WHEN CAN I EXCERCISE! It's killing me to wait!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

WHEN CAN I EXCERCISE! It's killing me to wait!

Postby artsyphartsy » July 25th, 2005, 7:38 am

when i read the medifast manual, it said i can't excercise for 3-4 weeks, for metabolic reasons it said...but i'm dying to get on the treadmill and it's only been 2 weeks into this program...so is this a hard and fast rule? I don't want to mess up loosing anything off me. :o
artsyphartsy

Postby martha » July 25th, 2005, 8:23 am

I read where if you were already exercising before starting to cut back to 1/2 of what you were already doing..I used to walk about 30-45 minutes each day till lately.. I read where you should not go over 45 minutes each day.. Nancy will let you know soon if this is right..Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Mommy2girls » July 25th, 2005, 2:51 pm

I agree with Martha, if you have already been regularly exercising, you can cut your program in half, but still continue. I have been a member of Curves fitness center for 15 months now and when I started MFing, I slowed up the pace and eased back a bit. I had no problems and I didn't lose my "routine". I wasn't going to sit around for 4 weeks (not to mention pay dues) at Curves, but I did slow down considerably. After the 4 week initial period, I slowly worked my pace back up. Luckily at Curves you get to decide how hard and how long you want to work out.

Good luck!
Sheila
Sheila

Maintaining a –45lb loss....

Mommy2girls
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Exercise

Postby Jan » July 25th, 2005, 3:03 pm

Hi there,
Exercise??? The ladies are right. If you have been exercising regularly then cut back your session by 1/2 the first three weeks. After 3 weeks you may work back to your regular exercise provided you don't exercise more than 45 minutes. That's about the limit on this program. Our goal is to lose weight. If you shock your body with a lower caloric intake and heavy exercise at the same time -- you won't lose. It goes back to the old hunter and gatherer days when we were chasing after our dinner. If you didn't get much to eat and were chasing down the prey your body decided it was poor hunting and it had better hang on to what it had -- fat wise. Sooooo if you want the fat to go :shock: :twisted: watch the exercise.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Return to Come on in.