUTY I don't remember in the beginning as the "journey" began hearing any of these words used...

Those that think they are struggling, look at a honest Medifaster, and see what CAN happen if you Y-O-U decide to make Y-O-U happen! Y-O-U are the ME in Medifast (Someone here says this on a regular basis)

It's obvious, Medifast works. I agree whole heartedly, without the support and fun of this board, the battle would be twice as long! There is nothing wrong with an ocassional Cybutt-kicking, we can all use it from time to time, me espically.

Be true to Medifast, just look at Jeanette's progress! She is so far along, she IS in it for the long haul. It does not happen overnight (someone also on this board continues to preach this) but it WILL HAPPEN!

One other thought for the "slow" losers.. Calculate her loss for example, I am not refeering to any "study's" or analysis but our own from the calculator figures:

100 days = 14.25 weeks, at 54 pounds this equals 3.79 pounds a week she is losing. Name me one weight loss program that can boast this....

I say: MEDIFAST - RESULTS ARE TYPICAL!

Congratulations, you deserve it. How about Red Lobster and a Chedd... Uh, never mind....

-Mike

P.S. Brenda, can you enlighten us a little more on:

Sounds like you've come a long way and you got life by the <snip>Insert your fave descriptive word - UT</snip> now

KIDDING!
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club

WOW!

Postby ErikaEastwood » February 17th, 2004, 10:40 am

WOW 100 days, you have came along way! I admire your strength. I am planning on being on this for about 2 months but I know it still is going to be alot of work to keep it off and thanks for the motivation, it gave me something to think about today to keep me going....
ErikaEastwood
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby elle4nelly » February 17th, 2004, 11:34 am

Go Jeanette! Go jeanette!
I am so proud of you beautiful woman!

I'm heading your way! By the way...went of my plateau after 3 days and lost 5lbs. The 1 month mark is coming...I'll let you how my 30 days went.

See ya all in ThinVille USA!

Nelly
Final Restart on Dec 18th
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Jeanette

Postby Maisie » February 17th, 2004, 11:47 am

Fabulous. You are an inspiration to many on this forum. What is really wonderful is reading the new mindset you have.

Maisie
Maisie
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby finalstraw » February 17th, 2004, 12:05 pm

Jeanette,

You were here when I arrived and you have been such an inspiration to me. I congratulate you and wish you even more success.

You do know, we ALL will need you and Mike around here as you move onto Maintenance.

Thanks for your support of all of us! :D
Stephanie

Rom 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes:

1st goal - 199 (I will change when I have met it)
Started 1/18/04 at 284
Currently 251.9
finalstraw
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby shineface » February 17th, 2004, 1:46 pm

Jeanette---

YOU are a truly amazing woman! You make me cry with your words and level of commitment! You are why this forum works -- everything you share helps another one of us on the road to success.

I am being as tough as I know how on this plan - have had no cheats - no lapses and if I even have a thought of one this is where I come. I can't tell you how many times I have gotten just what I needed to hear from you or other members of this forum -- I've identified you and Mike as the "DYNAMIC DUO" :buddies: --- with the commitment and ability to share information so honestly --- I want a commitment from both of you that you will never leave this forum ---- you are needed and I hope that you know we are all here for YOU.

Seems like COMMITMENT is what it's all about!!!!!

Together we will do this!!!!!
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Jeanette » February 17th, 2004, 2:17 pm

Thanks to all of you for your kind words. I don't think I have ever been told by anyone that I am an inspiration...very humbling....

And dont worry! I don't plan to go anywhere!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby explorthis » February 17th, 2004, 2:20 pm

Ditto. (about going anywhere)

-Mike
explorthis

Return to Weight Loss