Out of Crackers??!!

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Out of Crackers??!!

Postby Susynne » January 21st, 2006, 10:15 am

Okay, quick and probably stupid question.... :oops:

I ran out of crackers :x before my reorder got here, and can't stand some of the soups without them....Could I have two or three saltines or some other plain cracker no fat kind of thing instead, just once or twice, until my crackers get here? Not as a regular substitution of course....
I can suck it up and eat the soup without them...but enjoying it is half the battle for me, and I MISS MY CRACKERS! :sadblue:

Gosh, I feel like I'm requesting permission to do something really aweful. Hubby heard me complaining and wondering about the saltines and told me to ' ask your forum friends'......was he avoiding telling me what I don't want to hear? :cry:

Thanks once more.....
Susynne
:rose: :rose: :rose:
Grateful starving artist........

Susynne
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby BerkshireGrl » January 22nd, 2006, 8:12 am

I suggest WASA - you know, those big funky Swedish cracker boards? (aka "crispbread") ;)

One (1) of them is about the same as a packet of MF crackers nutrition-wise... not nearly as carby as saltines! :mrgreen: I eat the Fiber one myself, helps to keep everything moving hehehe!
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Postby Susynne » January 22nd, 2006, 9:06 am

Couldn't remember the name of those, but having a swedish gramp they were ALWAYS around, and I love them...

Thanks both of you for your imput, yes, very wise hubby.
Yes, better choice, just for a day or two I guess...maybe....if I absolutely can't resist it won't kill me I guess....trying to resist...

Appreciate the feedback, THANK YOU!
Susynne

Susynne

Postby Serendipity » January 22nd, 2006, 9:52 am

If it was me, Susynne, I would wait for the MF order. Enjoy the other supplements for a few days. Even if the makeup of the crackers is similar to the MF snack, psychologically, for me it is off the plan. One little step could add up to another and another and another for me. That's just me for what it's worth.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby Lauren » January 23rd, 2006, 7:38 am

I am totally and completely with Jo and Vicky on this one! There a million things we start to rely on during MF (just read Gwenski's waiting for bars posts!), but we can not start replacing them with "real" foods, or you are cheating yourself of the MF process. Whether you are psychologically cheating or physically cheating, it introduces a real carb to your palette, and why would you want to do that?

I had a friend ask if I wanted to try one piece of this tiny candy. Tiny. One piece. In all reality, it wouldn't have any impact whatsoever physically on my diet. But I said no, because I don't want to re-introduce those flavors and ideas into my life. Our tastes change on MF, and we find ourselves loving and enjoying simple things, like the flavor of lettuce without dressing, and the glory of steamed chicken without sauce. You are messing with this adjustment in your taste buds if you bring new items (especially carbs!) into the fold. Why do it? Is it that important?

Just eat some celery or cucumbers, drink your soups, and wait for the crackers. They're coming soon, don't fret!

And stick to it 100% or you won't get 100% of the benefits!

Lauren
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Postby Susynne » January 23rd, 2006, 9:22 am

LESSON LEARNED!> NEVER let your MF stash get depleted!!!! :oops:

Thanks for all of your help....Crisis averted. :lol:
Susynne

Susynne

Postby Susynne » January 23rd, 2006, 1:30 pm

Nope, didn't know how, or that I could, order thru this site...hmmmmm Will have to look into that.

You ladies have all been wonderful and I appreciate the support so very very much. Like a kid getting caught in cookie jar when they knew it almost dinner time....Just the reminder I needed.

Everyone here is so wonderful, and again I truly thank each of you.
Susynne

Susynne

Postby Gwenski » January 23rd, 2006, 4:47 pm

Congrats on staying strong! Trust me I know how crummy it feels to not have access to something we have come to depend on.

Makes you wonder how things were way WAY back in the day. I think you wore your cross well and passed the test.

The whole not getting what we want and when we want it sure is a different mindset.

Trust me, always over order on your MUSTS....the tears and long minutes until the box arrives, is just something SO not worth it!

CHEERS! ;)
Gwenski

Began July 6, 2005 & Originally lost 131.19#'s
New Start Date: November 8, 2008
Gwenski
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby BerkshireGrl » January 23rd, 2006, 7:36 pm

I just wanted to agree that adding "real" foods not on the ok list is tricky... I understand where you all are coming from.

But... Wasa in and of itself is not a Bad Food. Eat more than 2 max, you're getting into trouble. Just like if you ate 2 cracker packets. Or slathered it in peanut butter :twisted:

Wasa, depending on the flavor, have 40-60 calories each. The MF crackers are 55 calories per bag.

On carb content, well, the MF crackers have 12 grams per bag, and each Wasa "Fiber" flavor has 4.7 carbs, Wasa "Original" has 7.4 carbs.

Our esteemed leader Nancy has even posted a couple times of using it herself to, ahem, keep everything regular ;) If you search for "Wasa", you can read her thoughts on it.

Certainly if you are of the opinion that nothing but Medifast branded products are to be eaten while you do this, you can avoid a slippery slope of when to walk the line ;)

But at the same time, for some people, 'close seconds' can sub in when needed. All up to you!

Peace out :headphones2:
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Postby Susynne » January 29th, 2006, 5:02 pm

Thank you Sarah for the information and 'lesson'.
I guess it depends on how well you can trust.

I know I can trust myself.
Yet I understand the train of thought that says any sub is a nono.

So, to each his own, know yourself, and don't run out of anything!
Susynne

Susynne

Ordering samples?

Postby Blondie » February 1st, 2006, 9:42 am

Hi Vicky,
You mentioned that we can order samples or place orders on this site.
How do you do that? I thought we had to order directly from Nancy?
:?: :lol:
Thanks,
Maria
Blondie

Return to Weight Loss