100% on program and still had a gain?

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

100% on program and still had a gain?

Postby smiller » November 13th, 2005, 7:32 am

How does this happen? 11 days on program, lost 11 lbs in first 4 days, next 7 - gained 2.5 lbs. 100% on program, no cheating, doing everything I'm supposed to, what is the deal? This is very discouraging and frustrating. I have no problem gaining on my own, that's why I'm here. Here's my eating plan, let me know if you see anything wrong.

8am - cappicino or chai latte
10:30am - shake or soup
1:30 pm - soup
4:30pm - bar
7:00pm - lean and green (usually turkey or chicken with caul/broc or asparagus)
9:00pm - pudding or chai latte or soup (usually with crackers)
Keep looking up, blessings on you, Sheila M.
Psalm 40

Restart 11/2/05
238.8/228.2/175

smiller
Regular Member - #10 Club

Weight going the wrong direction

Postby Jan » November 13th, 2005, 8:33 pm

Hi smiller,
Weight loss is a strange thing. Our bodies part with the pounds at their own rate. Make certain you are drinking all your water -- this can slow weight loss. My guess would be that since you have been 100% compliant on program and gained 2 1/2 pounds that it is water weight. Many things can attribute to this: hormones, stress, lack of sleep, etc.
I would advise you to remain 100% compliant, drink lots of water, stay off the scale for a week or so and then weigh again. The extra pounds should be gone plus maybe a couple more. We all have the ups and downs-- that's why the scale can be sooooo discouraging. :( The program works -- I'll bet you are parting with the pounds -- but your body has added a little fluid retention for some reason.
We'll keep checking on you.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » November 14th, 2005, 5:16 pm

Hi, Smiller ~

Isn't that the pits? Yup, I've had that happen, too - usually it is from lack of rest, elevation in stress hormones and estrogen fluctuations. I had a 14 pound fluctuation recently - my ankles looked like they belonged to someone else! In three days it was gone. Drink plenty of water, avoid diet pop (if you've had any) and give your body some time to do its thing. We all release weight at different rates. Some people can really hang on to water if they eat pickles or have bouillon but the latter is sometimes needed in the early stages of Medifasting to replace sodium.

Your schedule looks good in terms of the timing of the packets and the products. The only thing you may want to consider is to have a bar every other day until your body gets into the routine of releasing weight.

Keep a record of your weight loss over the course of a month or two - you may be one of those people who have a week like that every month. Our daughter's pattern is to lose about 4 pounds, stay the same for a week, lose 1-2 pounds, stay the same for a week or go up a pound or two and then lose 4 pounds. We each have our own weight loss schedule and it is up to our body to set its pace and unfortunately, it does not follow our will!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to The Weight Room