Zuchini Boats

Add your favorite recipes.

Zuchini Boats

Postby supermom » June 9th, 2006, 6:39 pm

Okay--Tonite I made zuchini boats. They were DELICIOUS!!

Cut one zuchini in half length wise
Scoop out the seeds, but leave most of the flesh intact
Spray the "boat" inside and out with Mazola non stick extra virgin olive oil spray, sprinkle with onion powder

Filling:
Slightly brown 5 ounces of ground turkey or chicken (you can use beef or pork, but reduce the amount to 4 ounces) {double the amount if you want to cook both "boats" at one time}
Drain well
Mix with 1 well beaten egg white, some low fat or fat free mozzerella cheese, and 1/3 cup low sodium, sugar free tomato sauce
Season as desired (I used garlic powder, onion flakes, white pepper, Mrs. Dash garlic and herb)

Put the mixture into the "boats"

Place boats in a shallow baking dish sprayed with non stick spray, cover with foil, bake for 20-25 minutes at 350 (ovens vary, so the time and temp will as well. Just don't let the zuchini get too soft)
During the last five minutes of cooking, remove the foil and sprinkle finely crushed MF veggie crackers over the boats. Spray with ICBINB spray. Continue to cook 5 minutes, or until the crackers are slightly browned.

Eat and enjoy!!!
supermom
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Janae » June 9th, 2006, 8:07 pm

Thanks, Laurie!

Sounds like a wonderful way to use that bountiful crop of zucchini that will be ready here soon.

Do you like stuffed peppers and have you ever done a MF redipe for them?

Your family must really appreciate your good cooking!

Blessings-
J
Janae

Postby supermom » June 9th, 2006, 8:20 pm

Yes, we like stuffed peppers. I like to stuff them with cheese and spinach, the medifast way. The non medifast way consists of bread crumbs, eggs, wild rice, tomatoes, beef, spices and cheese. Not really for the medifast plan, though. Sometimes I even use canned chunk lite chicken, some chipotle ranch dressing, mozzerella cheese and mushrooms and stuff cooled roasted bell peppers or even raw bell peppers with this. It makes a nice cool summer meal. This would be good in the zuchini as well.
Last edited by supermom on June 9th, 2006, 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
supermom

Postby Janae » June 9th, 2006, 8:40 pm

I've never tried them cold, but that sounds good for a hot summer evening meal...picnic, etc.

Thanks-
J
Janae

Postby Mike » June 9th, 2006, 9:59 pm

I remember stuffed peppers made in much the way that we made stuffed zucchini. Essentially we made meatloaf and put it in cleaned out bell peppers and topped with ketchup (or tomato paste) and baked it much like the stuffed zucchini. If you like bell pepper and meatloaf, you would like that.
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to Lean Cuisine