Woot dot com

Give us the skinny in the losers lounge.
(Anything off topic)

Woot dot com

Postby Serendipity » August 18th, 2006, 1:41 pm

If you haven't checked out this sight, do, because it's great. (Thanks for the tip, Robin) They have a different thing for sale each day for a ridiculous price and when it's gone, it's gone....did I spell reedickulus right, Manly?

I haven't even bought anything, but it is so fun to read the commentary. The writers are a hoot!
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby ascicles » August 18th, 2006, 3:08 pm

You spelled it correctly, and yes, Woot is a great website. The really good things sell out FAST, which sucks for me, because I'm on the east coast. The new deals don't go up until 1 am.

I always hope to be up on a night when a bag of crap* goes on sale, but I've never been able to get one :(

* Every so often, they have a "mystery deal" where you pay a buck for a random order. Usually people get things ranging from stuffed animals to broken laptop computers. Quite often, there are some really good things that are sent out.
Last edited by ascicles on August 18th, 2006, 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Start Date: 3/6/06

390/280/185

- Manly McMuscles
ascicles
Preferred Member - #110 Club
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby DogMa » August 18th, 2006, 3:09 pm

I love the Woot!!!

Have you been following the woot-off? Every month or so (they never tell you ahead of time), they have a woot-off. They post stuff till it sells out, and then they post the next item. Some stuff goes in two minutes, some goes in two hours. And it's all very random stuff. Right now there's an Aero-Bed for sale. The item before this was a home drug test, and before that I think it was golf clubs.

I got a cordless mouse and a set of Bluetooth-enabled cordless phones.

Oh, and then of course there's the occasional Bag of Crap. They don't tell you what's in it, and everyone gets different stuff. A few people get something really good. Some people get like eight stuffed panda bears from some old Panda Express promotion. Weird. But they go really fast. I haven't gotten one yet, but I REALLY want one. Just once. It's $8, you get at least three things plus some sort of bag/case. Plus $5 shipping. Everything they sell is $5 shipping. (The only bad part is they're in Texas, and so am I, so I have to pay sales tax and other people don't. But I also get my stuff faster usually.)

Previous purchases:
Dock and portable speakers for my iPod
Bluetooth headphones for my iPod
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to What's Shakin'