Why are the Crackers Okay?

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Why are the Crackers Okay?

Postby kmcgrath38 » May 12th, 2006, 9:34 am

Could someone explain to me why it's okay to eat the MF crackers, which contain 12g of carbs and 1 g of protein, but not non-MF products with similar nutritional profiles (i.e., a couple of croutons in my salad)?

Thanks,
Katie
kmcgrath38

Postby Arklahoma » May 12th, 2006, 9:47 am

Hi Katie ~ I don't know this for a fact, so don't quote me, but I believe it's for simplicity. People probably tend to do better with instructions like, "eat this, this, or this" as opposed to "you can have 12 extra carbs in addition to your five MF meals, so happy eating". Structure is very good for most people ... I know it is for me.

Just my Image
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby MusicalMomma » May 12th, 2006, 10:01 am

Yeah, I have to agree with Arklahoma. I think it's mainly for simplicty sake. Plus you can trust the quality of medifast products and they don't contain trans fat (which is in a lot of other crackers/croutons and such).
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby DogMa » May 12th, 2006, 11:46 am

Exactly. I think it also avoids any slippery slopes and carb creep and all that. If you can control yourself around non-Medifast foods like that, it's probably OK for you. But for most of us, if we could control ourselves with regular food, we wouldn't BE here.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Jan » May 12th, 2006, 7:18 pm

You are all exactly right!! Those little MF crackers come packaged in just the right amount. Now I know we could open two packages but at least it slows us down somewhat. Plus we know that one package is exactly what we're " supposed" to eat. As to other crackers, croutons ect. Hmmmm in goes the hand out comes who knows how many and sometimes we put the hand right back in again because "we didn't get quite enough the first time". Then we get the dreaded "disease" Robin talked about .... carb creep!!! :mrgreen:
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Return to Weight Loss