With every household cooking Ham for Easter......

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

With every household cooking Ham for Easter......

Postby itsgonnaworkthistime » March 25th, 2005, 9:45 am

Is Ham okay for the "lean" portion of the meal, or are we to avoid Ham at all costs......

Maura
Start Date: 1/2/2007
itsgonnaworkthistime
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby monkeymom » March 25th, 2005, 6:46 pm

I wondered the same thing Maura. But since a lean pork chop is ok, I don't see why ham would not be. The only difference is the curing.
We are bbq'ing though, so I don't have to worry about it :)
Vicki
255 - 1/29/08
monkeymom
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » March 26th, 2005, 2:04 am

Maura ~

Sure, it's fine! Most hams these days are really quite lean. The :twisted: killer hams are the ones from the Honey Baked Store or those that are encrusted with: twisted: brown sugar...way too carby, Kids!

Avoid taters - they really spike your blood sugar and send ya on a trip to the moon, then you crash and start seeking more :twisted: things like bread, cookies, and oh my! :shock: PIE!!

Stick with green veggies - cooked or raw. It is better to have a pile of salad that fills your dinner plate and a nice serving of ham with all visible flab cut off (you could even have a boiled for part of your protein serving) than a serving of potatoes, coleslaw and biscuits.

Prepare some sugar free Jell-O – make two different colors and create a parfait in a beautiful glass goblet. Eat it with your pinky finger extended. If you are very careful and do not pork out on a load of :twisted: things, the you could add a teensy dollop of Fat Free Cool Whip to your sugar free parfait and enjoy while thinking thinny thoughts of summer! :chef:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Come on in.