Why did I gain? :(

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Why did I gain? :(

Postby Adriana » May 31st, 2006, 6:47 am

HELP! :cry: I need some serious encouragement. I've been complient with MF 100% and I started out at 250 on may 24, weighed in on sunday at 240, and since today is my official weigh in day i'm at 242. WHat happened why did i gain 2 pounds? I haven't cheated at all and i've been drinking my water like i should be doing. why did i gain and not lose?
Adriana
250/225/199
Start date 5/24/06
Adriana
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Lauren » May 31st, 2006, 7:34 am

Adriana, breathe! :-) You didn't gain at all, you lost 8 pounds, which is amazing! If you had gained, you would be at 252!

Weight fluctuations are the reason so many people only weigh in once a week, because seeing the scale move (often dramatically) can make you crazy.

I weigh every day (more than once, I admit), but have the foresight to know not to have an emotional attachment to the number, I just use it as a guide. There could be a million reasons why your weight moved two pounds, but fluid retention is likely a culprit.

Just keep on following exactly as you are, drinks tons of water, eat your MF every 3 hours, be aware of portion sizes in your L&G, and I PROMISE that you will see the scale continue to go down.

Remember, Adriana, you lost 8 POUNDS in 7 days. That's freakin' fantastic!!

Lauren
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Postby Sarya » May 31st, 2006, 8:18 am

I've been weighing myself everyday just to see what kind of fluctuations I go through. It's normal, especially for us girls, to fluctuate. It could be anything! It could be your cycle, sodium intake, how much you've slept..

You did lose 8 pounds in a week, and that's fabulous! Just keep in your head that you have a net loss and go from there :)

--S
Sarya
Preferred Member - #40 Club

why did I gain?

Postby celticmelody » May 31st, 2006, 10:00 am

I weigh myself once a day too.

BUT

I write the weight down & then forget about it. At the end of the week, I take a 7 day average just like we did in college science classes. My doctor seconded the practice.

This gives me a more accurate week to week weightloss and keeps me from lying to myself or making myself crazy.
216/203/135
celticmelody

Postby falisamarie » May 31st, 2006, 11:19 am

It is ok honey. Weight flucuates for all sorts of reasons and like Lauren said you did not gain at all you lost overall and that is what counts.

You are doing great and you are 8 pounds lighter than you were just a week ago!

Stick with it....you can do this

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby DogMa » May 31st, 2006, 2:24 pm

I weigh every day and take the lowest one as my weight that week.

Fluctuations happen all the time. Chances are you'll be down those 2 pounds - and a bunch more - in a day or so.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Bonnie » May 31st, 2006, 4:22 pm

Hi Adriana

I have faced that same thing a few times myself. It used to make me mad :x :x

Then I found out that I was doing something wrong. I was exercising too much and it slowed my weight loss down.

If you were not exercising before you should not start until week 3. To understand how much exercise you should do you will want to read Page 7 in your Quick Start book that you got with your products.

Stick to the program and your weight will come off!!!

Feel free to PM me with more questions or post your questions on the forum. We are all in this together... :goteam:
I lost 50lbs Through Take Shape for Life

Bonnie Wills
Bonnie
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Diana » May 31st, 2006, 5:54 pm

Hang in there, Adriana!

For some reason, I almost always show a gain on Monday or Tuesday after weighing on Sunday. :x I don't know if it's the sitting or the stress or a reaction to any activity I may have done on the weekend. I'm clueless. But it almost always happens. (In fact, the only time it hasn't was 2 weeks ago when it should have because I was in the car almost constantly from Friday afternoon to Sunday night. Go figure! :scratchhead: )

Fret not, though. If you're body's like mine, it will show a loss at some point. And for weeks when the gain is "premature," I just go with the last lowest weight.

I know it'a a challenge, but look at the larger picture. On average, are we headed in the right direction? I'm about to pack up ANOTHER size!! People are making comments, and my 70 sixth graders who can't seem to figure out what's going on have decided my hair is longer. So, as long as my hair keeps getting longer, I've decided to not worry about the fluctuations (sp? -- I teach math).
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby sheila » May 31st, 2006, 7:42 pm

I know you dont think so right now, but you ARE doing good. Just keep up the good work, and it will come off.
sheila
sheila
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Elke » May 31st, 2006, 8:20 pm

WOW 8 lbs in 1 week, that is truley awesome. Keep it up and don't worry about the numbers so much. I'll almost bet that if you weigh again tomorrow it will be different.
Elke
Preferred Member - #10 Club

ticker

Postby intobethin » May 31st, 2006, 9:12 pm

Elke wrote:WOW 8 lbs in 1 week, that is truley awesome. Keep it up and don't worry about the numbers so much. I'll almost bet that if you weigh again tomorrow it will be different.

I have the ticker factory, how do I change it when I lose a few?
intobethin

Postby Arklahoma » May 31st, 2006, 11:56 pm

Don't sweat the small stuff. You're doing great!!!
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to Come on in.