I am 100# over wt.

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

I am 100# over wt.

Postby susan » October 16th, 2003, 2:38 pm

:cry: hey guys and gals I have been reading your messages and I have just decided to get busy and lose this fat.i have not got my first order yet but Tim ordered it for me. If it taste that bad it may be really hard for me. I have a weak stomach and i have diabetics and i really need to lose this wt. since i weigh 224#THATS 100#I HAFT TO TAKE OFF.so i need all the help and support i can get. so if any one can tell me what to mix it in to get it down with I'll try it.I am so happy for all of you that have loss wt. i have tried w.w. and alot of other diets that didn;t work this is my last chance at lossing wt. I had almost givin up hope on myself and then i talked to Nancy and it gave me hope to try again.I won;t tell any one either till they can see a difference in me I know there is a little person under all this flab some where cause there used to be.wish me luck and i will enjoy talking to all of you.Susan
susan

It Works!

Postby explorthis » October 16th, 2003, 3:58 pm

Susan, Welcome!!

First let me tell you, I am in no way affiliated w/Medifast, nor do I receive any compensation for commenting. The only thing I receive is satisfaction, and happiness that I am loosing. If I can pass this on to someone like you then this only adds to the gratification.

It WORKS I promise. Read my posts, all over this board. I hold nothing back started about 37 days ago at 340 something (6’3” male) and am about 295 now.

It takes commitment. I have started and failed 300 diets (including WW) nothing works. This does!!! And believe it or not, it is pretty easy, once you get started.

Give it a short time, it will get easier, and you will feel and see the difference.

I still have about 60-80 to go, but its far less than over 100 I began with.

The drinks are not that bad… Once you get them you will see. It’s only 6-8oz of water. They are not my favorite thing, but if my 2yo daughter wants a taste every night, then you can tolerate them!!!

Please post more as your success begins!!!

If you need someone to chat with, feel free to do it here, or email me personally.

-Mike
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Ellen » October 16th, 2003, 4:56 pm

Susan,
Welcome!! I'm positive that you will be glad you started this. I feel bad that I mentioned that I'm not very fond of the taste of the shakes. I sure don't want to scare anyone away! Believe me, I am the world's pickiest (is that a word??) eater. One reason I've never done a lot of diets is that there is no way I could eat some of that "diet food". A friend of mine brought this five day diet in to work last month. It had five days of food and you had to follow it exactly and not substitue anything. She and several other woman did it for five days. All I had to do is take one look at that plan and know that I couldn't do it. For lunch they had you eating a tomato with tuna in it. YUCK!! no way, no how, it would be a snowy day down in you-know-where before I'd eat that. The same thing goes with the old cottage cheese or fish or any of that yucky stuff. And I can tell you I'm sitting here right now drinking my Medifast Dutch Chocolate shake. So if I can drink it, you can too. I am still on a quest for ways to improve it and I'll post my success when I get them, but don't let fear of the shakes keep you from starting the best thing you'll ever do for yourself.

I'm waiting for Saturday to step on that scale again, but I'm really happy with my 11 pound loss for week one. Even if I can do 3 pounds a week from here till Christmas, I'll have lost around 35 pounds!! That will be wonderful!

You can do this!!
Ellen
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » October 16th, 2003, 5:40 pm

Hi Susan and welcome aboard,

Just a quick note to say that not all people think Medifast is yucky. In fact, most people I talk to enjoy the drinks. Course, there's always some people that can't hardly stand some flavors, but that's just human nature.

I actually look forward to my Joint Health shakes every day. If I had a choice between any kind of pop or soft drink, I'd choose my Medifast. Not because I know they're good for me, but because I really enjoy the taste. You may have to experiment with all the different flavors, but i'm sure you'll find some you enjoy.

I checked your order Susan, and it's "In transit" and "On Time" and is scheduled for delivery tomorrow the 17th. Keep us posted.

We're all pulling for you.
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

lossing

Postby susan » October 22nd, 2003, 2:51 pm

:D :D :D Tim, I am losing I will post my loss sat.morn. I really can;t believe it and you was right the shakes are ok .I put peppermint and orange flavors in shakes they are ok. this sat. will be my 1st. week and I am already happy with my loss .Susan
susan
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Donna » October 22nd, 2003, 6:39 pm

YOU CAN DO IT SUSAN!!! If I can do it anyone can.. My weigh in's are on saturday too. This is week two for me. My first week I lost 7.5 pounds. I hope this week will be just as good. But im not picky, any weight gone and I will be happy. I have been having a hard time getting all my food in (or i should say shakes) during the day. So I have worked a plan out and so far so good. I have 3yoa twins and start my day early and go to bed early. I do my 3 shakes during the day, I have a fast soup at work, and maybe a pickle or crackers for a snack. At night when I eat dinner with my family I have oatmeal. Now if it is a night I have to go to bed early, then I have been doing two oatmeals at one time. That makes me full and I sleep like a baby all night long. It if is a night that I dont go to bed early then just one oatmeal and a shake later. So far so good. i dont know if it is a good thing I eat the two oatmeals together, but on those days that time is not on my side,its the best i can do. If not I would have 3 shakes a pickle and a fast soup with crackers. And I know that is not enough. Oh well. I wish you well and will check back on saturday to see your post.. :lol:
Donna

wt.

Postby susan » October 23rd, 2003, 4:18 pm

Donna, I am really happy with this program .I think I am doing Ok .of course i am on the modified plan because of the diabetics but it has really helped my sugar I am running in the normal ranges and that is wonderful I hope to never haft to take this medicine for diabetics again . I also think the shakes are pretty good not that bad I can do them and I will post my wt. sat. morn. lets all hang in here till we get to our goals. Susan :D :D
susan
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Try mixing with Diet Faygo

Postby broered » November 12th, 2003, 1:55 pm

Here's a trick we used when we did Optifast. Mix the shake with any of the million flavors of diet faygo. Mix with ice in a blender gives a more shake-like substance and the chunks of ice are good things to crunch on if you miss crunching things. You can make all sorts of concoctions by adding flavor extracts like vanilla or cocoanut to the Faygo mix.
Good luck.

PS you'll need to check with Terry & Nancy about the flavor extracts as I'm not sure they're allowed With Medifast.
Dave
broered

Return to Weight Loss