Why do feel do tired?

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Why do feel do tired?

Postby Liz » January 14th, 2008, 8:25 pm

Ok I'm so exhausted today. I have been on the program exactly one week. I felt great all week till today.
I lost 10lbs my first week! Why do I feel this way

Yesterday I did a 4 and 1, I missed a meal could that make me so exhausted??

Also I amout of pudding canI use the Jello ?

It is 60 calories, 1 fat 13 carbs ??? Any thoughts?
Liz
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby rodeomom » January 14th, 2008, 8:32 pm

Hey there. Yes missing a meal can affect you like that. You REALLY need that nutrition. Also, no you can't replace any MF supplement with Jello. It might look good on the surface, but you will miss out on the nutrition of the meals. It is VERY important. Since you are out of pudding, use a shake, hot chocolate, cappuchino ANY MF supplement until you get more pudding.
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby lifelovinaries » January 14th, 2008, 9:14 pm

Just to add a little...any jello consumed MUST be sugar free! Also, it counts as a snack. I think you posted nutrition for regular jello. SF jello has 8 calories, no carbs. Gotta watch that sugar level to remain in ketosis.

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Jello

Postby Liz » January 14th, 2008, 9:21 pm

It says sugar free;but it is jello pudding
13 total Carbs ..1 fiber 7 sugar alcohol .

I'll do a supplement next time instead.

Can I use the above a s a snack?
Liz

Postby Mike » January 14th, 2008, 9:44 pm

Jello pudding has lactose... so its still not good. It will keep you from fat-burning. Even sugar alcohols, although great for diabetics and keeping insulin spiking down, still count as calories because they are digested.. just slowly.

Snacks that are okay are listed in the Qucik Start Guide... Medifast crackers, or soy crisps, pickles, SF jello, SF popcicles, celery (with a little salsa), etc. Carbs are the key... if you have extra real sugar it will keep you from fat burning.

Also, you gotta get in that last medimeal, even if you think its too late. You can eat on this program inside an hour of going to bed, its not like the old standard of don't eat after 8. So, make sure its 5-1.

Have a great day tomorrow.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Postby DogMa » January 15th, 2008, 8:48 am

What everyone else said.

But I just wanted to add, sometimes tired is just tired. Didn't you get tired sometimes before Medifast? I think people tend to attribute everything to the plan, when sometimes we just get tired or get headaches or get hungry or whatever. All that stuff is just a part of life, and it doesn't always have anything to do with what you did or didn't eat. I'm on maintenance now and don't eat Medifast products anymore. But I still have days when I'm hungry and days when I'm not (without ever being in ketosis), and I have days when I'm full of energy and days when I have to drag myself out of bed. It's perfectly normal.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa

Postby rodeomom » January 15th, 2008, 10:19 am

Robin brings up a great point! If someone gets the flu right after they start Medifast they can't blame it on the program right? It is true that you may have gotten fatigued with or without that last medimeal. You still need to get it in though!
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom

Let my son have the puddings

Postby Liz » January 19th, 2008, 7:51 am

Let my 15 years eat the puddings. I since that day did the 5-1 plan.

Feel better, Robin of course I get where you are going and agree.

But this was no ordinary tired. Clearly missing the 5th meal early in the program was the issue. I amafullof energy person from the minute I wake till I go to bed. But when my head hits the pillow I am gone.

Thank you all for your input. I am feeling good and down 13 lbs
in my first 12 days.
:D :D :D :D :D
Liz

Postby Mike » January 19th, 2008, 10:55 am

I started a reply in here, and it turned into a rant to myself about what I should be doing... so I posted that in my journal.

Just know, yes we get tired sometimes, and sometimes its because we aren't following the plan right, and sometimes its just life.

Stick to the plan and things will be better.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Postby Joy » January 20th, 2008, 12:15 pm

I was exhausted from day 8-13; so much so, that I had to have a nap and go to bed early. I came through it and stuck to the plan. It could have been a girly thing or just the lowering of cals that I wasn't used to.

Be sure you are taking a good mulit vit along with your MF.

regards,
joy
Joy
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Return to Weight Loss