fitday dot com???

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

fitday dot com???

Postby Amber » September 2nd, 2006, 3:43 pm

Howdy Hi Losers-
I've recently joined in on the fitday dot com phenom. I'm thinking ahead and figure it'll be a big assist during transition & maintenance...
Has anyone purchased the PC version? If so, what is your opinion?
Has anyone discovered a better or different tracking tool?
All thoughts appreciated!
Thanks-
Amber

Goal Met November 1, 2006
#44, 23 weeks
Amber
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Elizabeth » September 2nd, 2006, 6:04 pm

I use fitday. You can use it for writing your journal. I use the calendar for writing down goals/dates etc. I like it . I use the free version.
Elizabeth
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby PJinCali » September 3rd, 2006, 1:56 am

I ordered the PC version but have not yet received it. I'll let you know once I install and use it for a couple weeks. :lol:

PJ
20#5-21 - 120# forecast 3-3
40#7-09 - 130# forecast 4-2
60#8-31 - 140# forecast 5-2
80#10-22- 150# forecast 6-2
100#12-30 – 160# forecast 7-2
110# forecast 1-29
PJinCali
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby BerkshireGrl » September 3rd, 2006, 12:13 pm

Amber,

Hello! I used the free version for a few weeks and liked that it can be made "public" by providing a link in your signature file... can't do that in the PC version since all the data is stored on your PC not a public server...

But what I did not like about the free version was that entering foods made from a recipe is a real pain in the tuckus! You have to figure out manually what percentage of each ingredient you just ate and enter them separately as "whole foods" (like flour, sugar, tomatoes, etc.)

The PC version lets you create a recipe, how many servings are in it, and then you just tell it how many servings you ate... poof, all done!

You can also create custom foods in the PC version, which I don't think you can in the free version. Like say, MF Dutch Chocolate 55 Shakes! :lol:

I think the PC version is totally worth the small cost. Plus it has all kinds of neat tracking tools, like measurements, weight, and lets you create graphs based on them. And you can see how much of X you ate over X days or weeks, from carbs to Vitamin A to Copper... you can get really OCD over what you ate and drank hehehe!

There is a little "tour" you can take online of all the features in the PC version. Also, I had to ask their customer service a question and they got back to me almost within minutes and were very thorough with answering the question... I was impressed. I had asked them why the software rounded up or down fractions in data entry when entering label info, and they told me it only does that on the surface for uniformity, but really, it does tracks fractions and uses them to calculate any multiples... in case you're a data nut like me! ;)

Summary: great piece of software!
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Postby DogMa » September 3rd, 2006, 3:17 pm

You can add custom foods in the free version, too. For recipes, I add each thing as a custom food, then total it up and create a new custom food with the totals. Then I just I put in how many servings I had of the full recipe.

I've used the free version for about three years, since the last time I low-carbed. Didn't use it on Medifast since there wasn't much to track, but now that I'm transitioning, I use it every day.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to The Weight Room