Zucchini Boats

Add your favorite recipes.

Zucchini Boats

Postby lifelovinaries » January 13th, 2008, 9:55 am

Can i tell you i had the BEST L&G last night that i have had in a while! I made Zucchini Boats. I have not yet found a good recipe converter (so i dont know EXACT NUTRITION) but everything was OP.

3 MED zucchini
1/2 c. lowfat cottage cheese
1/2 c. cheddar/monterey cheese
1 egg
1 tbsp dried chives
salt and pepper to taste

Optional:
1/2 c. ground turkey
1 c. diced tomatoes

boil zucchini for 5 mins. slice in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds. place zucchini "boats" in a shallow baking dish. mix together the other ingredients and fill the "boats". Bake at 350 for about 30 mins (at least til a little bubbly). To this recipe, i added a 1/2 c. ground turkey to the mixture (for more protein) and after i filled the boats, i topped it off with about 1 c. diced tomatoes.

Since the boats are filled with no more than about 2tbls mixture each, i needed additional protein (that little bit of cottage cheese n ground turkey wasn't enuff for plan). So I broiled scallop (the big ones). Jeez, i TRULY enjoyed my dinner last night! Keep in mind that this makes 6 boats. I estimate a serving for us (on weightloss) would be about 2 boats and additional protein. When i told my mom about it, she asked "well what did you do with the stuff you scooped out?"...I threw it away. She said "I would have added it into the mixture to stuff the boats with" Well DUH! Why didn't i think of that? It would do no harm and would help "beef up" the mixture a little bit. If you guys try it, i hope you enjoy it as much as i did. Reminded me of a vegetable lasagne. It is extremely simple and quick to make.

I guess i really should have searched to see if a zucchini boat recipe was on here before i posted one but even if it was, here's another! If someone has a recipe nutrition converter...would you mind? I really would like to see the nutrition of one boat.

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby rodeomom » January 13th, 2008, 2:38 pm

Don't forget you can always call nutrition support and they will help you figure out how much of something like this you can have to count for a full L&G. I had a recipe that I wasn't sure about and they were great!
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to Lean Cuisine