WHEW! I Hiked Diamond Head!!!!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

WHEW! I Hiked Diamond Head!!!!

Postby sheila » June 5th, 2006, 1:54 pm

Hi everyone. I have missed the boards this weekend, but I have been very busy. We have lived here in Hawaii for a little more than 2 years now, and had never hiked Diamond Head, partly because of my weight gain, and partly because of hubby's weight gain. Plus we were in a car accident right after moving here, and I had to have 2 surgeries following that. But anyways, I finally was able to hike Diamond head. Had to stop a few times on the way up, but I made it!!! It was awesome. The views from the top were unbelievable. I will post some pics fpr you all. If it were not for medifast, I really dont think I would have even been able to attemp that hike!
sheila
sheila
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Denise » June 5th, 2006, 2:00 pm

Sheila..you Jock you! Congrats!
It must be so great to get out and move around..and actually..do it not dread it!

You must feel great!
Keep it up!
:runner: Is that you running? :lol:
Denise
Preferred member

Postby DogMa » June 5th, 2006, 2:07 pm

That's awesome, Sheila! Congratulations!!
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby sheila » June 5th, 2006, 2:13 pm

No, Denise. thats not me running, not yet...lol! I thought it was funny you said that because I am going to have to start running this week. Hubby is going to take it easy on me, and we are going to start running short distances at first. I am applyin for a new job, I am trying to get hired with the Honolulu Police Dept. And...you gotta be able to run. And I am no runner! But hubby(a MARINE) thinks he can make me into one, so, we'll see. ;)
sheila
sheila

Postby Denise » June 5th, 2006, 2:16 pm

Wow! That is quite a goal! Best wishes..let us know how it goes!
Denise
Preferred member

Postby Aerie » June 5th, 2006, 3:04 pm

What a great inspiring acomplishment and what a great feeling it must have been standing at the top and looking down. That's a great NSV thanks for sharing.
Aerie
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Janae » June 5th, 2006, 4:12 pm

What an exciting job prospect!!! It will happen for you...just like climbing the mountain did! You inspire me!

Was the job as desire you had for awhile or has your weight loss given you the idea/confidence/motivation?

You Go Girl!

Blessings-
J
Janae
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby sheila » June 5th, 2006, 4:31 pm

I had been interested in the police department for some time now. But it seems like perfect timing, I am getting in to shape, and they were advertising the need for new recruits. I am really psyched about it. I hope it works out. They have a written test portion of the exam coming up this month, I want to try to get scheduled for that. I am also looking into another job, just in case this one doesnt pan out. It is as a youth correctional officer. Thanks for saying that I inspire ya, that is nice to hear sometimes. After all, I have 3 teenagers at home, and they dont ten to say things like that....ever! ha ha
sheila
sheila

Postby Arklahoma » June 6th, 2006, 4:08 am

CONGRATS on your hiking adventure. My hubby and I love to hike. Can't wait to see the pics!!!
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby emarooster » June 6th, 2006, 11:19 am

:woohoo: How exciting for you. All sorts of new doors are opening up for you now. Congratulations! :yay: I look forward to seeing your pics.
Our family motto: "We Put the FUN in Disfunctional!"
emarooster
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby MiriamKelly » June 7th, 2006, 1:33 pm

woot! Congrats! My husband and I moved to Hawaii last year and we took my father in law up there and I stopped at the first tunnel (I was fine walking up the path and stairs, but getting in the tunnel made me super super dizzy and nauseous so I walked back down and stopped for a few. I think it was due to being out of shape + no water). My husband and his dad made it to the steps outside the tunnel and turned around (course I didnt know they were turning around, so I eventually walked through the tunnel with my eyes closed and until I was stopped by them walking down). I was very proud of my father in law for making it that far (he's 70 and going strong) but I felt so ...sad... that I couldnt make it.

Hiking to the top is a mini goal for us - well, it was hiking to the top, then driving down and getting shave ice :o . It's so awesome to hear that you've done it!

-M

Start: 6/4/06
Pounds to lose: 60
Pounds lost: first weight in 6/11/06
MiriamKelly

Return to The Weight Room