Woot :)

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Woot :)

Postby Kauket » March 24th, 2005, 5:31 am

So My MIL is one of those that is ALWAYS on a diet. She cheats like crazy and can ever understand why she never loses weight. (I dunno, could it be that slice of cake with extra icing while on Atkins? Maybe it was those 3 rolls you just ate.) Anyway, I had always tried really hard to not talk about diets and stuff with my girls because I didn't want them to get a complex and be one of those 5 year olds obsessing because they're 2 lbs overweight. :P

When she first found out I was on medifast she did her usual good luck, I can never loose any weight, don't know why... I'm totally compliant! I saw my MIL last night after not seeing her for about 2-3 weeks and she kept asking me about medifast and how much weight I've lost. It was very 8)

So.. I'm setting a good example for my kids (That you CAN lose weight if you get a good program and you stick with it) and maybe even showing up my MIL a little. (And after all the times she's tried to do it to me, she deserves it, just a little) :) :twisted:
Began 2/16/05
253/228/??
Kauket
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby raederle » March 24th, 2005, 7:00 am

Congrats, Kauket!!! I totally sympathize with the MIL situation; my mom has been overweight and miserable for the last 20 years, and has been complaining incessantly about how she can't lose weight no matter what she does. Her "diet," however, consists of eating two supposedly Atkins-friendly meals per day and then binging on beer and bread on the weekends. Very frustrating!

You deserve to revel in your success! Go girl! Maybe the example you set will help your MIL see the light and she can start helping herself instead of sabotaging herself and blaming the diet.
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Return to The Weight Room